What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby agasfas » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:43 pm

Today I've finished "Saikano" Vol. 2 & 3. Saikano is proving to be one of the better series I've seen in a while. I really like the fact that it's character driven, yet it doesn't get boring. The story itself is also very touching and sad. One last volume left.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:21 am

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle ep.1
Elric_kun

Postby Namelessknight » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:25 am

Just finished "Legend of Crystania: The Chaos Ring" ova. Much more palatable than the movie. But it was just to full for the small amount of time given it. BUT, it helps wrap up some stuff for us Lodoss lovers...
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby agasfas » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:16 pm

Just visited "Saikano v. 4." Man, this series really made me think about love and life in a different way. The story is quite touching. The main lesson I took away from this was that if somone really close dies, the love we have for another will always keep us close to them- even after they are gone.

I just love anime titles that has something more to offer then what we see at face value; like providing me with a good life lesson or message (positive or inspirational) .

I can easily recommend this. I now have to redue my top 3 list... I would say this is probably my #2 or #3 all time favorite.

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Sync » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:33 pm

GSD 24 raw, but for how nice the new opening is, I'm afraid the show may start to take a turn for the worse. Thanks Fukuda, thanks a lot..
Sync

Postby Scribs » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:15 pm

Castle in the sky
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby olorc » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:13 pm

Castle in the Sky

yay you got it to work!!
Currently - bebop (so good), naruto, inu yasha (sorta), and raxphone.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:29 am

Gakuen Alice eps 1-6
This is a really cute show IMO.
Indigo_Eyes

Postby agasfas » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:34 pm

Today I watched "One Pound Gospel." It's a nice OVA/movie (whichever) about a boxer who has little will power when it comes to maintaining his weight. Early on in the movie he meets a nun in training. She introduces the idea of anything is possible through the lord, also she basically gives him comfort and such throughout the movie. It's nice to see a anime w/ a christian side to it; also the story is very well done, with a good message. Glad I rented it.

agasfas

Postby JoyfulSongs » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:38 pm

Trigun.
JoyfulSongs

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:38 pm

agasfas wrote:Today I watched "One Pound Gospel." It's a nice OVA/movie (whichever) about a boxer who has little will power when it comes to maintaining his weight. Early on in the movie he meets a nun in training. She basically gives him comfort and such throughout the movie. Over all it's a very well balanced anime... It's nice to see an anime that has a christian touch or feel to it.

Wow, that's somewhat on the aged side. I have the VHS that Viz put out. I agree, it is a nice little title.

Currently I'm viewing some vintage 1965 Wonder (Amazing) 3 episodes.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby agasfas » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:41 pm

Wow, that's somewhat on the aged side. I have the VHS that Viz put out. I agree, it is a nice little title.

Yeah, I was at the anime rental store and I just wondered upon it. I usually rent dvd's, but I've always wanted to see this title. VHS or not, it's worth the watch. Classic.

agasfas

Postby Dark_angel » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:45 pm

That's the first time I've heard of that title before, but it does sound quite interesting, I should watch it sometime. Right now I'm in the middle of FMA because I borrowed it from a friend, it is a rather interesting anime, the over angsty theme and the occasional laugh. ^__^
[indent]
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding -provers 9:10

[/indent](Sorting things out, but will be back later.) :angel:
Dark_angel

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:09 pm

Tonight I plan on watching AS:Inuyasha,Trigun,Big O as per usual as well as
R.O.D.The Tv on AU and before that Yu-Gi-Oh!
mitsuki lover

Postby Kenshin17 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:16 pm

Gundam Seed
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby daveedo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:53 pm

AIR TV right now
ImageImage
"Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be **** off all the time." - Danny Vinyard, American History X
daveedo

Postby Elric_kun » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Speed Grapher ep.1
Elric_kun

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:43 am

bluelux wrote:could anyone have recommendations for a detective type anime ? Thanks :D

Two that come to mind are Detective Conan or as it is known on Region 1, Case Closed. There is also Steam Detectives.

I'm currently watching Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles episode 1.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:07 am

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle epi 1
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Elric_kun » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:35 pm

Loveless ep.1
Futakoi Alternative ep.1
Bleach ep.25-27
Elric_kun

Postby LightUpTheDark » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:14 pm

Yeah, I don't do the whole import thing, so I've been watching:

Peacemaker ep. 13-15
Getbackers ep. 21-25
Scrapped Princess ep. 1-4
Please Twins ep. 5-7
Maburaho ep 1
Gravion Zwei ep. 1

on another note, I'm so happy that Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle is coming out! Awesome, awesome.

"Saotome, I will never forgive you! You stole my bread! You lousy theif!"-Ryoga, Ranma 1/2

Preach the Gospel at all time. If necessary, use words.

Me blog...
LightUpTheDark

Postby Elric_kun » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:42 pm

Gundam SEED Destiny ep.25
Elric_kun

Postby inkjet1987 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:46 pm

Recently finished watching Air.
Am currently watching BECK and Azumanga Daioh.
inkjet1987

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:09 pm

Victorian Romance Emma episode 1. For those who like things like Anne of Green Gables, Howard's End and Remains Of The Day, this looks like it's going to be a great title.
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby agasfas » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:56 pm

Today I've watched:
Kimagure Orange Road TV vol. 1 and Fire Tripper.

KOR series is has a different feel then the movie "Summer's Beginning," but the series is so far living up my expectations.

Fire Tripper is also a good movie (or OVA) w/ an interesting story premise. Classic time travel involving fire with a few nice twists. Before watching this title, I had no idea what to expect. I was randomlly browsing the small VHS collection to "change up" my routine, and this anime seemed like it had an interesting story. What's interesting is that this anime is as old as I am. Nice :P.

Recently I've been picking up the old school anime titles and have been really enjoying them. I would easily recommend either KOR or Fire Tripper (if you can find it).

agasfas

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:00 pm

Emma epi 1 (Almost feels like a Jane Austin anime. . Weird.)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Jeikobu » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:09 pm

I've seen up to ep 82 of InuYasha, and have only reached 8 for One Piece and 5 for Tokyo Mew Mew. After I see the Grand Festival eps (NO SPOILERS!), I'll be all caught up with Pocket Monsters Advance Generation. Next Azumanga Daioh is ep 15 and next Peacemaker is ep 13 I think. I hope those two get better. Azumanga seems to be steadily getting better, but Peacemaker hasn't made much progress. :S However, I'm really liking Tokyo Mew Mew and One Piece, and InuYasha is one of the best anime I've ever seen.
Also, I recently saw Ghost in the Shell, so I will next be seeing the sequel. I hope it finishes things up well, as the first left it up in the air.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Elric_kun » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:11 pm

Naruto ep.130
Elric_kun

Postby Reba » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:26 pm

uuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm well i dont know ummm Ruronni kenshin (*_*) and ummmmmm Naruto!!! and bleach to!!!::::::::)))))))))))))))
^^
(^^)=

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby agasfas » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:04 pm

Just finished :Kimagure Orange Road Vol. 2." It's picking up quite nicely.

agasfas

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews