Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby MasterDias » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:07 pm

Kireihana wrote:There's a Whistle anime? :jump:

Yes, there is an unlicensed Whistle anime.

It only lasted 39 episodes according to ANN's anime database. I am not sure how accurate it is to the manga.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:47 pm

Just posting to unsubscribe myself. *kicks mailer*
Ashley

Postby shooraijin » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:03 pm

Rogie, I think it would either be you or me on Master Keaton, and since I'm nowhere near the end, I think you get that one. :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby agasfas » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:01 am

I was wondering, if anyone was planning or working on a review for "Someday's Dreamers." If not, I would be willing to write one.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:23 am

Would it be possible to lower the sexual content to 1 for Last Exile review and lower language to 2 and raise violence to 4 as after seeing the series I believe this would be a more true review of the content in the series.

Thankyou!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:06 pm

In deference to the original reviewer, such requests to alter the substance of a review already approved probably should come from them. If piloswine is willing and PMs us in agreement, we can change it.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby KBMaster » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:10 pm

Can someone please do a review of the second Inuyasha movie? I think it's called "into the looking glass" or something like that.
Also, the Inuyasha review badly need to be updated because [SPOILER]there's two gay guys and they're both pretty perverted. :shady: [/SPOILER]
KBMaster

Postby JesusFreak84 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:48 pm

KBMaster wrote:Can someone please do a review of the second Inuyasha movie? I think it's called "into the looking glass" or something like that.
Also, the Inuyasha review badly need to be updated because [SPOILER]there's two gay guys and they're both pretty perverted. :shady: [/SPOILER]

What episode was THAT!?!??! I think the reviews should only reflect so far as the series has been aired in the states, partially for spoilers' sake.
Papist Pest :angel:

http://jesusfreak84.livejournal.com
http://www.adorem.us/forum
http://www.omegarock.com
Warning: I'm prone to the following--
:rant::comp::bang::poke::forehead:
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?" (Plagiarized from Mithradir.)
JesusFreak84

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:12 am

MasterDias wrote:Yes, there is an unlicensed Whistle anime.

It only lasted 39 episodes according to ANN's anime database. I am not sure how accurate it is to the manga.

I haven't read any of the Whistle manga yet so I can't relate it to the anime, but actually the anime series is one of my all time favorites! I'll try to read some of the manga before I post the review though so I can compare them. ;)

Oh yes I'll get that Spiral review done soon (hopefully today!) since i know there are a few people waiting impatiently for it. ;)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby CDLviking » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:14 pm

Didn't there used to be a Robotech review? I could do a review of SDF Macross if the old review is gone.
CDLviking

Postby MyrrhLynn » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:34 am

KBMaster wrote:Can someone please do a review of the second Inuyasha movie? I think it's called "into the looking glass" or something like that.

The 3 Inuyasha movies (and now their is a 4th one actually) are all pretty much the same as the series. Actually they are like long episodes pretty much. :shady: I've only seen the 3rd movie, because I didn't even want to bother with the first two. They don't advance the plot at all it's just them fighting more against a new "special for this movie only bad guy." :lol:

Oh and ryokoboy, the bleach series isn't done yet so it's sort of impossible to do a decent review of it.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:39 am

CDLviking wrote:Didn't there used to be a Robotech review? I could do a review of SDF Macross if the old review is gone.

Uh ... yeah there was a review, but it shouldn't be gone. I'll look into that.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:29 pm

If there is a review for Robotech, it should include the changes made for Remastered (some of which are significant).

shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:40 am

Later on this afternoon I'll be going through this thread and making a list of all the review requests for easy access. I'll also be specifying which anime I'll be able to review personally, and allow other people to volunteer to review the requested shows/movies. Oh, and fair warning: I'm on the verge of posting an explosive rant/essay about how to write anime reviews for CAA. Yes - it's going to make me sound like a royal bag, but 90% of the time the rules of review submission, spelling, and basic grammar are all being ridiculously broken and it takes me forever to sort it all out. So, you've all been warned. ;)
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:14 pm

agasfas wrote:I was wondering, if anyone was planning or working on a review for "Someday's Dreamers." If not, I would be willing to write one.

Ooooh, would you? I've been dying to see that one, but I haven't ever been able to get a really accurate content review (from a Christian perspective, rather.)

Gypsy wrote: I'm on the verge of posting an explosive rant/essay about how to write anime reviews for CAA.

Actually, I wouldn't mind reading such an essay, Gypsy. I've tried to be very careful with my reviews that they were grammatically correct and properly spelled (to the best of my knowledge and ability), but I if there's anything I wouldn't think of, I'd like to know so I can do better next time.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:18 pm

Evil double post. . . *goes to plot revenge*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:02 pm

Oooo and essay would be good ^^ I'd like to see how people are supposed to write them... maybe I can try one day ^^'
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:31 am

Wow, ok. If you guys want an essay, an essay is what you shall get. ^^
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:21 am

I've made a list of all the anime that has been requested for review. Now I just have to organize it. I'm also making a sub list of all the anime I intend to review in the near future, and I'll happily accept lists from anyone else who likes to contribute reviews.

Gypsy wrote:... I intend to review in the near future.

Yes, go ahead and laugh. It's no secret how my time table works. ;)
Gypsy

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:08 am

Gypsy wrote:I've made a list of all the anime that has been requested for review. Now I just have to organize it. I'm also making a sub list of all the anime I intend to review in the near future, and I'll happily accept lists from anyone else who likes to contribute reviews.

If you could place that list on here or PM it to me it would be very helpful as a reminder of the requests that are out there as opposed to which titles I have seen.

Thanks Gypsy for your hard work.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Gypsy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:52 am

Oh, I'm planning on posting it here once I get it finalized. ^^
Gypsy

Postby indyrocker » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:06 pm

Could some one pleez review Chobits pleeez? I would write a review for it myself but alas I have only seen about half of the series and I know that there were still big plot twists to come.
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby Ren_sama » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:07 pm

I checked, and unless I overlooked it, I don't think there is a review on the anime series, Eight. My friend wanted to know what it was about...anyone know?
Ren_sama

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:58 pm

I wonder if any is doing or has done reviews for Ah My Goddess! the series and movie. If there are no objections, I think I can tackle those 2.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby CDLviking » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:39 pm

They have already been done.
CDLviking

Postby Gypsy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:02 am

Just to let everyone know, the pending area is now completely empty. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you on your reviews, but there are a couple reasons why it was such a lengthy process. But I'll tell you all about that later, probably in another thread, most likely called "How to Write a Review for the CAA Review Database" or maybe "How to Make Gypsy Cry When She Opens Review Submissions that are Rushed."

Also, I'll have the updated request list up some time today.
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:24 am

Gypsy wrote:Just to let everyone know, the pending area is now completely empty. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you on your reviews, but there are a couple reasons why it was such a lengthy process. But I'll tell you all about that later, probably in another thread, most likely called "How to Write a Review for the CAA Review Database" or maybe "How to Make Gypsy Cry When She Opens Review Submissions that are Rushed."

Also, I'll have the updated request list up some time today.

I vote for the latter title. I think it'll induce more audience sympathy. :grin:

Thanks for put them all up! You been doing alot in the past week, and your work has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.

Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:28 am

Ren_sama wrote:I checked, and unless I overlooked it, I don't think there is a review on the anime series, Eight. My friend wanted to know what it was about...anyone know?

Hmm, I've never heard of it, sorry. And I can't find anything online about it, either. Could your friend be thinking of 8 Man After, possibly? The only other thing I could find right away was an anime called Eight Clouds Rising and even then I couldn't find out much about it - it could be completely horrible for all I know. :sweat:

Mangafanatic wrote:Thanks for put them all up! You been doing alot in the past week, and your work has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.

Thank you, it's very nice for you to say so but it's each reviewer who does most of the work and I appreciate them. Besides, it's my job. ;)
Gypsy

Postby Saint Kevin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:40 pm

CDLviking wrote:They have already been done.

Thanks for saving me a lot of typing.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Gypsy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:22 pm

Ok, a list can be found at the beginning of this thread. I'll do my best to update it on a daily basis.
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews