DNAngel

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Debitt » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:34 pm

unfortunately, the only site that I know of that had scanslations was Akutenshi, and they dropped the project when the DNAngel manga was released in the US.

An alternative would be to buy the Japanese manga from a Japanese bookstore and look up the text translations on the internet. :thumb:

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:52 am

Ashley wrote:Or they're like Royalwing and live outside the US and therefore don't suffer through our stupid release schedules.

So true. *gathers pitch forks and torches.* Excuse me, I'm going to have an interview with some publishing house executives. . .

BTW, does anybody ever remember Tokyopop once releasing their manga monthly? I seem to think I got the Saint Tail manga each month. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:17 am

Neeeeewwwww VOLUME!!

So: I thought that--

1) As usual, Dark was looking wonderful.

2) [spoiler]I was somewhat confused concerning whose dream Daisuike was in? He says it was his dream, but I fail to see how we were suppose to realize it before they just came out and said it. Oh well, it looked cool anyways.[/spoiler]

3) [spoiler] It was funny when Daisuke was collecting feathers and they were all with girls. Dark is such a womanizer-- but I love him anyways. *huggles Dark* [/spoiler]

What did everybody else think?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kenshin17 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:52 am

I loved volume 5. I have been collecting this series for awhile now.
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Ashley » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:29 pm

Yep, I definately loved it too. It's getting better and better. And I've FINALLY learned how to tell the twins apart. It used to be every time I saw either of them, I'd have to flip to the front and remind myself who likes who. :sweat:

But yeah, I think the series is getting better. A little deeper, more questions and more answers...it's good. I liked To-To a whole lot. ^^
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:36 pm

Ashley wrote:I liked To-To a whole lot. ^^

Me too! She's adorable. I hope she and Dark get together. She's probably the only girl who can adore him as much as he would require. Risa probably thinks she can, but she's just alittle girl. Dark need someone who's more mature, and To-to's more than a hundred years old. Definitely old enough for him.

Mangafanatic

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:37 pm

I got the first 4 volumes for christmas, and i just got back from picking up the 5 one*read the whole thing in the car* I like it, it's good, Darks cute, but i like Daisuke.^ ^
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Debitt » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:10 pm

They called her To-to? :lol: I was confused when I was reading through all the replies, thinking: "Who's To-to? o_0;" xD; Awww, that's too bad. I thought Towa-chan was a cute name.

>D I love volume 5...has to be my favorite so far. You get to see Krad in all his evil destructively homicidal glory! ("\O.o/")

Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:27 pm

[quote="Kokoro Daisuke"]They called her To-to? :lol: I was confused when I was reading through all the replies, thinking: "Who's To-to? o_0]

They call her Towa-chan at the beginning, but by the end of the volume, she is most affectionately referred to as To-to.

And yes, Krad's is a most magnificent maniacal bishie. I've never seen such an awe-inspiring alter-ego. Ever. ;)

So, how far have you read, Koko-chan?

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:31 pm

I came o so close to getting vol 5, but NOOOOO! *cries*
I shall be patient.....
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Debitt » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:36 pm

I've got up to volume 9 (I meant to get volume 10, but I accidentally bought 2 9's instead. T^T) but somewhere between 7 and 8 I got oh so painfully lost. :lol: So now I'm waiting for those to come out in English. XD

Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:59 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:I've got up to volume 9 (I meant to get volume 10, but I accidentally bought 2 9's instead. T^T) but somewhere between 7 and 8 I got oh so painfully lost. :lol: So now I'm waiting for those to come out in English. XD

9?! I thought there were only 7 volumes! Goodness, how many are there?

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:16 pm

Apparhently more than 7 :lol:
Actually, I really dislike Krad. Dark is definately the bishie for me.
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:53 pm

Ashley wrote:Apparhently more than 7 :lol:
Actually, I really dislike Krad. Dark is definately the bishie for me.

Krad looks good, but his personality is a turn off.

. . . But I guess alot of people would be turned off by Dark's personality. I would be too if he wasn't so darn funny!!

Plus, Krad needs a hair cut. It just a little too long for my taste.

Mangafanatic

Postby Kenshin17 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:03 pm

I like Riku!!

And the english voice for dark is wrong. He did a great job but it was just the wrong voice. I thought Riku's would be bad to but I like it. Hilary Haag is always good ;)
Kenshin17

Postby Debitt » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:36 pm

x3 I have this secret dream about one day being able to gnaw on/play with Krad's long, pretty hair. And I love the cross at the end of his ponytail! *drools* Personally I don't mind his personality, either (he makes SUCH a good villain!). But then again, this is coming from the girl who's a fan of Kuja and Seymour from the Final Fantasy series. :sweat:

I think there are 10 volumes of DNAngel out and counting. Yukiru Sugisaki originally was going to keep it to 9 or 10 books, but decided to continue. I'm not arguing! ^.^

Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:59 pm

Okay, guys. I'm scared. There are ten volumes and Tokyopop has only bought 8 VOLUMES!! They had better buy the rest of DNAngel or Osaka will be very unhappy!

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:48 pm

Whoa, I didn't even know they could do that! I thought if you bought a series, you were licensed to publish the whole thing! I can't believe they'd do that, though. DNAngel is an incredibly popular title. Not as popular as Furuba, but still up there in sales. I don't think Tokyopop, who is in my opinion the best release company in America, would want to do that OR afford to. Imagine how many utterly ticked off people would boycott them for pulling a stunt like that.
Ashley

Postby Debitt » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:50 pm

I don't think we should be worried, they only bought the first 12 issues of Dragon Knights initially, but now they have up to number...21, if I remember right.

Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:23 pm

Ashley wrote:Whoa, I didn't even know they could do that! I thought if you bought a series, you were licensed to publish the whole thing! I can't believe they'd do that, though. DNAngel is an incredibly popular title. Not as popular as Furuba, but still up there in sales. I don't think Tokyopop, who is in my opinion the best release company in America, would want to do that OR afford to. Imagine how many utterly ticked off people would boycott them for pulling a stunt like that.

Kokoro Daisuke wrote: I don't think we should be worried, they only bought the first 12 issues of Dragon Knights initially, but now they have up to number...21, if I remember right.

You're both probably, right. *gains control over pallipitating heart* I just had some very scarring experiences when Tokyopop didn't buy the rest of Gatekeepers. *sob. Why! sob.*

Mangafanatic

Postby Kenshin17 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:22 pm

They had better buy the series if they know whats good for them!

I can be dangerous if I'm mad. After all I am a master of Hiten-Mitsurugi swordsmanship(note name) ;)
Kenshin17

Postby Kisa » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:34 pm

Arrg, Gatekeepers....
Ahywho, I am gonna buy DNAngel! Saw it at the store!!!!!!! Now for the funds..... ><
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:00 pm

Is vol 6 out or just 5? I need to find release dates on these......
How many vols are there?
Kisa

Postby Debitt » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:27 pm

I believe number 5 came out this month, and number 6 is due out in March. :) I'm not 100% sure, I'm just going off of TokyoPop's usual release schedule (every other month)

Debitt

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:56 pm

number 6 should be out in Feb. the same as FuruBa
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:38 pm

Yes, DNAngel #6 (of 10 licensed) should be out 02.08.05--on the same release as Furuba, correct.
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:48 pm

That is exactly correct, Ash. *give cookies* Wow-- that's not far away! I just can't wait!

Mangafanatic

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:35 pm

I was right!^^ *Does the boogy dance* O_O Er.....Yeah!^^
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:58 am

YAY! DNAngel and Fruba in one sitting ^_______^
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:50 am

*begins counting pennies* I am both happy and sad all at the same time. I'm happy to have them, and I'm sad to fork over the cash for them. Excuse me, I have to go rummage around for change in my sofa. ;)

Mangafanatic

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews