Favorite Cowboy Bebop Songs

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby AngelSakura » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:30 pm

No, no, I do like her voice, it's just unusual.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Mave » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:01 pm

She has a pretty low-pitched and unique voice. I think it's awesome too. :thumb:
Mave

Postby VioletEyedCat » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:49 pm

Ahhhhh! If anyone actually reads anyone's post but their own in the 'What are you listening to now?' thread, you can see that I am surpremely obsessed with Yoko Kanno and the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack. My favorites are:

Tank!- I...can't...help it...I...must...DANCE!!!

The Egg and I- The perfect song to hum or whistle when you're bored.

Rain- *Sob* I'm sorry, I can't talk right now. It's just so sad... :sniffle:

Memory- I started really listening to the soundtrack after I saw the whole anime. When I saw The Real Folk Blues (part 1) for the second time, I freaked out when it started playing.

Don't Bother None- makes me feel like a tough jazz chick living off the street.

Want It All Back- I laugh every time I hear this song, and simultaneously pray I don't get a boyfriend like that.

Forever Broke- For some reason, this song reminds me alot of Trigun, which isn't really a bad thing.

Adieu- This woman's voice burns inside my brain. Her words, so beautiful...

Ave Maria- Normally, I don't like opera. Normally

Call Me Call Me- You know.

Words that We Couldn't Say- I've considered this the female version of Call Me Call Me ever since somebody wrote a song fic from that perspective.

Farewell Blues- This song is so cool. I want to learn to play a brass instrument now.

See You Space Cowboy- I need to learn Japanese just to learn how to sing this song.

Stella by Moor- Listen to this after listening to Memory. Gives you goosebumps.

Blue- The children at the beginning of this song totally set the mood for the rest of the lyrics. The French was a perfect touch.

Wow, that's a lot of songs. But hey, the whole show has a huge music theme going on- I mean, look at the titles of the sessions, for Pete's sake! Bohemian Rhapsody, Heavy Metal Queen, and Speak Like a Child are some of my favorites. Woohoo!

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby AngelSakura » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:11 pm

I can sing the TV edit of "The Real Folk Blues" from memory. Fun. Especially at school. Hooray weird looks!
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Zane » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:20 pm

In the episode its Mai singing rain, but on the CD, its Steve Conte.
BTW. I've just seen a new Bebop CD called; COWBOY BEBOP Tank! THE! BEST!
on cdjapan.com. I think its just come out.
Zane

Postby AngelSakura » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:10 pm

Hmm, I saw it too. In my opinion, a "Best Of" CD for Cowboy Bebop would be "Rain (Mai Yamane Vocal)", "Call Me Call Me", "Blue", "Memory", "Words That We Couldn't Say", "The Real Folk Blues" and "Wo Qui Non Coin".
Which reminds me: do you think "Blue" is the best soundtrack to get? It would be perfect if it had "Rain" on it...
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Maledicte » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:17 pm

I've heard that "Blue" and the first OST. are good. Second one's good but not as. But what do I know, I have the limited edition box set, muah hah hah hah.
Maledicte

Postby AngelSakura » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:22 pm

Mmmm...yes, I think I'll get "Blue".
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Zane » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:17 pm

Man....
There is only one place in the entire State (luckly its in my city) that I know of that sells Anime CD's, and there is no way I can get my hands on that Box Set,... Their choice is very limited, but I was able to get 'Music for Freelance'. That pretty cool. I reckon Id get the Movie OST next.. if I can that is.

BTW, Ms Thinks too much... What are all the dialonge sections on the Cds? They just quotes form the sessions? Or the entire episodes? Plus their in Japanese right.
Zane

Postby starwarsboy90 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:37 pm

I love the rain song, it is the ultimate best, followed by Black Piano and Tank!
starwarsboy90

Postby termyt » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:53 am

I just have to tell y'all this...

I was in the parking lot walking to my car yesterday and a car alarm went off. It sounded like someone hit the panic button on their keyless entry remote, so it was honking the horn at a steady, even rhythm.

It was like honk…honk…honk…honk…

And suddenly, my brain starts singing I don't feel a thing…and I stopped remembering… The days are just like moments turned to hours

I didn’t quite make it through the stanza before the honking stopped and I about died laughing.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby AngelSakura » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:18 am

Lol, termyt. My brain is simirarily programmed. Whenever I hear something even remotely resembling part of a song, it's stuck in my head for hours, like it or not. I can't remember when, but I heard the word "stray" the other day, and in my head, Steve Conte started going, "Straaaaaay, straaaaa-aaaaaaa-aaaaay! In the cold breeze, as I walk along, the memories of a genration run within me..."
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Maledicte » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:15 am

Zane wrote:BTW, Ms Thinks too much... What are all the dialonge sections on the Cds? They just quotes form the sessions? Or the entire episodes? Plus their in Japanese right.

They are indeed in Japanese, just little snippets of dialogue from various episodes. Just the memorable ones, like "When angels are cast out of Heaven, they become devils. Isn't that right, Spike?"

they are a little bit annoying though, especially if you like your music nonstop without dialogue breaks and if you aren't too familiar with the Japanese dub. I'm guilty of both.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "See You Space Cowboy"--the RFB-like song played near the climax of the last episode. It seriously rocks.
Maledicte

Postby AngelSakura » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:19 am

That's because, while "See You Space Cowboy" does indeed seriously rock, I don't know the words. I know the words to the first verse of "The Real Folk Blues", so I listen to that more. It is good, though.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby KazuValis » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:22 am

termyt wrote:I just have to tell y'all this...

I was in the parking lot walking to my car yesterday and a car alarm went off. It sounded like someone hit the panic button on their keyless entry remote, so it was honking the horn at a steady, even rhythm.

It was like honk…honk…honk…honk…

And suddenly, my brain starts singing I don't feel a thing…and I stopped remembering… The days are just like moments turned to hours

I didn’t quite make it through the stanza before the honking stopped and I about died laughing.

lol Termyt, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day!!!! Not to mention that I've done that as well with some other sound...

Ok, so my favorite ones are pretty much all the Jazz-ish ones. I LOVE Tank, Cool Cat, and other Jazzy ones. Rain is good, as well Mushroom Hunting and a few more of which I can't remember their names (and I can't look 'em up on my comp 'cuz I'm at school. oh well).
He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known.--Prov. 10:9

Image :rock:
KazuValis

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:27 am

I liked the pretty with a pistol bit fom the movie.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Previous

Return to Jam Session