Tsubasa/XXX holic

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Tsubasa/XXX holic

Postby Sparrowhawk » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:08 pm

Alright a little explanation before my question. Umm, i finally have gotten into a... i guess you could say "real" manga. The only manga i have ever read before was "megatokyo" which is okay, but its a daily web comic that also has a continuing story. Anyaways back to the main topic. I have really become interested in Tsubasa and its counterpart xxx holic (i like tsubasa more, but since the two are intertwined i'm reading both of them). However, i don't know how many of either one of them are currently out and when the others are coming out. I know there are at least two of each, i'm currently reading xxx holic 2 and have read the first two of tsubasa (they're great, in my opinion anyways). So anyone know how many of these there are or when others are scheduled to come out? And also, if i enjoy this kind of story, are there any others out there similar that others would recomend? Thanks!
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
-Fellowship of the Ring, by JRR Tolkien

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:21 pm

There's four of each, and the fifth XXXHolic might be coming out soon, I hope. If you like those two, you should check out some of the other CLAMP works. (For more info on those, come visit us in the Sakura/CLAMP fanclub! :thumb: )

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby CloudStrife918 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:23 pm

I'm so gald you enjoy reading this type of manga, too! CLAMP is one of my old favorites when it comes to manga authors! Although i've never read xxxHolic, Tsubasa is definitely a favorite! Cardcaptor Sakura is good, too! If you like this style of art, you'll most likely enjoy titles such as DN Angel as well! Happy reading!
"Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks recieves, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it shall be opened." -Jesus
Matthew 7:7-8
CloudStrife918

Postby Namelessknight » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:58 am

to add another question-

Just how intertwined are xxxHolic and Tsubasa? Could I read one series without the other or not? and if not, are they continously linked? or just a novel or 2 crossover? thanks...
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:42 am

Namelessknight wrote:to add another question-

Just how intertwined are xxxHolic and Tsubasa? Could I read one series without the other or not? and if not, are they continously linked? or just a novel or 2 crossover? thanks...

Tsubasa and xxxHolic can be enjoyed indepent of one another. The tie between the two is just a few events or conversation which are featured in both.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby kazekami » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:38 am

I love Tsubasa. I have all the volumes out in English so far. I can't wait for the next one to come out. Its intresting to see all the different charachters appear that were in other CLAMP manga. I noticed that not all the crossover stuff is noted in the notes in the back either. I only noticed since I've read so much of their work. Its a great series. =)
kazekami

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews