DNAngel

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:56 am

sonichiro wrote:i baught volume four soooo long ago and have been waiting to get 5 and 6 but the book store i go to doesnt have them yet........its so sad. what happened about terrot cards? um isnt that a little demonic?? can someone explain whats going on with the terrot card thing in dnagel cuz i dont think i want to get it anymore if its got that kinda stuff going on in it. ooooo well.

Tarot cards: Well, Daisuke is leaving the house and his dad drops a bunch of them down the stairwell. [spoiler] One lands on Daisuke. His dad retrieves it and comments that it's some bad-omen card.[/spoiler] And that's it. It's not really that big of a deal.

About your book store not having them, just order them at the front desk. People do it all the time. No biggie.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:20 pm

Is anyone else here getting impatient for volume 7? It comes out in about a month ;P

Also, does anyone know what will happen in this volume? I'm quite curious.
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Hoshika » Mon May 16, 2005 7:28 pm

Happy happy, joy joy! It's out now! :D

I still have yet to read it though... :waah!:
Still I'm obsessing over Sono Te Wo Dokeru... and now W Juliet... Oh man... what am I gonna do? (trys to stretch a dollar in hopes it won't break. Closes eyes and pulls. >.< )

Daisuke is so adorable! I hate the fact they changed the cover art and call Dark's bunny-dog Wiz! Ugh! I like calling him With better. Speaking of With what a moron! He is like what 500 yrs old and can barely talk? Man, talk about lazy! LOL :lol:
Hoshika

Postby aule1701 » Thu May 26, 2005 2:49 pm

does anyblody know how many vol there are i have 1-7 and i love this manga and the show
i really started to pull for certian people around 6 and i want more manga hope it does not end at 8 like i heard
A person is smart people are dumb
"Perception is reality and reality is perception"- me
He who is easly amused is amused more often
He who laughs last was just to dumb to get the joke
aule1701

Postby Debitt » Thu May 26, 2005 3:23 pm

They're on 11 and counting, I believe. Yukiru Sugisaki hasn't finished DNAngel yet.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Ashley » Thu May 26, 2005 4:11 pm

If it's still ongoing, why doesn't Tokyopop have the future titles grayed out like Fruits Basket?
Ashley

Postby Debitt » Thu May 26, 2005 4:35 pm

I'd assume they haven't acquired the liscense to the next few books after that.

Debitt

Postby Kisa » Thu May 26, 2005 4:49 pm

hmm I am sure they aer working on it, as far as I know there are more books coming... I saw release dates on amazon.com ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Hoshika » Thu May 26, 2005 11:13 pm

I want to see what happens with Satoshi! I don't care about Dai and Dark anymore! It's all about Satoshi!!! LOL I just thought his stalking of Daisuke was funny. I mean Daisuke is waaay too easy to scare, no wonder Satoshi got a kick out of it, I would too if had to watch someone like him.
Hoshika

Postby Kisa » Fri May 27, 2005 5:30 am

LOL *rolls up shirt sleeves* *is Dai and Dark fan*
Hehe, just kidding.... I think the next volume is due out in June/July...
Kisa

Postby Debitt » Fri May 27, 2005 11:32 am

I'm not a Satoshi fan. ^_^; I prefer Dark, Daisuke, and Krad. <3

Debitt

Postby Hoshika » Fri May 27, 2005 3:03 pm

KisaTohru wrote:LOL *rolls up shirt sleeves* *is Dai and Dark fan*
Hehe, just kidding.... I think the next volume is due out in June/July...

Hehehe, bring it on then... but I can't get my own hands dirty so I'll have to hire someone else to fight you... (shuves Tohru Honda into the ring).

The only thing I like about Dark is the fact he tourtures Daisuke. I loved the White Day issue. Ahahahaha. And I can't wait for the next volume! It would be great if Dark took over Daisuke's body more often but then it wouldn't be as funny. :D

[quote="Kokoro Daisuke"]I'm not a Satoshi fan. ^_^]

Aaaargh! Doesn't anybody like Satoshi? And Kokoro.. Krad.... I know he's good looking and all but he's eeeeeevil with a capital EEEEEVIL! LOL Still, I guess good looks can forgive anything. ^_^

Poor Satoshi... Krad has more fans than he does. :waah!:
Hoshika

Postby Debitt » Fri May 27, 2005 3:43 pm

xD; I like Krad for the evil. He's the best brand of evil out there. I think I'm more attracted to the evil than the long flowing blonde hair...or...wait...>> You know what? I'll get back to you about that one. *wanders off*

Debitt

Postby Hoshika » Sat May 28, 2005 3:45 am

:lol: The demon Krad has yet led anothe sheep astray.

Still, has anyone noticed that when Krad first showed up he looked more like Satoshi with long hair and then later he looks more like Dark? What's with that? What is she doing? I like the Satoshi looking Krad better. That evil look they get in their eyes while stalking or trying to murder Daisuke is awesome. It just screams "I'll get you! No matter what I'll get you! And there's nothing you can do to stop me."
Hoshika

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon May 30, 2005 10:13 pm

Hoshika wrote:Aaaargh! Doesn't anybody like Satoshi? And Kokoro.. Krad.... I know he's good looking and all but he's eeeeeevil with a capital EEEEEVIL! LOL Still, I guess good looks can forgive anything. ^_^

Poor Satoshi... Krad has more fans than he does. :waah!:

I like Satoshi ;) . He's a very interesting character and his presence always adds something new to the plot. Plus he's adorable.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Hoshika » Tue May 31, 2005 2:35 pm

Satoshi... adorable.. NO WAY! Daisuke is adorable.

(Hm, better fix this or it may look like I'm changing gears.)

Satoshi is awesome for the fact he can scare the ba-jesus out of Daisuke just by looking at him. ^_^ It's so funny. Still, even if he is a good looking kid those girls in his class are crazy. While I am a fan I have to admit Satoshi Hikari is one creepy looking kid.
Hoshika

Postby Lady Arianrod » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:01 pm

Volume 8 was very good. I thought that it was a solid volume with plenty of character development, romance and even

[spoiler]tragedy with the Freedert storyline. I also liked the fight between Dark and Krad.[/spoiler]

I didn't like the scene with Risa and the guard, however. It was surprising for her to seduce an older man. Also, To-to's comments to Dark got a little inappropriate in this volume, but I liked it nonetheless.

Lady Arianrod

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:17 pm

Lady Arianrod wrote:Volume 8 was very good. I thought that it was a solid volume with plenty of character development, romance and even

[spoiler]tragedy with the Freedert storyline. I also liked the fight between Dark and Krad.[/spoiler]

I didn't like the scene with Risa and the guard, however. It was surprising for her to seduce an older man. Also, To-to's comments to Dark got a little inappropriate in this volume, but I liked it nonetheless.

Yeah, the whole Risa guard incident was a little questionable, but all she did was show a little leg. It could have been A LOT worse.

But, gos, Ris! He's way too old for you!

I was a little disappointed with this volume. It didn't further the plot substantially, IMHO. Oh, well, I guess it had to be done anywas.

Oh, one thing in this volume did make me happy though [spoiler=this volume] The Risa x Satoshi moments and hints. I want them to get together so bad!!![/spoiler]
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:28 pm

WOW! I am soo behind!! I just bought Vol SIX today (heh.. I got it for only $7.45 HAHAH! must've been a sale I didn't know about...)

is 6 good? I am letting my older sis read it..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:31 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:WOW! I am soo behind!! I just bought Vol SIX today (heh.. I got it for only $7.45 HAHAH! must've been a sale I didn't know about...)

is 6 good? I am letting my older sis read it..

How old is your sister?

Mangafanatic

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:36 pm

She is 18, she is on this site, under the name CHILD OF AVALON...I got her to join! ^_^

SHe loves (DN)Angel as much as I do..if not more...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:40 pm

Oooh, older sister! I thought you said little sister

*Gets off the "proper manga for younger siblings" soap box.*

Well, if your sister love this manga so much-- WHERE IS SHE!! WE DEMAND TO TALK TO HER!! ;)

Mangafanatic

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:53 pm

HAH! I would NEVER let my lil sis read this schtuff at her age! (she is only 8) I gave her a digi charat manga for her birthday, but DNANGEL?! I am not THAT irresponsible!!

My sis?! I dunno...She posts in the RP sections mainly...^_^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kisa » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:56 pm

has anyone ever thought or know what the d. n. in d.n.angel stands for?
like daisuke niwa or dark something.....
just curious here ^^''
Kisa

Postby mai » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:30 pm

I think D.N.Angel is a combination of D.N.A and angel, sense Daisuke transforms into Dark because of his D.N.A, just a guess. -_-;
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Kisa » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:27 am

thats what i thought too, but his intitials also work well....
Kisa

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:42 am

KisaTohru wrote:thats what i thought too, but his intitials also work well....

I think it is DNA and angel with the A's overlapping. I loved volume 8! I was still a little disoreinted from the previous two volumes. @_@ They were hard to follow. I think volume 8 did a nice job of tying up all the loose ends for the particular story line.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Natholeus » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:11 am

I have a questian... I've only read up to vol.4 (so don't spoil any suprises!) but umm.. how to put this... is anybody gay? or do they turn gay in later books? cause I've heard that Satoshi (I think) is, or is going to be. So far it seems that some people think they are but they are not.
PowerSource Youth
Awesome youth+Awesome youth pastor= Awesome youth group :thumb:

(\ /)
(o.O)?
(> <)oSilvanis:
poof! Hmmm. How will we transport the army of bunnies from Neptune?

Photosoph
Hmm.... perhaps a few of us could get glomped into ultra-bunny transport vehicles?

Thatdude: Craziness is a matter of altered perception.
Natholeus

Postby Debitt » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:00 pm

Natholeus wrote:I have a questian... I've only read up to vol.4 (so don't spoil any suprises!) but umm.. how to put this... is anybody gay? or do they turn gay in later books? cause I've heard that Satoshi (I think) is, or is going to be. So far it seems that some people think they are but they are not.

This is why you NEVER listen to many other DNAngel fans. :lol: This series is fangirl fodder, which is really quite sad. No, no one's turned gay thus far (I've read up to vol. 10), and actually...
[spoiler]Satoshi seems to be growing rather close to Risa[/spoiler]

Debitt

Postby Ashley » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:22 pm

I have to say I just picked up volume 8 the other day...and this series has the absolute worst continuity I've ever read @.@ I always have to go back and re-read the previous volume otherwise I get completely lost! I think it's because I confuse the twins. I found the "Ice and Snow/Dark saga" really interesting though...so sad. ; __ ;
Ashley

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews