What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Sync » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:16 am

Gundam SEED Destiny ep 14 (again)

"no words... should have sent.. a poet!"

waaaay too many spoilers in the new opening though, no matter how many "red herrings" Fukuda says he puts in em (because he's LYING, THERE ARE NONE). It may be an anime but you shouldnt throw in ridiculous plot (black) holes
Sync

Postby Rev. Doc » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:12 am

I'm watching Rumiko Takahashi Anthology Volume 1: Primal Needs. Excellent short works of Takahashi.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:24 pm

Rumiko Takahashi Anthology? Is that the american version of "Rumiko Theater"? DOes that have the penguin story, and the guy who loses his memory, and "In the pottery"? I didn't realize taht was out in the US... I have to get that...

EDIT: Yeah, I remember that other one too... I need to get this... Besides having great stories, I love the theme! I want to find the music video for that song, but I doubt I'll find it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Rev. Doc » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:31 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Rumiko Takahashi Anthology? Is that the american version of "Rumiko Theater"? DOes that have the penguin story, and the guy who loses his memory, and "In the potter"? I didn't realize taht was out in the US... I have to get that...

Yes, that's it. Volume 1 episodes are:
1. The Tragedy Of P: The story about the penguin.
2. Merchant Of Romance: About a young lady who has a wedding chapel and must close it. This would have made a good series.
3. Middle-Aged Teen: The businessman who has amnesia and thinks he's a 13 year old boy.

Geneon is putting it out and volume 1 came out this past Tuesday.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:18 pm

I just finished all of Fruits Basket as well Noir episodes 5-11.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:30 pm

Gahh!!! ::gouges eyes out:: I'm watching Dragon Ball GT!!! Wha...yeah! It's over!
Hitokiri

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:36 pm

Hitokiri wrote:Gahh!!! ::gouges eyes out:: I'm watching Dragon Ball GT!!! Wha...yeah! It's over!

:wow!: Whatever made you go and do a thing like that!? :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:53 pm

My HiME ep.14
Elric_kun

Postby Debitt » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:35 pm

Tactics 12 and 13. >O<; omg, Raikou appeared, but there's no Edwards yet!

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:31 pm

Mangafanatic wrote::wow!: Whatever made you go and do a thing like that!? :lol:

I used to like Dragon Ball Z a long time ago and I downloaded a whole bunch of GT video clips back in the day. So as soon as I saw them on the t.v. I became intrested :lol:
Hitokiri

Postby righteous_slave » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:05 pm

I'm keeping up with .hack, Big O, a little Witch Hunter Robin, and a little Wolf's Rain. If I am working a lot (as a substitute teacher), I don't have time to watch much, so I just record the first two. If it is a light week, I try and record the other two.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby SonicRose » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:05 pm

Well, about time I had my say lol. I multitask video games so why not anime? ;)

Rurouni Kenshin

Inu Yasha

Tenchi Universe

Trigun

Wolf's Rain

Full Metal Alchemist.
Your arms are too short to box with God.
SonicRose

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:12 pm

I am going to watch Love Hina: Christmas Special once I drag myself from CAA...
Hitokiri

Postby Jeikobu » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:46 pm

I'm currently seeing:
-Chobits
-Pocket Monsters Advance Generation

There are several anime that I've seen some of that I need to see the rest of at some point, but those two are the ones I'm actually watching right now.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:15 am

watching:

Gundam Seed ep 3.
Last Exile ep.3
Big O II ep.3
Cowboy Bebop ep.1
Ichigo_89

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:48 pm

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex episodes 9-12
Hitokiri

Postby agasfas » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:12 pm

Just finished watching "Someday's Dreamser Vol. 3."

Finally I have seen the entire series. It has really surprised me. It was one of those stories that really make you think about life. It was really touching, especially the 3rd volume. It really ended quite nicely. Overall, I would defently recommend this series to anyone. It had a unique story and the animation was superb. *sniff* Hate for it to end...

:thumb:
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Elric_kun » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:34 pm

Gundam SEED Destiny ep.14
Xenosaga ep.2
Mahou Sensei Negima ep.2
Elric_kun

Postby agasfas » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:24 pm

Finished watching "The Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV Vol. 2" (eps 8-14). It's still quite a nice series with some good humor. Can't wait to see the next volume :)

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Elric_kun » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:52 pm

Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~ ep.6
Naruto ep.119
Elric_kun

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:41 am

lol... I came here to post but I jjust realized I'm not watching any anime right now..... what is wrong with me? (T_T)
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:27 am

GITS:SAC Disc 4 (13-16?)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Dark_angel » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:57 pm

....I just watched naruto 118....but i downloaded it about a week ago....stupid short term memory loss...-_-
[indent]
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding -provers 9:10

[/indent](Sorting things out, but will be back later.) :angel:
Dark_angel

Postby kaji » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:46 am

I just started Watching Naruto fan subs. (DL from NarutoChaos)

Its fun stuff! However, I have no idea why, but my down load time goes from over 3000 KB/sec to like 9.5 KB/sec when downloading the English episodes… The JumpFest episodes were only a couple min to download where the main episodes take over 4 hours each!!!

It must be their server is over loaded, eh?

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby agasfas » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:00 am

Just finished watching "Kaleido Star Vol. 1." I rented this one out of curiosity. Plus, everyone keeps telling me it's really good. Sometimes it's nice to try a totally random title. After viewing the first 5eps it seems it may have a pretty decent story line. I'm quite surpised. Also, the animation is also quite nice. Looking forward to seeing what else this series has to offer. Who would have thought an anime about a circus would be any good. The acrobatics, flying trapeze artists and such make for a really interesting story-- original indeed. Looks good so far :thumb:

agasfas

Postby _Sin_ » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:03 am

kaji wrote:I just started Watching Naruto fan subs. (DL from NarutoChaos)

Its fun stuff! However, I have no idea why, but my down load time goes from over 3000 KB/sec to like 9.5 KB/sec when downloading the English episodes… The JumpFest episodes were only a couple min to download where the main episodes take over 4 hours each!!!

It must be their server is over loaded, eh?

-kaji

Switch to BitTorrent?

But yeah, Naruto is a pretty good shounen although the Jump Festa episodes are really bad IMO.

Currently following:

Naruto
Gundam SEED Destiny
Mai-Hime
Wild Striker
and thinking about starting Ah! My Goddess, Xenosaga, Air and School Rumble.

"Ignorance and naivety are a pretty bad combination, so beware!" ~ Some wise person :D (a.k.a. me)
Old sig
_Sin_

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:57 am

Bleach ep.15
Elric_kun

Postby Debitt » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:40 am

Tactics ep. 14. T^T Still no Edwards~

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:34 am

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:Tactics ep. 14. T^T Still no Edwards~

Could you PM me and tell me where you're getting your fansubs for Tactics from? I think I wanna see it.

Mangafanatic

Postby indyrocker » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:55 am

Heat guy J and Gad gard bough totaly awsome!
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews