Trigun Maximum Volume 4: Break Out

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Trigun Maximum Volume 4: Break Out

Postby AngelSakura » Sat May 07, 2005 12:07 pm

It's time once again for the next volume of Trigun Maximum, Yasuhiro Nightow's "deep space planet future gun action" manga. I'm having anticipation seizures. I want it, I want it NOW!!!
http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=10-225 <-- This shall point you to Dark Horse's page and four preview pages. They cut off very inconvienently, I must say. That kid on the last page is suspiciously familiar. Hmmm. What cool titles the chapters have.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat May 07, 2005 12:25 pm

Volume 5, you mean? But yeah, I gotta look for that as soon as I get a chance.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Uriah » Sun May 08, 2005 3:08 pm

My local Borders takes weeks to get manga in after their release...
Uriah

Postby Lunis » Sun May 08, 2005 3:47 pm

AngelSakura wrote:Trigun Maximum Volume 4: Break Out
... Bwahahahaha! XD ...4...

Aw, I'm horrible. Laughing at your expense like that. :(

Yeah, I checked today, and neither Suncoast nor Sam Goody had it. That's where I get mine, because I'm a member and have free coupons. ^__^ They said to check back in a week. A WEEK!! *wails* :waah!:
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby TrigunX89 » Sun May 08, 2005 4:06 pm

Darn, I only have the first 3 TM volumes! I need to catch up!

Just wondering, how many volumes will there be?
TrigunX89

Postby AngelSakura » Sun May 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Oops. Yesh, I meant five. Sorry. Knew I should have typed it out.

<<Just wondering, how many volumes will there be?>>
At the moment, the last one to come out in Japan was volume eleven. The series isn't complete just yet, although reliable sources say it appears to be approaching its end...
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Uriah » Sun May 08, 2005 8:46 pm

Woah.. I thought It was only 9.
Uriah

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon May 09, 2005 6:40 am

AAAAAH, I must have it. Just order it directly from darkhorse if you're so "dying" to get it. That's wat I'm doin. ^^
Ichigo_89

Postby AngelSakura » Mon May 09, 2005 1:21 pm

<<Woah.. I thought It was only 9.>>
Numbers ten and eleven came out at the same time, for undisclosed reasons.

<<AAAAAH, I must have it. Just order it directly from darkhorse if you're so "dying" to get it. That's wat I'm doin. ^^>>
It ends up taking less time if I just wait. ^^
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Tue May 10, 2005 2:21 pm

AngelSakura wrote:The series isn't complete just yet, although reliable sources say it appears to be approaching its end...
NO!!! :bang:
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Tue May 10, 2005 3:49 pm

Reliable sources usually don't lie. Besides, how much is too much? Eventually, it'll just be like Dragonball Z and InuYasha: drawn out too much.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Fri May 13, 2005 6:51 am

I guess you're right. But still... *has the worst feeling that Knives-sama is going to die in the end* >_< *shudders*

(That wasn't a spoiler, because it was just my own personal feeling.)
Lunis

Postby Uriah » Fri May 13, 2005 1:43 pm

I don't know.. Vash won't kill, and he's about the only one who can beat him.
Uriah

Postby AngelSakura » Fri May 13, 2005 4:51 pm

Like Vicious and Spike. No one can kill either but the other. *feels philsophical*
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Fri May 13, 2005 7:39 pm

Uriah wrote:Vash won't kill, and he's about the only one who can beat him.
But Vash seems less pacifistic in the manga. I think in Trigun vol. 2, he actually said that he was going to kill Knives for what he'd done. That Tongari scares me. I'm not sure what I'd do if my Knivesu died! :sniffle:
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Sat May 14, 2005 3:39 pm

He did. And I quote...

"I'm the one asking the questions. Where is he?! ... The one thing that has kept living for so long... I must send him to hell. The b*****d killed Rem! It's time to pay for his sin. He's mine!"
-- Original Trigun Volume Two, Chapter One, "Blood and Thunder"

I left in all of Dark Horse's pointless bolding to give the proper effect.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Sun May 15, 2005 5:29 am

*whimper* ... :waah!:

*hisses at Vash* You're so evil! At least he's not trying to kill you! You're living your whole life for revenge?! How many people have you taught that revenge wasn't the right answer?! You yell, "Love and Peace," but, comming from you, that's all just hypocrisy and lies! All you really do is worship Rem whether anything else is right or not! You freaking tick me off! :mutter:

Consider yourself blown off; I'm going to go visit the better twin. Hmph! *leaves*
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Sun May 15, 2005 12:41 pm

Lunis... Perhaps you should consider...professional help... XD;;
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Sun May 15, 2005 2:01 pm

:P Perhaps.

But really, Vash is making me mad. He's far from being right in what he believes. Today, I mentioned to my dad, "Vash is so messed up," and he was like, "You just noticed this now?" I bet ct girl would give me a good talking to if she ever read this. But, you know, it's still true.

On a very slightly related subject, in church today, we had pamphlets with questions on them that followed the sermon. On a section of the paper, there were a bunch of blanks for us to fill in our bad habits. My dad started writing things he should be better at and showing them to me (Yes, this does tie to Trigun eventually). He put things like, "Need to be less tolerant with the kids," "Need to give more physical punishment," etc. Of course, he was joking. So I began to write a to do list on mine. It eventually turned out like this:

destroy all humans

hit Vash upside the head

free all plants

eliminate Spork
(It's a long story; although it's kind of a short one. My dad made up a Trigun character named Spork. He's Vash and Knives' retarded, long lost brother.)

create an Eden

buy milk from the grocery store

...I do need help, don't I?
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Sun May 15, 2005 2:21 pm

Spork? XDDDDD
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Uriah » Sun May 15, 2005 8:10 pm

O_o... I do tend to share knives' world view on things, "Kill spiders to save butterflies."

In a spiritual sense, knives is a basic example of what religion does to people, you condemn everyone else for their imperfections, but fail to notice you are murderer.

Vash is more like an example of the mercy God wants to give. So Vash isn't really evil.. He's just a person who want's love to prevail, but finds himself overwhelmed and incapible.

This is considering that both of them are basicly human souls with advanced minds and bodies.
Uriah

Postby Lunis » Mon May 16, 2005 7:06 am

Uriah, you're a good person. I like you. ^_^ You made me feel better about Vash, and you understand Knives. *goes off happily*
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Fri May 27, 2005 12:11 pm

I hope it's appropriate to bump this thread, as I just got this volume yesterday.
Oh. Oh, Nightow-sensei, how can you do this to us? Not that the volume was BAD in any way. It just made me cry only slightly more than Full Metal Alchemist.

[Quote=Trigun Maximum 5: Break Out]Hoppered: I probably won't end up where she is...but it's gotta be closer than this place...
Midvalley: There is...no heaven and hell...[/quote]
AngelSakura

Postby Uriah » Fri May 27, 2005 9:44 pm

Just because Midvalley says something doesnt mean it's Nightow's personal belief, though.
Uriah

Postby Joshua Christopher » Fri May 27, 2005 11:39 pm

Uriah wrote:Just because Midvalley says something doesnt mean it's Nightow's personal belief, though.

Correct. It makes perfect of sense to create characters that do not share your own beliefs. Without doing so, how could we create villains..... or in my case, heroes?
Joshua Christopher

Postby AngelSakura » Sat May 28, 2005 11:30 am

<<Just because Midvalley says something doesnt mean it's Nightow's personal belief, though.>>
I know that, of course. That was just a quote that really hit me. It was more what happened in the volume that made me cry. Nothing to do with that.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Tue May 31, 2005 10:11 am

I FINALLY GOT IT!!! Yesss!!!

***Trigun Maximum vol. 5 SPOILERS***

...Does Yasuhiro Nightow take great pleasure in drawing demented faces? I mean really, even in the serious parts, everyone is making crazed faces without any real reason to. The art in this one seemed a bit...off.

At first, I didn't get the part where Zazie "dies." I understand now, but when I first read it, I was like, "I am so lost!"

And it never really explained the part with Hoppered and the blind girl. What was up with that?!

I'm making it sound like I completely hated this volume. Not even close! There were just a few weird things about it.

In this volume there was a very rare moment where I actually hated Legato. That is so not like me! Not only was he acting more insane than ever, and not only did he have Hoppered shoot Midvalley, but he had to run Midvalley over with his motercycle as well! Grrrrrrrraawwrrr! *fangirl instincts taking over* Legato is so dead! :evil:

But after that, I started feeling sorry for Legato when he was having such a hard time controlling everybody, and when Elendira impaled him. So now I'm back to my Legato-loving self.

But... Oh gosh. Midvalley!! *sob* The motercycle part is really what tore me up. Give the dying/dead guy a break!! :sniffle: And when Legato made him shoot Hoppered... *shivers* I need to give Midvalley a hug again...

Why do I like Elendira so much?! Gah! XD He's so calm and materialistic and not morbid! Refreshing! And a bit humerous, too. The part where he falls off his ship... lol! He's such an interesting character! And it seems his loyalty to Knives is almost as much as Legato's.

I think it's a given that I loved the Knives parts. Interesting parts, too. So much that I know from spoilers that make these parts more significant! I think it's neat that Elendira's job is to protect Legato, whom he dislikes so much. Heh. One thing I don't get, though, is how Elendira can have such power against Legato. Couldn't Legato mind control him as well. Like, to stop him from impaling him or something? o.O

For some reason, I found the part where Zazie was recuperating in the room right next to Milly's quite hilarious. Her (Zazie's) reaction when she found out was priceless. And that wig... Bwahahahaha!

And Wolfwood, don't be so darn stubborn! Just admit that you were paying your respects because you actually did care about Midvalley!!
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Tue May 31, 2005 12:47 pm

I'm not even gonna try and respond to ALL of that, but I'll do bits and pieces.

***Trigun Maximum vol. 5 SPOILERS***

<<...Does Yasuhiro Nightow take great pleasure in drawing demented faces?>>
I actually liked the art in this volume. The only thing I think he should do with it is something about the PROPORTIONS. I mean, really. Look at the title page for "The City. And Then the Banquet of Dogs."

<<And it never really explained the part with Hoppered and the blind girl. What was up with that?!>>
*shrug* Dunno. She was pretty, though.

<<But... Oh gosh. Midvalley!! *sob*>>
I know. I couldn't...bear to tell you... It was a great comfort to me that he died quickly. And that he had a decent burial.

<<Why do I like Elendira so much?!>>
Because he's awesome, of course. Now I might be able to write him a bit better too.

<<And Wolfwood, don't be so darn stubborn!>>
He's a stubborn thing. And also, he's such a terrific liar you can never tell when he's being honest. XD

For myself, I think this volume was the quotable volume. XD I could go through and make an entire page just on the quotes. Midvalley's "Don't talk to me about morals. We'll both get our lips burned," the exchange between Midvalley and Hoppered, Legato's little declaration about the need for nothing but Knives-sama. Beautiful. I commend Dark Horse on their translation this volume.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby jazz » Tue May 31, 2005 1:44 pm

*dances and hugs her copy of volume 5*

GASP!!! it was wonderful! i thought i was going to die!... well, not really. but you understand...

Lunis wrote:At first, I didn't get the part where Zazie "dies." I understand now, but when I first read it, I was like, "I am so lost!"

i'm not completely sure i get that one yet...
jazz

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue May 31, 2005 2:52 pm

AngelSakura wrote:<<And it never really explained the part with Hoppered and the blind girl. What was up with that?!>>
*shrug* Dunno. She was pretty, though.

I think it was just to give his character a bit more depth. I noticed that Vash seemed to show sympathy for Hoppered when he died. Probably because they had both lost someone close to them and Vash knows that Hoppered's pain is Vash's fault.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews