Fruits Basket Volume 8!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fruits Basket Volume 8!

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:21 pm

I just bought this yesterday so-- naturally, I decided to start it a wonderful thread!

I thought this volume was wonderful and that it began some interesting plots. The most out standing revelations, comments, instances, ect:

Well, I'm absolutely thrilled to find out
[spoiler]THAT HARU ISN'T GAY! Yay!

I must say that I felt so sorry for him in this volume, though. I hope he gets back together with Rin, 'cause, when he's sad, he makes me want to cry.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I almost suffocated laughing during the haunted house chapter. That was absolutely comedic gold.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I look forward to finding finally finding out just what EXACTLY IS GOING ON IN YUKI'S HEAD! Arg, I love him, I just wish he would SAY what he's thinking sometimes.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] I wish we the mysterious man from the last pages of volume 7 had been in it. I want to know who is he. (Just kidding. If you tell me, I'll hurt you Kae-kun!! :lol: )[/spoiler]

Hmm, that's all I can think of for now. Commence conversation.

And please remember everyone, if you know something about future volumes, please don't put it in this thread. When we have spoilerize information from the volume that is the topic of the thread and spoilerized information from future volumes, it's simply too easy to find things you don't want to know. Thanks for your consideration!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:05 pm

O.O

It is out now?! Good thing I have class in Danville three days out of the week...I guess I'll be stoppin' by the mall on Tuesday after my calculus class. ^^

Mangafanatic wrote:And please remember everyone, if you know something about future volumes, please don't put it in this thread. When we have spoilerize information from the volume that is the topic of the thread and spoilerized information from future volumes, it's simply too easy to find things you don't want to know. Thanks for your consideration!

I'm not entirely sure if I'm guilty of this, I can't remember...but I will keep it in mind for future posts in threads of this nature. As always, though, if anyone wants info from the later chapters of Furuba, PM me and I'll be happy to give it. ^^

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:26 pm

kaemmerite wrote:I'm not entirely sure if I'm guilty of this, I can't remember...but I will keep it in mind for future posts in threads of this nature. As always, though, if anyone wants info from the later chapters of Furuba, PM me and I'll be happy to give it. ^^

No, I rarely ever have this problem with older members. It's generally newer members who don't know any better. And I'm not thinking of anyone in particular. I'm just making a general statement about past threads.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:29 pm

It's out?! *looks around for transportation to bookstore.....doesn't see any at the moment* So many manga (and manwha) to read!! Love or Money vol. 2 , Neck and Neck vol. 2, Whistle! vol. 1, Imadoki vol. 2, Pretear vol. 2, and now Furuba vol. 8! Goodness, how am I gonna find time to read all of these?! No more time.....and I still have homework to do before spring break ends :sweat:

Yeah, I got a little off topic.....
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Kisa » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:57 pm

YAY! More FB!
Also here is a site that explains alot of manga related stuff.....
http://ume.silent-hope.net/updates.shtml
*cries* I also found out from the site for sure that:
[spoiler]Yuki is the red hat boy[/spoiler]
><
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:47 am

gah! you got it already o.o

nuuuu I wanna go harass my local barnes&nobles now.... oh well I preordered it so I'll get it sometime this week while the rest of the sorry people have to wait until April 12th :evil: Barnes&Nobles stocks so slowly >.<
Kawaiikneko

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:04 pm

It's sorta funny, because the reason I got this manga earily is because the assisant manager of the store knows me because I'm in there all the time. After me coming into the book store several times after obviously not finding what I was looking for, she just said "When we get Fruits Basket in, I'll just pull it for you." So I went in Friday and she got it out of the back room for me before it was even on the shelf.

Mangafanatic

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:It's sorta funny, because the reason I got this manga earily is because the assisant manager of the store knows me because I'm in there. After me coming into the book store several times after obviously not finding what I was looking for, she just said "When we got Fruits Basket in, I'll just pull it for you." So I went in Friday and she got it out of the back room for me before it was even on the shelf.

GAH! MF!! You beat me too it!! >.< I just got it yesturday as well!! Only i don't like the: (SPOILER CLICK AND DRAG!!) Ritsu Arc.. But yah.. i wanted to get 7 as well because i had enough for both, but my sister wouldn't let me.. because she wanted me to buy DNangel vol 3, so she wouldn't let me by when i changed my mind. she was all, "NO! I wanna see what happens in DNANGEL!!" I was like, then Buy it yourself!!" she said "NO! U BUY it.." So i didnt want to make a scene, so she is gonna buy 7 for me when she goes on her FCCLA trip.. ^_^ I luv my sis, she always brings me back fun anime things when she goes for school events.. like in Nov. She bought me a menchi plushie from Excel Saga, and she also got me a subaru figurine.. *Hugs older sister*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:29 pm

I got it today, and loved it!^^ I wasn't expecting Rin to auctly be in it, i thout she wasn't in it till the next vol, so i was really happy!^^ Yuki's too cute, and i love to see that Ayami and him are getting along better*in a way...* I love that Yuki calls him Nii-san!X3 Too cute! I love Hatsuharu, he's too cool, and so "whatever" His hair is so cute when it's wet. lol
SorasOathkeeper

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:35 pm

SorasOathkeeper wrote:I got it today, and loved it!^^ I wasn't expecting Rin to auctly be in it, i thout she wasn't in it till the next vol, so i was really happy!^^ Yuki's too cute, and i love to see that Ayami and him are getting along better*in a way...* I love that Yuki calls him Nii-san!X3 Too cute! I love Hatsuharu, he's too cool, and so "whatever" His hair is so cute when it's wet. lol

Even though i bought it i won't read it for a few days.. I have an art trip to go to on the 6th, so i will probably read it then.. i usually take my time when i read mangas.. espescially the ones that i don't get every month like Furuba....
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:22 pm

So far I have read the first half of it....it's so good! And I love that Haru is on the cover ^^ He's so cool.
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:02 pm

o.o gah! osaka i must find a way to get connections like yours!

buut now that doesn't matter cause I have it~ *hug* I love it so much I may have to read it again tonight, but tommorow it will begin its pilgrimage through the anime lovers at my school~ XD

My favorite parts of the book were probably Yuki's interaction with Aaya. XD; those were great! This book also seemed to be leaning a bit more towards Kyo and Tohru, which is nice and all, but I do really wish there was more Yuki/Tohru *puts on hardhat to protect myself* But from what I've heard it seems the series begins to lean more towards Kyo/Tohru... *sigh* oh well, either way is good.

I liked seeing Rin in the manga for the first time too! I've seen pictures of her on the net, but not in the manga so, whoopa she is here~
Kawaiikneko

Postby soul alive » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:52 am

got it on saturday, the first day i was able to get away from campus and go to Borders. enjoyed it immensely. especially the haunted house part... so funny *snort* especially Haru's 'story' and how Tohru was so serious about it... lol

(and to use my powers as Captain Obvious...) [spoiler] does Akito hospitalize everyone who comes to him to inform him of their love for someone else or who is the subject of said love? ...i'm sensing a pattern. Hatori... Kisa... Rin(?)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]so evil, and he's supposed to appear more in the next few volumes, including the revealing of his 'true identity.'[/spoiler]

i was lacking amusement the other day and went over to Tokyo Pop's site and read the volume summaries that were available for the next few volumes... can't wait, especially for them to start coming out once a month...

*edit: oops, :sweat: sorry. added spoilers
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:22 am

Let's all be sure to use spoiler tags for anything that someone who hasn't read this volume might not know, k?

About the Akito hurting people
[spoiler] I think he pretty much beats everybody black and blue who attempts to have a life of their own. You evil idiot![/spoiler]

[spoiler=the horror house and Haru] I can't tell you how hard I laughed during Haru's story. Especially when he just snaps the head off of that other prop and puts the two heads together. I was dying I tell you! Dying!

Haru's so brave. Even when he's upset about Rin, he remains concerned about everybody else. He's such a darling! *huggles Haru*[/spoiler]

Mangafanatic

Postby Nate » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:49 am

Mangafanatic wrote:[spoiler] I think he pretty much beats everybody black and blue who attempts to have a life of their own. You evil idiot![/spoiler]

Well, I'll explain it without spoilerizing future volumes.

[spoiler]Akito doesn't like women in general. There's a reason for this, but I can't say for a few volumes, and I won't have to once you read it. ]

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Yumie » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:59 am

My favorite part? Pretty much same as Osaka's. Not just because of the humor, but because Tohru ad Momiji take it so seriously. It's hilarious. . . :lol:
Yumie

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:54 pm

and the store manager too! XD

I liked the beginnging when Haru is black and when Ritsu meets Mitchan *o* they'd be so cute together!!
Kawaiikneko

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:45 pm

I found out that FuruBa will only be relased monthly for the summer, then after the summer they will come out every month.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:47 am

do you mean after summer they'll come out every other month? *sigh* oh well...
Kawaiikneko

Postby Yumie » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:55 am

Oh, are you sure? I thought I might have seen some release dates at some point (I don't remember for sure if it's Furuba I'm thinking about) and I thought they were going to be released monthly even beyond summer. . . hmmmm. . . .
Yumie

Postby faithfighter » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:36 pm

I love this 1, its 1 of the best...!
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Sai » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:12 pm

My fav so far is three i think
Sai

Postby Kisa » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:10 pm

just finished it! ah! i can't wait to read the whole series, its getting good! also cause its new stuff now past the anime, lol ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby This is Song » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:01 pm

I just read 8! Im getting so impatient tho T_T a friend of mine loves Akito and said something happens in the 90s chapters that changed her views of him, but she wont tell me! times like this i wish I can read Japanese...
This is Song

Postby Dark_angel » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:18 pm

This is Song wrote:I just read 8! Im getting so impatient tho T_T a friend of mine loves Akito and said something happens in the 90s chapters that changed her views of him, but she wont tell me! times like this i wish I can read Japanese...

....I've read up to volume 14, and it's sooooo good! >_< and yes, when you get there, your view of him will change...ALOT...so many surprises later on, but they're all really good, I can't wait until i get the next few volumes.
[indent]
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding -provers 9:10

[/indent](Sorting things out, but will be back later.) :angel:
Dark_angel

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:22 pm

I finally got it! YES! I think my favorite characters are Haru and Aya. I like Haru's white personality and general demeanor (not to mention that is my favorite style of dress), and Aya just makes me about die laughing everytime! He is so over the top (which is ironic because he's the kind of person who generally drives me crazy IRL)! I wonder though: Since both Kyo and Yuki rely so much on Tohru emotionally, how is not going to get ugly when it comes time to pick one unless one of the two boys decide to bow out? I'm also interested in what Akito's deal is and how he can manipulate the zodiac members through the effect of the curse.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:34 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:I wonder though: Since both Kyo and Yuki rely so much on Tohru emotionally, how is not going to get ugly when it comes time to pick one unless one of the two boys decide to bow out?

I am going to cry when that day comes. I love them both too much to see either of them hurt.

Well, if you'll excuse me now, I have to finish work on my Tohru cloning machine.

Mangafanatic

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:13 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Well, if you'll excuse me now, I have to finish work on my Tohru cloning machine.

:lol: I'm in favor of Kyo somehow learning to return Kagura's feelings.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:34 pm

woot!! Me too! Although from what I've heard about the recent manga it seems to be leading in a kyo/tohru direction. But who really knows. Tohru probably won't decide because she doesn't want to hurt anyone (although that would really just hurt both of them at the same time)
Kawaiikneko

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Mon May 02, 2005 10:46 pm

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I KNOW IT ALL!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Yes.......my views did change on Akito......But even so, Akito is a real pain in the butt.
SorasOathkeeper

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews