Y'all won't guess what's been licensed!!! AHH!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Y'all won't guess what's been licensed!!! AHH!!

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:39 pm

The Lord has heard our prayers. The following appeared on the front page of animeondvd.com
animeondvd.com wrote:New Viz Manga Licenses (10:52 PM EST): Forum reader Sandrylina was browsing through Amazon and found a few new titles attributed to Viz that haven't been announced anywhere to our knowledge yet. This has happened before with the Barnes & Noble computer systems and with Amazon so there is a very likely chance, but of course, until they formally say so it's not completely official: Full Moon wo Sagashite, Cain, Ouran Host Club and Genbu Kaiden.

I am so excited! Even though I've already read it, it's so great that we'll all be able to have Full Moon in out hands. Furthermore, it's only a matter of time until the anime gets licensed after this! Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope nothing falls through!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Debitt » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:51 pm

I saw this and thought "Tanemura?" :lol: Man, I read that one like a book.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:58 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:I saw this and thought "Tanemura?" :lol: Man, I read that one like a book.

*pulls knife*You know me too well. Now you must die. :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:42 pm

YES! I reallyreallyreallyreally hope this is true.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:56 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:YES! I reallyreallyreallyreally hope this is true.

I was just looking at the FULL MOON WO SAGSHITE pre-order form on Amazon, and the list price for it is 7.99, er, something. Here's what I'm thinking they're going to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but VIZ publishes Shounen Jump, ne? Well, they've just accounced they'll be doing a similar manga anothology for shoujo called Shoujo Beat (YAY!). That 7.99 price corresponds with the price of the manga volumes that collect the chapters of the shounen manga published in SHounen Jump (Take Rurounin Kenshin: published in Shounen Jump [if I'm not mistaken], each volume retails for 7.99]. My guess is, based on the listed price on Amazon, that they're going to be putting Full Moon, as well as some of their newest shoujo aquisitions, is this new Shoujo Beat.

. . . Well, there you go. My crazy theory for the week(day, hour). :grin:

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:18 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait! Also Genbu Kaiden should be good too! ^______^
Go Tanemura!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby chibi_chan » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:34 pm

Ouran Host Club

O_O!! I've been readin' this at aku-tenshi and then they stopped puttin' teh chapters out, and now it finally comes out to America! Yes! I hope this is true.
happy go luck monkey!
ImageImage

akai tsuki wo nagameteta kara nakitai hodo boku no fuan wa
itsumo kioku no katasumi ni kasabuta mitai ni nokoru yo
itai kurai kirei datta kedo hikari no naka no boku no kage wo
ano takai kanransha de dareka ga waratta ki ga shita

hitsuji no kigurumi wo kita mama yaseta otoko no ko ga odokete
haku iki wo shiroku sasete inoru youni te wo awaseta
ano ko to sora no aida ni wa toumei na nanika ga aru kara
kitto negai wa todokanai sukoshi samuku naru yuuenchi

nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridashita yo

maboroshi no BERU ga nari keshiki ga kasumi daseba
nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridasu yo

yasashiku gin'iro no ame ga machi no subete ni furisosogu
michi no haji de sagashiteita boku wo yatto mitsuketa
isu no ue ni hana no ue ni ashi ga nai roba no senaka ni
komakai ame ga furisosogu boku no ue ni mo _____.
song: Hontou no Uso by PLastic Tree lyrics:anime lyrics
chibi_chan

Postby Ashley » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:23 pm

AYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIII!

I can't believe it! Oh this is wonderful! Yay! I'm so happy!!!!

*hugs Osaka til she's blue in the face for being the bearer of good news*

Seriously, I haven't felt this good in I don't know how long! Especially after wondering if CMX will EVER release KKJ; at least Viz is fairly repliable. I would have preferred tokyopop, but I will not complain about it. Yay!! *skips off happily*
Ashley

Postby Arnobius » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:30 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:I was just looking at the FULL MOON WO SAGSHITE pre-order form on Amazon, and the list price for it is 7.99, er, something. Here's what I'm thinking they're going to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but VIZ publishes Shounen Jump, ne? Well, they've just accounced they'll be doing a similar manga anothology for shoujo called Shoujo Beat (YAY!). That 7.99 price corresponds with the price of the manga volumes that collect the chapters of the shounen manga published in SHounen Jump (Take Rurounin Kenshin: published in Shounen Jump [if I'm not mistaken], each volume retails for 7.99]. My guess is, based on the listed price on Amazon, that they're going to be putting Full Moon, as well as some of their newest shoujo aquisitions, is this new Shoujo Beat.

Not necessarily, some Viz stuff is cheaper than the $9.99 standard, and $7.99 comes out for some volumes.

Of course, if it DOES come out in the anthologies first, you'll be waiting 6 months or more before the first volume of the series hits the streets after the anthology arrives instead of the every 2 months that most stuff does..
Arnobius

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:36 pm

still, if Shoujo Beat comes to the US, I'll buy it. it's a likely theory, Mangafan.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:12 pm

Maybe I'll be having two subcriptions in the near future. Two magazines every month... *drools*
Shao Feng-Li

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:36 pm

This is so lucky! Because Arina Tanemura, her works have not been translated in french either, I think. And Full Moon wo Sagashite is such a good series (I finished reading)

I might buy it in this version, maybe! (maybe.)
RoyalWing

Postby Kisa » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:03 pm

[quote="Ashley"]AYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIII!

I can't believe it! Oh this is wonderful! Yay! I'm so happy!!!!

*hugs Osaka til she's blue in the face for being the bearer of good news*

Seriously, I haven't felt this good in I don't know how long! Especially after wondering if CMX will EVER release KKJ]

Yea did CMX liscence KKJ? They need to give it to us....
Yea I like Tokyopop too ^_^ Oh well, as long as they don't butcher it....
Kisa

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:37 pm

;;_;; V-Viz?? oh goodness not Viz. And I was so looking forward to this manga.... *sigh* take what I can get T_T

I just really hope Viz doesn't get the anime license... though they probly will.... ADV GO QUICKLY!
Kawaiikneko

Postby Ashley » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:12 pm

For anyone still following this story I just checked with the Viz website; good news:

To further complement the new magazine's launch, VIZ will also simultaneously debut a SHOJO BEAT graphic novel line, which will offer an ongoing library of new shôjo titles from all three publishers at $8.99.

Which means SHOJOBEAT will have only the following titles: CRIMSON HERO and NANA (from Shueisha), KAZE HIKARU and ABSOLUTE BOYFRIEND (from Shogakukan), and GODCHILD and BABY AND ME. Which means that Full Moon will probably follow under the library title and NOT the magazine, which I am profoundly happy about.
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:03 am

[quote="Ashley"]For anyone still following this story I just checked with the Viz website]

Wow, then Amazon.com has the first volume's price wrong, or ViZ is going to retail it for less than most graphic novels. That would be cool.

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:07 pm

That would be more than cool, that would be incredibly awesome! My guess is because Viz is gearing it towards younger audiences the prices dropped because most 13-15 year olds don't have jobs to generate the income for the normal price. Just my theory.
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:41 pm

If you get shojo beat let me know!
Also beware as Absolute boyfreind is a Watase manga and it is very racy from the start.....
Kisa

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:12 am

...*faints* Holy muffin yay.
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby RoyalWing » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:37 pm

KisaTohru wrote:If you get shojo beat let me know!
Also beware as Absolute boyfreind is a Watase manga and it is very racy from the start.....

But "Nana" by Ai Yazawa supposedly is very good. (but I'm not sure, I never read. It's just pretty popular in french...)

When I mentioned this to my classmates they went "VIZ?! NOOOO~~~" is Viz a bad company?
RoyalWing

Postby Ashley » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:58 pm

I think most manga fans prefer Tokyopop; Viz has in the past had a (somewhat unfounded, IMO) reputation for bad translations, but I own some Viz magna and I don't think it was bad at all. I think they'll do fine now, now that they've been in the business for a long time and have to compete with other very successful companies, like Tokyopop or ADV.

I just wish American manga companies gave out furoku. ; ___ ;
Ashley

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:03 pm

I noticed all the girls are posting...:eh: sorry but I have no idea what this manga is, is it for girls?

Please don't hate me...*cringes*
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Ashley » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:56 am

I noticed all the girls are posting... sorry but I have no idea what this manga is, is it for girls?

Not necessarily; it's a shoujo manga, but shoujo is no more "girls only" than shounen is boys. There are several girls I know who are far more entertained by shounen stuff, and vice versa.

Anyway, the manga is from well-known shoujo mangaka, Tanemura Arina; it's her 4th published work. The story follows Mitsuki Koyama, a 12 year old girl who dreams of becoming a singer so she can reach her best friend-turned-crush in America, Eichi. She has several obstacles in her way though, including a grandmother who hates music, throat cancer, and then 2 shinigami who tell her she's going to die in one year! With the help of her shinigami friends, Mitsuki is able to transform into the pop singer Full Moon and chase her dreams in the short time she has left to live, and along the way discovers not only what it means to dream, but lessons on love, death, pain and friendship. It's a great series and easily my favorite.

You can also find the anime review written in our database.
Ashley

Postby CephasWhite » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:02 am

Oh...well then, thanks! :thumb:
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby The Doctor » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:17 am

Uhh....what's this manga about?

Is it Shonen or Shoujo? (I like some Shoujo...thanks to my buddy Sean).

What's the plot line? Story arc? Characters?

These and more on the next Geraldo.
The Doctor

Postby The Doctor » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:19 am

Never mind...just found out.

Sounds pretty sweet. :: checks bank account::

:: frowns::

Hope I don't have to hold off buying it too soon. I am also reading other manga currently, and I have to fund being alive soon. (By that I mean eating, room and board, college, etc.)
The Doctor

Postby MasterDias » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:46 pm

[quote="Ashley"]I think most manga fans prefer Tokyopop]
Viz's Shoujo line is supposed to be very accurate, I believe. So I don't think Tanemura fans have anything to worry about.

Tha manga that tend to get fans upset about translations are the titles that tie into less-than-100%-accurate TV dubs.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:07 am

I wrote a review of it a while back for those wanting to know about it: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=14625&highlight=full+moon
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:31 pm

should i be happy or sad

i can't decide....

weird.....
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:19 pm

I like Viz better. Tokyo Pop is expensive.
Shao Feng-Li

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews