Fruits Basket Volume 7 (SPOILERS! BEWARE!)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fruits Basket Volume 7 (SPOILERS! BEWARE!)

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:33 pm

Okay, I checked, and no thread about volume seven yet...though considering there wasn't TOO much storyline advancement, I'm not that surprised...

Anyway, I finally finished reading it today. Stuff that wasn't in the anime! W00t! It was nice to see some background for Uotani, it was pretty interesting. Also, is it just me, or is Hiro MORE of a jerk in the manga than the anime?

Finally, who was that guy at the end? The one whose face was covered by the book...he was talking with some girl, about how he was interested in Yuki, but he was more interested in Tohru. I'm pretty sure it ain't Kureno, and he doesn't seem to be any of the other zodiac members...so who was it, do you think?

Um...that's all I can think of about that volume... ^^;;

Oh, besides the fact that Rin was mentioned, even if we didn't get to see her. Go Rin!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sai » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:06 pm

Who is Kureno??

I read vol. 7 awhile go so I don't remember exactly what was in it. The only thing I remember popping into my head as I read it was "I wonder what type of bathing suit she got" and "I hope it is modest." I cant see Tohru wearing something super immodest though. During my other reads through it, I wondered who the girl was that was walking with the guy and the book covering his face.
Sai

Postby Cedahlia » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:25 pm

I loved this volume! ^_^ I never really paid any attention to Uo before, but now she is one of my favorite characters. I also love reading about Kyoko. The Sohmas would have loved Kyoko too.
The way that Kyo acted around Tohru near the beginning was sweet...they never mentioned Tohru getting hurt in the anime. I am so glad that I took the time to read the manga...it's better than the anime, in my opinion. ^__^
"Not believing is letting each other down, that's how it is."

~Lacus Clyne
Cedahlia

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:08 am

Cedahlia wrote:I loved this volume! ^_^ I never really paid any attention to Uo before, but now she is one of my favorite characters. I also love reading about Kyoko. The Sohmas would have loved Kyoko too.
The way that Kyo acted around Tohru near the beginning was sweet...they never mentioned Tohru getting hurt in the anime. I am so glad that I took the time to read the manga...it's better than the anime, in my opinion. ^__^

They didn't MENTION her [spoiler]getting hurt in the anime, but we did see him take a pretty hearty swing at her, which one might assume (with those craws) probably hurt pretty bad.[/spoiler]

But about this volume:

I loved the swim suit shopping incident. It was so hysterical! "We're buying Tohru a present, so pony up the cash boys!" :lol: Just so everone knows, I think Tohru gets a two piece. Unfortuneate, but not surprising.

I think Uotani's character is so interesting, especially after the added history we were provided with in this volume. I wonder what will become of these yankee girls who are following her around.

I can't wait to see what the deal with this guy who's interested in Tohru is. Is it possible that Kyo and Yuki might have a little competition for the princess' heart? I wonder. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Nate » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:25 am

Frubafan89 wrote:Who is Kureno??

Without ruining too much for you who are avoiding spoilers, I will state that Kureno Sohma is the rooster, and leave it at that...if you wish to hear the spoilers, though, PM me.

Cedahlia wrote:I am so glad that I took the time to read the manga...it's better than the anime, in my opinion. ^__^

I wholeheartedly agree. You get a hundred cool points. :cool:

Nate

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:36 pm

Cedahlia wrote:I am so glad that I took the time to read the manga...it's better than the anime, in my opinion. ^__^

I love the manga series, but I haven't seen any of the anime. It'd be nice to just see what the anime is like. I wish that Adult Swim would show it, but since that's never gonna happen I'd have to buy it to see it.

I wonder who likes Tohru?!~~
" 'Tis strange-but true; for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction." ~Lord Byron

"When you see a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Kisa » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:39 pm

Ah I didn't know it was out already! *goes off to find it*
Must read! I am glad they are starting to go further into the story past the anime now ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Ashley » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:37 pm

More and more, I'm appriciating the manga over the anime in this series. The anime was cute, but it was just lacking the depth the manga has. No wonder it's a best seller!

I liked Uo-chan's past story too; it was quite interesting. And actually, I thought one of the girls in the gang was Arisa...anyone else think that?
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:58 pm

[quote="Ashley"]
I liked Uo-chan's past story too]

She definitely LOOKED alot like Aria. That much was obvious.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:21 pm

I've been waiting for some one to make this thread, any how i loved this one, Uo is too cool! So is Kyoko! Any how, the Guy at the end is Kakeru Manabe and the chick is Machi Kurag, they are Student Council members, they will be inturdused later, I was so happy when they menched Isuzu * aka Rin*!!! X3 *glomps Isuzu* Any how i need to say somthing in the Spoiler box, but it's a realy big secret that wont come out till volume 15 i think, so i don't know if i should, but I know just about everything thats happnes in FuruBa up to chapter 107 that just came out a couple of days ago in Japan's magizen "Hana to Yume" i also think that the Yuki fan club are all insain stalkers.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Nate » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:55 pm

SorasOathkeeper wrote:I was so happy when they menched Isuzu * aka Rin*!!! X3 *glomps Isuzu*

A fellow Rin fan! YAAAAY! *glomps SorasOathkeeper*

I just can't wait until everyone finds out about the stuff in the later volumes...heh heh...we are privileged people, Sora. ^^

Nate

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:59 pm

Yep yep!!! *glomps kaemmerite*
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:03 pm

if tokyopop wasn't the one doing it, i may have tried to find scanlations so i could read it faster... but the translation tokyopop does is just so good I can bare the wait. I already have vol 8 reserved ^^
Kawaiikneko

Postby Seaniel » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:21 pm

I've heard rumors that Uotani and the rooster actually hit it off pretty well. He seems very interesting. Kind of like me actually, which is odd since I'm a dog. >_>
By the way, we're IN the year of the rooster right now.
"This is not dystrophy, but desire.
Desire for comfort in the dark."
~Jason Gleason
Seaniel

Postby Nate » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:30 pm

Seaniel wrote:I've heard rumors that Uotani and the rooster actually hit it off pretty well. He seems very interesting. Kind of like me actually, which is odd since I'm a dog. >_>
By the way, we're IN the year of the rooster right now.

Those rumors I can neither confirm nor deny, to prevent spoilers from abounding past this volume.

The rooster is very interesting? You don't know the half of it...I do, because I actively searched out spoilers for this series, since the anime disappointed me. Kureno is a VERY interesting man...he has many secrets...mwa ha ha...

Nate

Postby Seaniel » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:25 pm

I look forward to unwinding them.
"This is not dystrophy, but desire.
Desire for comfort in the dark."
~Jason Gleason
Seaniel

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:31 pm

Yeah, i like to spoil myself, then i get mad afterwards, but OH WELL!!! Like i said, i allready know up to the last chapter that just came out in Japan, and i can't wait to see what happans next!^ ^
SorasOathkeeper

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews