Orchestra

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Orchestra

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:17 pm

Ya got to love orchestra! I love string instruments. Something about the peace yet ... darkness it create makes me love the sound of it.

I love Bach's music.
Hitokiri

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:39 pm

Aye...Orchestra music is good. Especially the dark sounding stuff. People are surprised when I say that I like it a lot. (I guess it's cuz I love punk and hardcore.)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:22 pm

One of the reasons I love soundtracks is because of the orchestral music - orchestral music is capable of expressing so much emotion - I dare say nearly every emotion, and this is one of the reasons I am so drawn to it. So many of the great composers of the past have produced breath-taking scores - Carmina Burana is one of my favorites, by Orff. You guys should check it out, if you like darker things. I wish that I could write for an orchestra, but knowing all the different instruments, their ranges, all the things that go into instrumental color - its a monumental task, especially to do it well. But when done well, there's nothing like it.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Stephen » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:11 pm

I love the Metal Gear stuff....Harry Gregson-Williams. I love most Orchestra stuff I hear though...soundtracks, etc. I can apprecaite it while others seem to be bored by it....*shrug*
Stephen

Postby SpikeSpiegel306 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:36 pm

The Orchestra!?! I love the Orchestra. I love getting to dress up in sweet suits and going and acting all smart and sophisticated. And the way people look at you after something cool happens and they are clapping and you are like "Yeah dude! That was totally awesome!" and you do an air guitar...thats priceless.

Ahh....good times, noodle salad.
SpikeSpiegel306

Postby Maledicte » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:14 am

I really like the freaky minor choral stuff, like Mozart's requiem and Orff's Carmina Burana. real gothic sounding. Is it just me or am I morbid?
I also like vivaldi. and handel. And chopin. And beethoven. And...
Maledicte

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:34 pm

Ah, don't get me started on all the wonderful variety of instruments; I could go on and on about it. ^____^ (Much of the music I write is orchestral, by the way. ^_~ )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:51 pm

I wish I could have attended Dear Friends. That would have ROCKED!

Almost as much as going to Japan.

Rai
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Lobo » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:58 am

i love this kinda of music some of my favorite songs are Orchestrated
"Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall KILL you!" - Stewie: Family Guy

Fortune Cookie: You will die a painfull death in 10 seconds.
Your lucky #s: 10, 9, 8, 7....

This tank alone weighs 19 tons, that's like maybe...4 or 5 X-Box's?---Adam Sessler/X-Play
Lobo

Location: i would put something funny here but all the good ones are taken

Postby EvilSporkofDoom » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:52 pm

I like orchestra music too.. Bach is my favourite composer as well. I really like music that incorporates the harpsichord, organ, or violin..
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6

EvilSporkofDoom

Return to Jam Session