Free Comic Book Day

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Free Comic Book Day

Postby oro! » Sat May 07, 2005 3:46 pm

So, today was the day when you could go to a participating comic shop and get free comics. I drove all the way to a different city to get them. It was great, but, being free they didn't last. Luckily i saw a trigun animanga for twenty five cents and it was all better. I personally don't like the real manga, so ya know... :drool: :jump:
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Puguni » Sat May 07, 2005 4:34 pm

What?! Now I'm jealous. XD
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat May 07, 2005 5:42 pm

--What stores!?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby kazekami » Sat May 07, 2005 10:17 pm

wow where I went they had no manga. I must be unlucky.
kazekami

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun May 08, 2005 4:33 am

crap!! I forgot about that XO
Kawaiikneko

Postby Uriah » Sun May 08, 2005 3:05 pm

Free comic books= Good.

I wish our local Borders wanted to give me all their manga..
Uriah

Postby Kenshin17 » Mon May 09, 2005 12:21 pm

Hastings did that. I missed out on the Star Wars one :waah!:
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby oro! » Tue May 10, 2005 1:27 pm

Sorry guys. I shoulda posted on friday. Don't kill me or anything...there will be one next year. On the website http://www.freecomicbookday.com, it showed which ones near you would be participating. Guess it won't help now... but the free comic books were really thin anyway. They didn't have the ronin one! I so wanted that!
So don't do this/ :hits_self :bang:
It'll be okay/
too bad you had to miss/
that wonderful, wonderful day/
there's always next year/
Let no one ph33r!/
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu May 12, 2005 4:54 pm

Secret:

Oro!Girl7 has a crush on Vash and Wolfwood. :evil: *runs*
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby oro! » Sat May 14, 2005 4:31 pm

Heart of Sword wrote:Secret:

Oro!Girl7 has a crush on Vash and Wolfwood. :evil: *runs*

A crush? I will crush YOU, you evil tattling wolf! I will put my mark of doom on you and your precious three-eyed Teian! Then the whole world will know that....um what?
I dunno. Just nobody read this thread, kay?
oro!

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews