Imadoki. . .

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Ashley » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:42 pm

I was thinking about trying some of her other stuff...but I dunno. More researc is required. *nods*

It seriously made me re-think the way I was approaching storylines....I definately want to add some zing to mine now so I have the same gutsy-emotion-wrenching plot twists Watase-sensei has mastered.

And my fav. scene so far was when Flippy sent Tanpopo the email. XD So cute...

And Osaka, it would only rock if they made it like 60+ episodes long. You can never get enough Flippy or Koki!
Ashley

Postby Mave » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:44 am

O.O! Hang on there, Ash! Chotto matte kudasai!! *grabs Ash on her collar*

Do ask us first about Watase Yuu's other manga titles. She has a tendency of...adding some unnecessary elements in her other titles, which most of us were VERY happy, were NOT present in Imadoki. XD;;;
Mave

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:12 am

[quote="Mave"]
Do ask us first about Watase Yuu's other manga titles. She has a tendency of...adding some unnecessary elements in her other titles, which most of us were VERY happy, were NOT present in Imadoki. XD]

Aye aye! I second, third, and fourth that emotion.

. . . Actually, I can't really think of another Watase manga that I would readily recommend. I haven't read them all, but what I have read has-- um, troubled me.

And about an anime: I don't even need 60 episodes. Just 26 would make me happy fangirl (but of course I wouldn't TURN DOWN 60. *thinks of Flippy and Koki* No, I definitely wouldn't turn it down.) Too bad it'll probably never happen. *sigh*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby oro! » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:40 am

I thought that they already had an Imadoki anime in Japan. Perhaps I was misinformed? either way it's not where we are, right?

EDIT; I can't spell for nothing when I type.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:06 am

Nope, *sigh* just a manga. And it could be such a good anime, too!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:10 pm

After WEEKS of waiting, I finally got volume 5! Although it was a few days before I had the courage to read it....because I KNEW it would be the last volume.

But actually? I LOVED the ending! I thought it was perfect. I couldn't think of a better one that would leave me satisfied with it and not pining for more or feeling rushed, or worst of all, draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaged out. I absolutely LOVED this title and I'm SO glad I got into it. I'm thinking next I will either splurge on Pretear, or get myself the MGR boxset(s ) that I've really wanted. >.>
Ashley

Postby Kkun » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:36 am

I need to look into Imadoki. I enjoyed Ayashi no Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi, and Alice the 19th. The plot of Imadoki sounds interesting. I'll have to talk to my friend and see if she has this, and if I can borrow it.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:53 am

Yeah! All hail the ending! I'm glad you liked it, Ash.

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:54 pm

I need to look into Imadoki. I enjoyed Ayashi no Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi, and Alice the 19th. The plot of Imadoki sounds interesting. I'll have to talk to my friend and see if she has this, and if I can borrow it.

I have skated around Watase's stuff in the past--it was always "it looks so good BUT *insert objection here* Imadoki I was VERY satisified in. It was a good length--not long, but not short--and one of the few manga that can really make me never put it down til I read the whole thing. The dramatic tension was incredible. Loveable characters + dramatic (NOT ANGSTY! THERE'S A DIFFERENCE!) storyline + good length = awesome series. If I had to I'd mail you my copies 'zoku.
Ashley

Postby Kkun » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:03 pm

Yeah, angst is usually a big part of Yuu Watase's stuff. Seriously, I wanted to send her a letter after I finished Ayashi no Ceres that said something along the lines of
"Dear Yuu Watase

Please stop jamming my still beating heart down my throat after you rip it out of my chest.

Thank you,
Jamie"

So, that's good if it's dramatic but not angst. I don't know how much more ANGST ANGST I can take, but I'm definitely going to look into this.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Alice » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:20 am

Does anyone know why the first volume was rated OT? I read it and still don't know why.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:45 pm

Alice wrote:Does anyone know why the first volume was rated OT? I read it and still don't know why.

Um, any plot+manga=OT

But really, there are a few minorly objectionable items in later volumes. Overall, though, it was very clean.

Mangafanatic

Postby Alice » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:03 pm

I didn't see anything older teen in the first manga. I really didn't.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:57 am

Alice wrote:I didn't see anything older teen in the first manga. I really didn't.

You do see alittle of Tanpop's under wear.

But you're right, most of the stuff that could be "older teen" is in later volumes.

Mangafanatic

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews