Imadoki. . .

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:53 am

Def my fave Watase series too Chloe ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:48 am

*Sigh* So Erica's in volume four, huh? I was hoping we'd just get a brief author note informing us all that she'd died of mysterious food poisoning between three and four. Oh well, I guess I'll have to just put up with her demonic ways for a while longer. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:22 pm

Erica... ugggg...... maybe that sickness of her will come back heh Osaka?
:evil: mwahahahaha.......
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:04 am

KisaTohru wrote:Erica... ugggg...... maybe that sickness of her will come back heh Osaka?
:evil: mwahahahaha.......

Or perhaps we'll have to transport ourselves into the manga and do a stealth operation to take her out!! *insert evil laughter*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 am

You read my mind.. mwahahahahaha...... *thinks of dastardly plot to remove Erica*
Kisa

Postby Cap'n Nick » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:49 am

Totally. I'm halfway through the fourth volume right now. Urge...to kill...rising!

I think the Yoji/Tanpopo thing is pretty cute. If Koki and Tanpopo weren't so perfect for each other I would be all about that. She still needs to dump him, though. Using a guy as a placeholder is cruel to him and a waste of time for you.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Kisa » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:58 am

Yea Yoji is a good match as well, but I think Tanpopo and Koji are better......
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:17 am

*plugs ear* Will not read thing about four. . . Will not read things about four. . .

AHH!! *calms herself by plotting out her devious plan to knock off Erica*

Mangafanatic

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:02 pm

Did you all notice that every main guy in the Yuu Watase books look like Tamahome, or... maybe Tamahome looks like them? o_0

Kisa wrote: Yea Yoji is a good match as well, but I think Tanpopo and Koji are better......

I'm with you, Kisa. Yoji needs to get with the gal who had the baby (Arisa?). I think they'd be great together.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Cap'n Nick » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:20 am

Totally. Koki = Kyou = Tamahome. And they've all got that tough yet domestic thing going on, too.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:07 am

after reading (up to vol. 5) of Ceres I was hesitant.

Yeah beware of that...my friend said there's a sex scene that lasts for about ten pages, so...just stay away, okay? o_O
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:09 am

Yay, we've all learned to stay away from about alot of Yuu's works.

Mangafanatic

Postby Mave » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:14 am

true_noir_chloe wrote:Did you all notice that every main guy in the Yuu Watase books look like Tamahome, or... maybe Tamahome looks like them? o_0

I suppose that happens when you've developed your own style and stick to it since your fangirls love it so much (you know, like some formula or something haha).

Ayashi no Ceres is quite depressing (was intended to be so) and there are sex scenes, which bothered me greatly. It's probably my least fav. Watase manga.

But hey, we've got Imadoki ^__^
Mave

Postby Kisa » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:20 pm

true_noir_chloe wrote:Did you all notice that every main guy in the Yuu Watase books look like Tamahome, or... maybe Tamahome looks like them? o_0

Yea... its funny.... I always get them mixed up (nameswise) cause of it.

true_noir_chloe wrote:I'm with you, Kisa. Yoji needs to get with the gal who had the baby (Arisa?). I think they'd be great together.

Yea! I thought that too! I'm glad I'm not the only one ^^
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:41 pm

I just read four, and may I start by saying that the end about made me want to walk down the road and throw myself into the path of an oncoming 18 wheeler!! AHH!!!

Okay. More specifically:

[spoiler]

Erica is EVIL!! I actually felt sorry for her when he turned down her sweater and all that. I was actually about to CRY for her. Now I realize that would have been a waste of tears. Ugh, he doesn't want to marry you, you spazz-o! There is life beyong Koki and Yoji.

Um, did anybody else think it was just a tiny whittle bit weird that Yoji (a college age guy) was dating Tanpop (A freshman in high school)? That was just a little bit odd to me. Either way though, Yoji rocks. I love him. Unlike another obsessive fiancee we know, he actually wants the best for the people he loves. "Yay!" for Yoji!

I agree with Kisa and Chloe that it would be really great if Arisa and Yoji got together. That baby needs a good daddy.

Erica's stunt in the end was totally selfish. I know I already complained about her, but she deserves two rants!

Flippy (Aoi) is so lovable! I just want to huggle him! I hope he and Tsukiko get together. Even if she money obsessed, there's a sweet heart under there! I just love her!
[/spoiler]

And that is all. . . for now. ;)

Mangafanatic

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:59 pm

I've only got the first volume, but that'll change. I love this series.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Cap'n Nick » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:08 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:I just read four, and may I start by saying that the end about made me want to walk down the road and throw myself into the path of an oncoming 18 wheeler!! AHH!!!

NO, 'SAKA! LIVE! LIIIIIIVE!!!

For purposes of me not having to mince up a bunch of spoiler and quote tags into some vBulletin mess, one big spoiler tag and all quotes are from Mangafanatic.

[spoiler=Imadoki]Erica is EVIL!! I actually felt sorry for her when he turned down her sweater and all that. I was actually about to CRY for her. Now I realize that would have been a waste of tears. Ugh, he doesn't want to marry you, you spazz-o! There is life beyong Koki and Yoji.

Yes! Why do all of these girls act like there are no other men on the planet? Or more importantly, why do they act like they can win a person's heart by hurting their friends and smothering them to death? If he didn't love me before, he'll reaaaally love me once I annoy him for years on end! Riiiiight. And what's worse is, I know people that act like this in real life! Hurts to watch either way, really.

Um, did anybody else think it was just a tiny whittle bit weird that Yoji (a college age guy) was dating Tanpop (A freshman in high school)? That was just a little bit odd to me. Either way though, Yoji rocks. I love him. Unlike another obsessive fiancee we know, he actually wants the best for the people he loves. "Yay!" for Yoji!

Ya, that did strike me as a bit weird, but then I remembered that this is manga and for some reason everybody between the ages of 13 and 27 is on about the same mental continuum and, thanks to some absurd stylistic conventions, the same bodily continuum. I mean, the way he was drawn, Yoji could have passed as a high school student if he would have worn the uniform.

He did have a slight leg up in the maturity department, though. Most of the people in the manga aren't as psycho as Erika but it's true that they're not always dealing with their feelings in healthy ways. Koki basically lets Erika have her fantasy for all those years even though his heart isn't in it, Tanpopo tries to use Yoji as a substitute, Tsukiko thinks of marriage like an old feudal lord securing an alliance, and Arisa...yeah, that's complicated. In light of that, Yoji really impressed me.

Flippy (Aoi) is so lovable! I just want to huggle him! I hope he and Tsukiko get together. Even if she money obsessed, there's a sweet heart under there! I just love her!

Woohoo! "Did somebody say 'KNIFE FIGHT?!'" Ha, reminds me of a guy I know. Dang, how often does that happen with me and manga? And how do I keep running into all of these people? And yeah,Tsukiko is awesome. I like how she didn't just magically change into a better person but is actually dealing with her issues.[/spoiler]
Cap'n Nick

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:46 pm

Cap'n Crack wrote:NO, 'SAKA! LIVE! LIIIIIIVE!!!

*Hesitates at the edge of the highway* Oh, fine! I'll read five and then re-evaluate the situation. (BTW, 5 comes out in Feburary, right? I hope so! I can't stand the wait!)

I'm following Cap'n's path. All italics are his words. It works for him. ]
Ya, that did strike me as a bit weird, but then I remembered that this is manga and for some reason everybody between the ages of 13 and 27 is on about the same mental continuum and, thanks to some absurd stylistic conventions, the same bodily continuum. I mean, the way he was drawn, Yoji could have passed as a high school student if he would have worn the uniform.

Yeah, I guess ages in manga are really irrelevant. Mistuki and Takuto were alteast 6(?) years apart. Fuuma and Satoko were 6 and change apart. I suppose however many years are between Yoji and Tanpopo isn't really that important. Especially since he wasn't trying to pull anything on her. And I can't really blame him for falling in love with someone as cool as lil' Tanpopo.

Yoji, aside from his irresposibilty issues, is one of the coolest characters in the manga.

Tanpopo tries to use Yoji as a substitute.

Do you really think she as using him as a substitute? I thought she was more trying ot move on with her life. When she met Koki, she thought she was beyond her feelings for Koki enough that she could try to love some else. Erica used Koki as a substitute. I never really thought she was trying to stuff someone in a Koki shaped void in her heart, because I don't think she knew that void was there. She really thought she was almost over it. Poor confused darlin'.

Woohoo! "Did somebody say 'KNIFE FIGHT?!'" Ha, reminds me of a guy I know. Dang, how often does that happen with me and manga? And how do I keep running into all of these people? And yeah,Tsukiko is awesome. I like how she didn't just magically change into a better person but is actually dealing with her issues.
You knew someone who licked knifes and put tracking devices on their buddies? You have funny friends, Cap'n! :P

I think after you read enough manga, you can't help but start seeing people you know in the faces on the page. We all have a quirk element, and many characters in shoujo manga are personifications of quirky-ness. If that makes sense. . .

Yeah, I really ove how Tsukiko has been developed. The change is gradual, but, in this newest volume, she's so different from what she was when she was introduced. It's really funny that a character that I once figured was PURE EVIL has become on of my favorites. Her stunt with the ladder was hysterical. "We Tsukiko women have bones of steel!" --Or something to that effect.

[/spoiler]

Oh, and about overused Yuu character designs, Frey=Yoji. ;)

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:16 pm

All I can say is... YAY YOJI!!!!!!!!!! ^_^
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:15 pm

What did everyone think of five? I was very happy with the ending, especially [spoiler]Flippy and Tsukiko getting together! *throws confetti[/spoiler]

But I'll tell you what I almost liked more: The story about the germ-o-phobic chick. It was so funny and so sweet!

So, opinons, everyone!

Mangafanatic

Postby c-girl » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:17 pm

I did not exactly like the ending of Imadoki. >"< I mean. It was cute that Tsukiko and Flippy got together. (I love that! >^^< )

But the ending was so predictable and there just wasn't enough of the other characters. Like Tsukiko, Flippy, and Arisa. I thought the series could've been a lot better if it had more of them, 'cause the story just seemed to revolve around Koki and Tanpopo. >^^<; But overall I enjoyed the series.. It was very short though.. >;_;< That was sad. I wanted it to go on longer.
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby Ashley » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:25 pm

Just thought that Mangafanatic and all you other Watase fangirls out there would want to know I bought the first two volumes of Imadoki today. ^^ I've been a fan of Yuu Watase, but not enough to ever get into any of her works.

I even gave up the Newtype that had Gundam Seed AND Scrapped Princess inside to get it. ; __ ;
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:13 pm

[quote="Ashley"]Just thought that Mangafanatic and all you other Watase fangirls out there would want to know I bought the first two volumes of Imadoki today. ^^ I've been a fan of Yuu Watase, but not enough to ever get into any of her works.

I even gave up the Newtype that had Gundam Seed AND Scrapped Princess inside to get it. ]

Oh, good--good! You must tell us what you think when you finish reading them. And we're very happy to see that you have your priorities in order. :lol:

Mangafanatic

Postby Cap'n Nick » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:15 pm

I love the ending - that image with the field was so perfect. And Yoji and Koki had manly fistfight reconcilation! No matter how many times I see that it always makes me smile. That sums up how I feel about the end. Nothing really came out of left field but it was a lot of fun to see.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Heart of Sword » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:25 am

I've got the first one and might read more, but...is it perverted? Because I really wanted to read Fushigi Yuugi but I can't because Yu Watase went and spoiled it with her infamous nasties... -_-
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:13 pm

Heart of Sword wrote:I've got the first one and might read more, but...is it perverted? Because I really wanted to read Fushigi Yuugi but I can't because Yu Watase went and spoiled it with her infamous nasties... -_-

Here in lies the beauty of Imadoki. Unlike other Yuu manga which have disappointed me with their unnecessary nudity, Imadoki remained primarily clean. No nudity. No sex. The only things anyone might be offended by are:

1. Initially, Arisa is a very bad girl. We know she sleeps with atleast one guy, she teases Tanpopo for not doing the same (calls her "virgie", if I recall correctly), so forth and so on.

2. At one point, we see a little of Tanpopo's underwear, but if you've read the first volume, you know that already.

3. One male character [spoiler]gets a girl pregnant. A cell conversation he has is meant to give us the idea that this isn't the first time he's been the father to an illegitemate child.[/spoiler]

One thing that I think is very important about Imadoki is that the fornication and other objectionable behaviors are frowned up. For the sin in this manga, there are consequences. Personally, I found that very refreshing.

Anyone else care to add anything? That's all I can think of on my own. Hope it helps.

Mangafanatic

Postby oro! » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:52 pm

Um, kugyo says something nasty about trimming hedges(if that's possible)?

I have one through five, and that's all I can remember. But, why did she have to end it so soon? That's jsut wrong!
/add
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Ashley » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:42 pm

Ok I have to say
I'M GOING INSANE HERE!

I loved Volumes 1 and 2 so much when I bought them I immediately nabbed 3, 4....and my bookstore was OUT OF 5!! I quickly surfed around and found a copy online coming to me....but after reading the end of volume 4 close to 2 am a few nights ago....OMGOODNESS! The tension!

As seriously dedicated as I am to Tanemura-sensei, I have to say Imadoki is definately vying for power as my #1 favorite manga series. And that's saying something. I found it incredibly refreshing, dramatic, and chock-full of the romantic tension I love to stress about. XD Overall, while of course I think Scoop is incredibly hot, Flippy is probably my favorite character, if nothing else he has a cool nickname. XD And grr! Ash hates Erica! *hisses*
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:19 pm

Ashley wrote:Ok I have to say
I'M GOING INSANE HERE!

I loved Volumes 1 and 2 so much when I bought them I immediately nabbed 3, 4....and my bookstore was OUT OF 5!! I quickly surfed around and found a copy online coming to me....but after reading the end of volume 4 close to 2 am a few nights ago....OMGOODNESS! The tension!

As seriously dedicated as I am to Tanemura-sensei, I have to say Imadoki is definately vying for power as my #1 favorite manga series. And that's saying something. I found it incredibly refreshing, dramatic, and chock-full of the romantic tension I love to stress about. XD Overall, while of course I think Scoop is incredibly hot, Flippy is probably my favorite character, if nothing else he has a cool nickname. XD And grr! Ash hates Erica! *hisses*

Oh, yes! Erica is pretty much the devil herself. There was actually one volume where I was sitting my bed saying OUTLOUD "I HATE YOU, WITCH WOMAN! YOU'RE A SICK, DEPRAVED LITTLE WOMAN! LEAVE KOKI ALONE!"

I think Flippy is one of my favorite male manga characters ever. Something about his somewhat psycho personality appeals to me.

*waves victory flags* I'm glad you've come over to the Imadoki side of the force, Ashley-chan!

BTW, Wouldn't it be awesome if this manga were turned into an anime?

Mangafanatic

Postby Mave » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:50 pm

Ashley wrote:Ok I have to say
I'M GOING INSANE HERE!

\(^_^)/ Welcome Ash, to the Imadoki craze

It's one of Watase Yuu's best in the shoujo genre. :thumb:
Mave

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews