Ragnarok

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Ragnarok

Postby Sai » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:37 pm

I was wondering if any of you had read Ragnarok. If you have could you please tell me of any objectional content in the series. Thanks
Sai

Postby Sync » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:58 pm

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you're talking about the Korean manwha by Myung-Jin Lee and not Matantei Loki Ragnarok, if not hopefully someone else can come and fill you in.

I found it rather enjoyable for only 1/5th of the planned story being produced so far; a very interesting story even though it may seem a bit cliche.
It is heavily based off of Norse mythology so remember to take that into account when beings such as gods are mentioned, they are of totally different meaning. Some characters have rather risque/ecchi clothing, of the same style as the character concept art for the Ragnarok Online game. As for violence, sword battles & magic is the norm; several full page images do occur with rather large amounts of blood as one or more people are mortally wounded/killed.

I'd say its worth it, but the only drawback is that the author has had his attention more on the recent anime in Japan and continuing to help Gravity with the game's design; so it will be a while before Ragnarok is finished.
(RightStuf International is running a tokyopop sale with 30% of graphic novels if you're still interested, though some of Ragnarok is backordered)
Sync

Postby Debitt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:04 pm

:lol: Actually I think the Ragnarok manga has more revealing clothes than the game characters. That's about the only objectionable element in the man-hwa that I can think of. :sweat:

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Sai » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:01 am

Thanks so much
Sai

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews