Trigun Maximum Vol. 4: Bottom of the Dark

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Trigun Maximum Vol. 4: Bottom of the Dark

Postby AngelSakura » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:48 pm

Yesh, it's that time again! Time for the release of the next Trigun Maximum in English! To be more specific, it'll be that time again on the 23, but what a couple of days?
Preview pages from Dark Horse's site (www.darkhorse.com).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby CDLviking » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:55 pm

I can't wait. Well, I suppose I can wait, and it probably won't be that difficult, but I am happy to finally see the new issue. Don't I just ooze enthusiasm.
CDLviking

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:20 am

I got it into my head that it was coming out on the second and annoyed my Suncoast people like every other day until I decided to check the date again. ^^;;
I've seen a lot of doujinshi with the Trigun-tachi in their ship clothes (Vash in a vest, Nicholas actually wearing somthing that covers his chest [no offense, darling]) so I figured either people just liked the setting or some important stuff happens.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:16 pm

YEEEEEEEE!! I can't wait!! I heard it was comming out soon a few days ago. Except I thought it was the 24th. Yay, one less day to wait!! I just hope the future volumes come out faster. LIKE PER MONTH!!! That would be awesome!!
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:54 pm

The next one after this comes out May 4th, by the latest check, but that might change. Yeee, I love the manga sooo much!
Randomly, is Jessica not THE most annoying little girl on Gunsmoke? And that last page reminds me of Azumanga Daioh for some reason...
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:13 pm

AngelSakura wrote:Randomly, is Jessica not THE most annoying little girl on Gunsmoke?
Ugh, I know. She should have paid more attention to Brad and left Vash alone. I bet she regrets ignoring him, now. But I guess she was lucky she didn't get her heart broken when Brad [spoiler]died.[/spoiler] In the anime, I mean.
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:28 pm

Angel: Anime, manga, either way. Oh, and she ran into the hospital and flung herself on a slightly injured Vash. However, the man in the next bed over, the one with broken ribs, got nothing but food spilled in his lap when he woke up. Poor baby. *hugs Wolfwood* I-thought-someone-killed-you...
Wolfwood: Uh...there, there. *shrugs*
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:00 pm

*lol* Would you really have been happy to see Jessica fling herself onto your husband?
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:06 pm

Angel: No. No, I would not. That's my job. *Haruko-style neko grin*
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Uriah » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:18 pm

Woot!
Uriah

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:19 am

So, I was over at "Make A Little Lightbulb In Your Soul" reading translations for this volume (because I'm an idiot) and I found out that...
[spoiler=Trigun Maximum Volume 4]...the ship's been sending messages to Earth through the plants for hundreds of years and they got a response!![/spoiler]
Which prompted a really cool quote...
Nicholas D. Wolfwood wrote:This dirt-poor planet...The population is steadily dwindling. Or rather, we've reached the limit of life it can support, and can't grow any more. I'm trying to protect the kids, but... if the local Plant were to up and 'die' tomorrow, they'd all of 'em be withered by the sun. I don't ask for rescue... Just... God, grant us the hope to reach tomorrow...
...amen.

Angel: *sniff* That was...beautiful, Nicholas...
Wolfwood: How are you quoting my thoughts?! *starts to worry about his privacy*
Angel: I know everything about you, honey...
Wolfwood: *Deja vu...*
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:09 pm

About that spoiler, AngelSakura... I KNOW!! IT'S SOO COOL!!! XD Especially when, later in the manga,

[spoiler]the ships actually come to rescue the people of Gunsmoke.[/spoiler] There's a lot of Knives in that part. And he isn't exactly helping them. ...MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :evil:

Omigosh! It comes out tomorrow! WAAIII!
Lunis

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:13 pm

*sighs heavily* Man, i wanna buy that manga....
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Lunis » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:00 pm

Hmmm, I heard it came out today, but the people I know went out to get it said that the store said it would be out the 28th. I'LL BE GONE SKIING THEN!! :waah!:
Lunis

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:54 pm

*screams* OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS OUT UNTIL TODAY!! *must must must go get it* With this and Hellsing and next month Furuba, I'll be a happy little fangirl ^^
Kawaiikneko

Postby Lunis » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:28 am

KYAAAAAAA!!!! I got it today and read it all!! (NOTE that there are probably some spoilers in my ecxited rambling. You have been warned.) This has to be my favorite one so far! There were so many things I loved about it. There was Zazie and Knives and Midvalley and Legato and Knives and Wolfwood and Knives and Vash...and did I mention Knives? Oh I must be the happiest fangirl on earth!! I didn't realize until now how much Zazie rocks!! He speaks so - I dunno - he speaks like a collective of intelligent alien buglike creatures! And it's so cool! And I loved the scene where Knives recruits Midvalley. And the scene where Knives is explaining to Legato that Chapel is Vash's "babysitter", and Legato is like, "You mean...? This is the first time I've known about it." And Knives says, "Is that right? ...And?" Legato is like, "... ... Nothing." Bwahaha! Knives has so much more character than in the anime! That's because he gets a lot more "screen time". It's all so awesome!! I loved it aallllll!! *dances around like an uber happy fangirl*
Lunis

Postby Ssjjvash » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:38 am

:( At least I can hear about it...
LOL
Knives rocks! Congrats, Lunis!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:26 pm

<<KYAAAAAAA!!!! I got it today and read it all!! (NOTE that there are probably some spoilers in my ecxited rambling. You have been warned.) This has to be my favorite one so far! There were so many things I loved about it. There was Zazie and Knives and Midvalley and Legato and Knives and Wolfwood and Knives and Vash...and did I mention Knives? Oh I must be the happiest fangirl on earth!! I didn't realize until now how much Zazie rocks!! He speaks so - I dunno - he speaks like a collective of intelligent alien buglike creatures! And it's so cool! And I loved the scene where Knives recruits Midvalley. And the scene where Knives is explaining to Legato that Chapel is Vash's "babysitter", and Legato is like, "You mean...? This is the first time I've known about it." And Knives says, "Is that right? ...And?" Legato is like, "... ... Nothing." Bwahaha! Knives has so much more character than in the anime! That's because he gets a lot more "screen time". It's all so awesome!! I loved it aallllll!! *dances around like an uber happy fangirl*>>
Wah~ I want mine NOW!! My Waldenbooks didn't have it so my mom ordered it from Amazon and then the next day Waldenbooks had it but my mom said I had to wait until Amazon sent their copy because we already bought it and Amazon hasn't sent it yet but it might be here today (at my grandma's house right now) and it was supposed to be her yesterday and I want it NOW!!
Can you tell?
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews