manga concerns

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

manga concerns

Postby yukinon » Thu May 19, 2005 1:16 pm

I'm not asking for details, but does anyone know about the mangas Legal Drug and Eerie Queerie? A friend of mine recently bought them and I'm a little concerned that he's reading them, but I've had a hard time finding any information on them.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Debitt » Thu May 19, 2005 2:18 pm

Both blatantly shounen-ai. ^_^;; Well, I'm positive Eerie Queerie is (Ghost in Japan), and I'm pretty sure Legal Drug is as well. =/

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Puguni » Thu May 19, 2005 3:34 pm

I know eerie queerie is shounen-ai. Dun know about Legal Drug though, but CLAMP is known to do some shounen-ai.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Kaori » Thu May 19, 2005 4:44 pm

I flipped through the first volume of Legal Drug, and it does seem to be patently shonen-ai. Whether that should cause you to worry depends on your friend, I suppose.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Hoshika » Thu May 19, 2005 10:11 pm

Eerie Querie and Legal Drug are both Tokyopop titles in the U.S.

Here are a coouple of links that might help:

Eerie Queerie
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=GHO&categorycode=BMG

Legal Drug
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=LEG&categorycode=BMG
Hoshika

Postby blue elf » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:17 pm

I'm sure I read on the net somewhere that Legal Drug was a shounen-ai title.
-BlueElf
blue elf

Postby Yeito » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:08 pm

My friend has those as well. As everyone else said, Eerie Queerie is just.. blatant.
-__-

As for Legal Drug... well... the only kind of blatant stuff so far has been the dr. and the weird guy with the glasses and in the third book at the weird school. Yes.. I have read it. Do not ask why. -__- I first saw it and thought, "ooh.. clamp..." and then.. I dunno. :shrug: It could be worse though. :shivers:

Anywho. Yah you gots ta watch out for these things. <.< ... >.>
Yeito

Postby Ashley » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:11 pm

Considering Legal Drug is all about marijuana (and if you don't belive me, check the side bar logo), I'm pretty sure there is more to worry about there than shounen ai.
Ashley

Postby Sparrow Writer » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:35 am

Ashley wrote:Considering Legal Drug is all about marijuana (and if you don't belive me, check the side bar logo), I'm pretty sure there is more to worry about there than shounen ai.

I'm pretty sure its not about marijuana (yeah, I know what's on the side bar). It's about two guys who work at a pharmacy. Then at night, they do some kind of supernatural work. I haven't read it though...but considering its Clamp, yeah, shonen-ai is a big thing with them. (My friend's a Clamp fan...I like some of their stuff, but I'm not big on it)

I know absolutely nothing about Eerie Querie.
"Ah, look, Kouryuu...the birds are returning north. Can you see? ...Kouryuu. Who do you suppose decided birds are free? They can fly wherever they choose...but if there's no branch for them to return to...they might regret having wings, don't you think? Perhaps true freedom...is having a home to return to."

~Adopted By~
Silvanis
Sparrow Writer

Postby Katharine Faith » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:57 am

Legal Drug = Definite shounen-ai overtones. A lot of CLAMP's work has those overtones, even if certain people politely ignore them.

Eerie Queerie = Weird shounen-ai. One of the male characters is possessed by the ghost of a girl, I believe, and that girl, of course, ends up with a crush on a boy. Hence the weird part. It's like pseudo-shounen-ai.

Neither is appropriate for young audiences, or for non-shounen-ai-fans.
Katharine Faith

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:50 am

The Title alone for Eerie Queerie should give some ppl hints about...that stuffs...

And Clamp started off as Yaoi Doujinshi writers... so...OF COURSE their stuffs will have that...filth in them...

If you don't want your friend reading these, Plan a sleep over at their house (if they are of the same gender as you) and while they are sleeping take the books and burn them..

SIMPLE NE?

------OR-------
you could just tell them how wierd those books are...

I know the annoyance of these type of things..my guy friend for some reason likes to buy a certain "can't talk about on CAA" title.. and it freaks ME out!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews