New Archangels Comic Series Out!!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

New Archangels Comic Series Out!!!

Postby brantelg » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:05 am

I just found out yesterday that a new comic series based on the classic Christian Archangels series has been released. The first issue of the new miniseries, Archangels: The Fall, has already been released with the other two on the way. You can check it out (and order it) at http://www.cahabaproductions.com/

I thought some of you might like to know this.
brantelg

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:54 pm

I had been hoping they would remain with the characters from the original series, and give them the development they deserve, but this is good to hear anyway. Now to see about finding a way to read this...
uc pseudonym

Postby Maledicte » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:40 pm

Looks good. I'm pleasantly surprised.
Is Lucifer the one with the purple robe? I think so. Interesting interpretation. I'm not a huge fan of Scott Sirag's artwork though. His characters are so...i don't know how to say...gung-ho, I guess? I mean, they're angels, not bodybuilders. H had a similar problem in the first series, as the average human character was incredibly buff. Oh well, at least I can draw my own angels :grin:
Maledicte

Postby Maledicte » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:37 am

WHOOPS! sorry blank post won't happen again
*ahem* I'msorry "masculine" was not the word I was looking for. "gung-ho" is more like it.
Sorry on both counts.
Maledicte

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:52 pm

Fixed on both accounts. I definitely know what you mean by that; I just attributed that to the typical human phisique, but it was wierd seeing average humans look like people who should be flexing for a picture.

If anyone here gets the first issue before I do, tell us what you thought of it.
uc pseudonym

Postby That Dude » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:20 pm

That's awesome...It sure took them long enough to come out with it. I've been looking forward to seeing more of their work.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri May 20, 2005 12:43 pm

I finally got this (they're absolutely terrible with delays and shipping), and overall I enjoyed the three issues. They didn't have the same feel as the first nine, but were very much in the same universe and from the same worldview. The art was generally the same as the latter part of "The Saga" and a few aspects improved. Theologically, it was better than mainline philosophy.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ryupower » Fri May 20, 2005 8:01 pm

me no see...:(
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat May 21, 2005 10:28 am

You mean the link doesn't work for you? That's unusual, as it's a direct link to a fairly stable site.
uc pseudonym

Postby Hoshika » Sat May 21, 2005 5:57 pm

brantelg wrote:I just found out yesterday that a new comic series based on the classic Christian Archangels series has been released. The first issue of the new miniseries, Archangels: The Fall, has already been released with the other two on the way. You can check it out (and order it) at http://www.cahabaproductions.com/

I thought some of you might like to know this.

XD Yay!
I bought the comics for my little cousin and found myself reading them and I kinda like it. I think I'll get the new ones for myself this time. Thanks for sharing the link!
Hoshika

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sat May 21, 2005 7:30 pm

i got the whole series of the saga, so i was already aware of these other titles that they were working on, glad to see they finally got around to making these others available
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun May 22, 2005 5:55 pm

There were a number of issues that resulted in a change of company, so they were significantly delayed. According to them their next trilogy will begin late this year, but I'm skeptical.
uc pseudonym

Postby BigZam » Sun May 22, 2005 7:56 pm

what the heck...who the heck is Cahaba?! It was Eternal Studios.
gone for good...
BigZam

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 23, 2005 9:01 am

My post before yours applies to that, actually. They were formerly working as Eternal Studios, but that company was forced to close. However, they reopened under Cahaba Productions after reorganizing.
uc pseudonym

Postby BigZam » Mon May 23, 2005 2:20 pm

oh woops....sorry bout that.
gone for good...
BigZam

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews