What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Jasdero » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:50 am

Angelic Layer ep.1

<.< >.> I don't even know what it's about.. XD;;;;;
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:56 pm

[quote="Sunako"]Angelic Layer ep.1

<.< >.> I don't even know what it's about.. XD]
Try Anime News Network.

I just saw the first two eps of Fullmetal Alchemist today subbed, and may I just say that I am loving it and cannot wait to see more! I really got into it. The characters and animation are excellent and very appealing, and I loved the theme going, that man is not meant to be God and break His boundaries. Also interesting is that when the evil "Reverend" refers to his "sun god" he says "kami" (god in Japanese) but when the real God is mentioned, it is said as "Kami-sama", addressing Him appropriately. ;)
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby agasfas » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:16 pm

Finished watching the last two volumes (vol. 3-4) of "The Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV."
Finally the series is over and it's been very entertaining. Both the story and humor are executed very well. I rented this from a random hunch and my brother suggestion... and I'm glad I did. It's been a good treat :P

One of the best series I've seen.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:29 pm

This week I've been watching Banner of the Stars on Anime Unleashed.
Also both Cartoon Network's Toonami and Toon Disney's Jetix have
introduced new anime series this past week.
Jetix has been airing Shinzo week nights at 10:00 p.m. with reairings
Saturday and Sunday mornings at 7:30 a.m.(Pacific)So I have seen
some of a couple of episodes today and yesterday.Really like the artwork.
Toonami permiered DICE(DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises).
Shinzo is about a girl who is the last surviving human after an alien race
has taken over the world.She was put into suspended animation because
she was sick(ok,missed all the explanatory part because I only saw about
five minutes of the pilot,all of what I am repeating is from memory from
what I read about it at Anime News Network)She is on a request to find
this haven called Shinzo and a group of rebel aliens accompany her in
her quest.
DICE is about this group of teens who act as troubleshooters whenever
anyone needs help.
mitsuki lover

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:02 pm

RahXephon episode 6
Hitokiri

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:51 pm

Gad Guard ep.13-16
Prince of Tennis ep.142
Mahou Sensei Negima ep.3
Gundam SEED Destiny ep.15
Elric_kun

Postby kaji » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:39 am

agasfas wrote: Finished watching the last two volumes (vol. 3-4) of "The Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV."
Finally the series is over and it's been very entertaining. Both the story and humor are executed very well. I rented this from a random hunch and my brother suggestion... and I'm glad I did. It's been a good treat

One of the best series I've seen.

Yeah agasfas!

We seam to have simmilar taste in anime. I loved The Irresponsible Captain Tylor!
I wish, very much, that I had copied the series while I had the chance. :(

I have never seen the second series, but the first one was just great (well, if you can over look some low sound quality at times…).

Did you ever figure out if he (Tylor) was really a Genius or just completely Lucky?

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby The Doctor » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:06 am

Whoah...well right now I am very intrigued by the anime "Banner of the Stars." It's on Anime Unleashed and I'm intrigued by how the show has used our world's history and incorporated it into the positions of power in the Abh Fleet Command (meaning how nobles, dukes, and princes are the ones leading and calling the shots).

The drawing is VERY sweet and, while it was released in Japan in 2001, the animation has an old-school feel to it, which for me is great since I love old-school anime. The new stuff is fine, but honestly I love reconnecting with the roots of anime, which is what I loved about it in the first place.

As for Tylor, I loved that show too, but have only seen THREE episodes of it!!!! :-( (This is what happends when you're a poor college student). However, my friends have watched the series, and I've done some questioning on a message board and from what I've been able to discover is that they never really answer the question of whether or not Tylor was either incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid with uber-luckiness skill.
The Doctor

Postby agasfas » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:26 pm

Did you ever figure out if he (Tylor) was really a Genius or just completely Lucky?

I would say a little of both. He can do some really stupid things at times, though sometimes there is a deeper meaning in what he does and says.

Anyways, I started the OVA's.
As of so far, I've just finished watching The Irresponsible Captain Taylor OVA 1, "Exceptional Episode." Believe it or not, the story is starting to get a bit more deeper.
[spoiler]The Raalgon Empire have created a new weapon that will neutralize or go straight through a ships shield and attack it from the inside. Taylor is asked to purposely get captured and try to negociate peace between the two empires: United Planets Space Force and the Raalgon. During the crews capture and interrogation we learn some new things about everyone; Taylor's true wish in life, First Lt. Yamamoto starts to get a crush on the commandor Yuriko ( i think that's her name), Azalyn deeping love for Taylor etc... Also, you get more of an inside of how/what Dom really thinks. [/spoiler]
I'm can't summerize very well... But there are some more interesting developements- with more to come.

Overall, the OVA has really put me in my seat... It picks right off where the TV series stops. Plus, we start to get a better insight on how Taylor really thinks- whether he's a genius or just totally lucky. I can't wait to see what OVA Vol.2 has in store for me. Can't wait, it just keeps getting better :P

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Elric_kun » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:10 am

My HiME ep.15
Elric_kun

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:07 pm

Evangelion episode 5
Hitokiri

Postby Technomancer » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:22 pm

Aside from the stuff at the club, I'm trying to track down more 'Read or Die' and 'Mezzo: Danger Service Agency'. I'm also hoping the store can get more 'Seven Kingdoms' sometime soon.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Elric_kun » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:14 am

Bleach ep.16
Elric_kun

Postby Debitt » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:59 pm

Tactics ep. 15. WEIRDEST episode ever. The writers must have been on every form of hallucenogenic drug out there.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby agasfas » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:31 pm

Yesterday I finished "Kaledio Star vol. 2." This series is turning out to be a decent surpirse. It continues to be very entertaining. Can't wait to see vol. 3 :P

agasfas

Postby olorc » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:38 am

Trigun~always
Witch hunter robin on ep. 18 but haven't seen any for a while.
Earth Maiden Arjuna...the poorest attempt by environmentalists to diguise a protest/awareness film as an anime. I've seen the first half of the series, don't know if i want to finish it.
Naruto
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby dragonshimmer » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:32 am

Currently I'm in the middle of watching a couple of series:

Full Metal Alchemist
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Kanon
Wish
Weiss Kreuz
Ayashi no Ceres-I think this anime will become my new "Favorite Anime Title" if it keeps going the way it does.
dragonshimmer

Postby sunet » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:33 am

Fruits Basket episode 20
sunet

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:42 pm

I started Inu Yasha last night, and am still watching Fullmetal Alchemist and Chobits. I also saw the first 2 discs of Peacemaker recently and probably will see the rest when they are released. I also saw disc 1 of Azumanga Daioh last night and so far I'm not impressed, but I'll probably rent more to see if it gets better.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Joshua Christopher » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:59 pm

I'm watching and crying at Voices Of A Distant Star.

*sniff*

So great....

*sniff* :waah!:
Joshua Christopher

Postby agasfas » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:58 pm

Just finished watching "Irresponsible Captain Tylor Vol.2 OVA." The story is picking up quite nicely. Can't wait to see what the last disc (OVA vol.3) has to offer. looking forward to it :P

agasfas

Postby agasfas » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:57 pm

Finally, I conclude the series by watching the last OVA of "Irresponsible Captain Tylor." These are one of the few series I hate to see end. The TV series had a solid plot with funny characters. The OVA itself takes off where the TV series leaves off. OVerall the OVA's have more depth in the involvement of getting to know the characters and learn more about both sides (UPSF and the Raalgon). THe ending was nicely done; it kept me wanting more.

[spoiler]Prime Minister Wang was actually part of a force trying to destroy/split the Raalgon empire in half. THe empire finds out that there was an attack on their main planet and Wang blames it on the UPSF. Then Wang convinces the Emprise Azalyn to go for an all out attack on the UPSF leaving the main ship Nova unarmed. Actually from here Wang takes control of the Flag ship Nova. THough before Dom leaves the Nova to prepair for the attack, he asked someone to guard Azalyn because he suspected something wasn't right. This is important because it ends up that Azalyn gets captured and imprisoned. SO this guy ( who is un-named) resues her and they leave the main ship Nova without being caught.

It comes perfectly clear that Wang's group ordered the attack on the Raalgon planet. Both sides finally realize that they both have a common enemy (Wang's group). Then the series ends where both the UPSF and 1/2 the fleets of the Raalgon (the good side) attack the malicious currupt side of the Raalgon empire - an all out attack on the Nova. Yep, it's awesome to see both Dom and Yamamoto team up to fight together on the same side. Oh yeah, Tylor gives the role of captin... That's were the series ends. Kind of a cliff hanger but not really... Well because we find the answers we are trying to figure out the whole time, but now we wonder what will be the ending results of the war since both sides team up. Though I believe it's evident; the UPSF and the 1/2 of the good Raalgons win.[/spoiler]

I could go on and on, but I wont. All I know is this series really had me craving more when it was all said and done. We find out so much and you want to know more... Though I wouldn't necessarily call it a cliff hanger, it's kind of hard to explain. This has to be one of the best series I've ever seen, period. It looks like I may be purchasing this title in the near future; when I get the money. :P

agasfas

Postby TroutNinja » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:22 pm

One Piece.. (japanese fansubs..)
Umm, Samurai Shamploo, Konjiki no Gash Bell.. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Season 2
TroutNinja

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:33 am

Currently watching the three volumes of Someday's Dreamers.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Gypsy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:17 am

Rev. Doc wrote:Currently watching the three volumes of Someday's Dreamers.

Hmm ... we have a lot of review requests for that one. I'd be interested in hearing your take on the series.

I don't have a TV right now, but I when Spades isn't around I nab the living room TV and watch a couple episodes of Rose of Versailles. I love classic animation. ^^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:24 am

Gypsy wrote:Hmm ... we have a lot of review requests for that one. I'd be interested in hearing your take on the series.

I have one more volume to go. When I finish it I'll write up a review for you to consider placing on the site.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby olorc » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:25 pm

Naruto (just on ep.1 as of now)
finished Trigun
still on Witch Hunter Robin
Finished 12 Kingdoms
Love Gundam Wing
.Hack//Sign was kinda boring - but interesting - not much action and a lot of talking.
~over and out
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Elric_kun » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:25 pm

Jinki:Extend ep.1
Elric_kun

Postby agasfas » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:14 pm

Rev. Doc wrote:I have one more volume to go. When I finish it I'll write up a review for you to consider placing on the site.

Sweet, I was thinking of writing one for Someday's Dreamers but I'm not too good in writing reviews. Plus I always get the names mixed up... So I guess I'll leave it up to ya Rev :P
OVerall I really enjoyed the series, the last episode was also a great way to end the series- very touching.

agasfas

Postby chibi_chan » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:32 pm

Peach girl ep. 02
happy go luck monkey!
ImageImage

akai tsuki wo nagameteta kara nakitai hodo boku no fuan wa
itsumo kioku no katasumi ni kasabuta mitai ni nokoru yo
itai kurai kirei datta kedo hikari no naka no boku no kage wo
ano takai kanransha de dareka ga waratta ki ga shita

hitsuji no kigurumi wo kita mama yaseta otoko no ko ga odokete
haku iki wo shiroku sasete inoru youni te wo awaseta
ano ko to sora no aida ni wa toumei na nanika ga aru kara
kitto negai wa todokanai sukoshi samuku naru yuuenchi

nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridashita yo

maboroshi no BERU ga nari keshiki ga kasumi daseba
nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridasu yo

yasashiku gin'iro no ame ga machi no subete ni furisosogu
michi no haji de sagashiteita boku wo yatto mitsuketa
isu no ue ni hana no ue ni ashi ga nai roba no senaka ni
komakai ame ga furisosogu boku no ue ni mo _____.
song: Hontou no Uso by PLastic Tree lyrics:anime lyrics
chibi_chan

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews