Have you ever listened to a song so much that you grew sick of it?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Have you ever listened to a song so much that you grew sick of it?

Postby Ingemar » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:53 pm

Discuss.

(I'm sure the title "Stairway to Heaven" will come up among the older members)
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby LorentzForce » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:42 pm

I once listened to a song on the TV on one of those music-video shows. After about 4 seconds I got sick of it and went to my room. I couldn't take it anymore.... Torture to my ears...
LorentzForce

Postby SManBeyond » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:13 pm

Yes and no. No when I listened to the song frequently of my own accord. Yes when my youngest brother liked the song, played it frequently, and started singing it (badly) every chance he was near me.

Not quite sure how to vote...I guess I'll go with "yes"...
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby soul alive » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:00 pm

actually, not a song, a whole tape...
^^ my dad, prior to the tape deck in his truck breaking down, kept a willie nelson tape in one of the cubbies under the radio, and anytime we went anywhere that took more than a few minutes to get to (we lived 25 miles out of town, everywhere took a long time to get to) he would pop in willie nelson, and the tape would just play over and over and over until we arrived at our destination. i don't know what drove my mom, sister, and i crazier... the tape or my dad's tone deaf attempts at singing along. needless to say, we weren't too disappointed when the tape deck broke, and he only had a radio... :evil:
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:00 pm

When you work for more than 8 years in a grocery store that plays the same music over and over again every 4 hours or so, every day, you get sick of it very quickly. Believe me. (Especially when it's stuff you don't even like to begin with.)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby jazz » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:22 pm

hmm, i never had alot of money growing up, and i still don't. usually i end up listening to what music do i have over and over and over, not nessececarily becasue i like it... mostly becasue i don't have too much to choose from.... eventually i end up severely disliking everything i own.... that's annoying....
jazz

sure thing

Postby The Shadow » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:16 pm

yup deffinatly
usually the songs that are popular get really anoying real quick
and u end up thrashing them
but there is one song that i can listen to over and over again
which is : "when the sun sleeps" by underoath
....................you may laugh at my age but we'll see everytyhing at judgment ................
((((((((((((but the candle burns alone, it guides us saftely home.-ZAO)))))))))))))

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but i will leave my mark in this world<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------:angel: X FROM THE SHADOW X :angel:------------------------------
The Shadow

Postby Ingemar » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:00 am

Well, have any of you listened to a song that you like so much that you grew sick of it?
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:31 am

yes... several songs that I used to love are now on the cant stand list....

random note... post 777

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Jasdero » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:15 am

Ah yes.. practically every song that's played on newer radio stations... Which is why I stopped listening to the radio, and just buy CD's... XD

mechana2015 wrote:random note... post 777

Congrats. :3
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:04 am

There are so many I can't even begin to start.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby LorentzForce » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:57 am

Ingemar wrote:Well, have any of you listened to a song that you like so much that you grew sick of it?

Yes, and many of them too. So many that I realised I should have so many songs that if I ever do feel slightly sick of it I force myself to listen to ther songs. Then I'll never have to get sick of a song again :)
LorentzForce

Postby That Dude » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:50 pm

I Can Only Imagine...I thought it wasn't that good and then I heard it a million times and I hate it. I had others but that's the main one.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm

I've almost come to the conclusion that this is the nature of all pop music - music that is played on the radio - anything that is instantly gratifying for me easily wears thin. There has to be levels, details, intricacies, mystery.....
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Jaltus-bot » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:59 pm

Ingemar wrote:Well, have any of you listened to a song that you like so much that you grew sick of it?

More times than I can count.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Hephzibah » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:05 pm

It happens to be all the time :sweat: I find a song/s I absolutely love, listen to it on repeat for several weeks, then realise I am sick of it before finding a new song :P
Hephzibah

Postby CobaltAngel » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:11 pm

Arg, I've gotten so sick of songs like "This Love" by Marron5 and "Drops of Jupitor" by Train. It gets to the point where whenever the song comes on you want to change the radio station.

Well, have any of you listened to a song that you like so much that you grew sick of it?

I think I've over listened to some of my CDs before. I've ruined some of my favorite songs that way, lol.
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Sephiroth » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:34 pm

Some songs i'll listen to too much, and then hate, and theres songs i'd never get sick of, but i have to be 'in the mood' for a song to enjoy it really.
Largo (Megatokyo): "Its this thing... and its like, cool... and it does things... cool things!"

Ph34r t3h Cu73 0n3z!
Sephiroth

Postby SpikeSpiegel306 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:35 pm

Ugggggh...yes times infinity. I have this curse where I can listen to a song 1 time and know all the words so I tend to get sick of some songs really quickly.
SpikeSpiegel306

Postby Krenz » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:48 pm

Well, almost. I can't stop listening to A Favor House Atlantic by Coheed And Cambria. I'm sure the annoyance is sure to come.
Krenz

Postby ZiP » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:34 am

*noddes head vigorously*
Yup, all the time.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby EvilSporkofDoom » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:36 am

yup, has happened to most of my favourite songs.. which is why I try not to listen to songs I like too much ^^
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6

EvilSporkofDoom

Return to Jam Session