Space Metal

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Space Metal

Postby Steeltemplar » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:25 pm

Anyone else here like Star One or Ayreon (both projects by Arjen Anthony Lucassen)?

If you are curious, they do sci-fi themed music rock/metal. Star One in particular had songs dedicated to famous sci-fi movies and shows (like Star Wars, Aliens, Stargate, Dune, Star Trek, etc.).
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:59 pm

I have looked into some space metal as well as Tolkein Metal, Battle Metal, and Folk Metal.

It's ok. Intresting though. As of right now, I'm getting intrest in death metal, symphonic metal, and goth metal rather (Extol, Virgin Black, Lengsei, Saviour Machine, Nightwish, etc) than the trash and heavy metal I have been listening to.
Hitokiri

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:31 pm

I've actually heard a bunch of songs by Ayreon...but there was only one that I really liked (Carried by the Wind...or something like that...). The other songs didn't really appeal to me at all...
...And I'm just tired enough...if I close my eyes, I could sleep for days... -Alkaline Trio

He's Bear, he's Bear. He's made of human hair. Poke his NOSE and his head GROWS! He's Bear, He's Bear, HE'S BEAR!!

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Steeltemplar » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:10 pm

Hikage_Ninja wrote:I've actually heard a bunch of songs by Ayreon...but there was only one that I really liked (Carried by the Wind...or something like that...). The other songs didn't really appeal to me at all...

Strangely enough, Star One sounds nothing like Ayreon. Star One is really power metal. Don't know if that is better in your mind, but I thought I should mention.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby TrigunX89 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:49 am

Nope, but I recently found out about a band called the Phenomenauts. I really like what I've heard. They're like sci-fi themed rock... Sorta punk-ish. Hard to describe. They're good though. Worth checking out. They have a few songs for download on their website.

http://www.phenomenauts.com

Hmm... The site isn't loading for me right now... It should work...
TrigunX89

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:02 am

Man or Astro-Man? do a lot of sci-fi songs (they even covered the Mystery Science Theater 3000 themre), though they're more surf than metal
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Return to Jam Session