Funniest Songs You've Heard

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby ZiP » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:42 am

Every-single-one of the weird a songs.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby soul alive » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:48 am

since i don't listen much to newer music, due to the fact that my radio doesn't receive hardly any good stations - i listen to a lot of oldies. my favorite oldies songs that are funny are "They're Coming to Take me Away, Haha" by Napolean XIII (they're coming to take me away, haha/ they're coming to take me away hoho, haha, hehe/ to the funny farm, where life is happy all the time/ and i'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats/ they're coming to take me away, haha haha haha), "Beep Beep" by the Playmates , "Trogaladite (cave man)" by the Jimmy Castor [Bunch]. and almost anything by Ray Stevens. ^^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby harina » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 am

Gackt - Feel the fire is funny. The song is quite good and pretty, but you know... Gackt still hasn't learnt to pronounce English... <____<;;

soul alive wrote:my favorite oldies songs that are funny are "They're Coming to Take me Away, Haha" by Napolean XIII (they're coming to take me away, haha/ they're coming to take me away hoho, haha, hehe/ to the funny farm, where life is happy all the time/ and i'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats/ they're coming to take me away, haha haha haha)

Oh no... my brother is listening that like all the time.. :eh:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Hebr. 11:1]
harina

Postby FadedOne » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:28 am

Shadow Of Def" by Brave Saint Saturn

amen!

and yeah....lots of FIF stuff too. Wizard needs Food sooo makes me smile.

Running Just to Catch Myself----Mark Schultz(some people find it ridiculous....it just makes me grin though)

I Believe in a Thing Called Love---the Darkness

Some Beach---Blake Shelton

hehe...yeah, I have weird taste.
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
~~~~~~
At the heart of mature [color=DarkOrchid]femininity
is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nuture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships.

At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships.[/color]

~~~~
Disclaimer: The comments of Lara, both on forum and chat, are random, unusual, and often sarcastic. Read with a pillar of salt. Thanks. :thumb:
FadedOne

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:36 am

Oooh, props for Napolean XIII! :eh:
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby soul alive » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:52 pm

^^ - 'they're coming to take me away' is such a goofy song, and Napolean the XIII wrote a sequel to it. the funniest thing about the song is that whoever it is that is going crazy is doing so because his dog keeps running away ^^...
some Relient K songs are pretty darn funny as well, especially the 'stop talking gibberish' song
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:14 pm

Anything by De Vinci's Notebook.;)
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:13 am

'they're coming to take me away' is such a goofy song, and Napolean the XIII wrote a sequel to it.

Even wierder is the B-side to the original single: "Ah ah, yawa em ekat ot gnimoc" Yep, it's the entire thing played in reverse :eh:

Anyway, I just realized that we haven't mentioned the Christian Wierd Al: Mark Lowry. I especially love "Baby Why Not Me," a parody of Amy Grant's "Baby Baby" in which he tries to win women with quotes from Song of Solomon. ("Your nose is like a tower" and "your hair is like a flock of goats" are two of the more normal ones) Good fun!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:30 pm

Nightshade X wrote:One of the funniest songs I've ever heard is definitely "Albuquerque" by Weird Al. 12 minutes of hilarity!!!
Ahh! I almost cried from laughing so hard during that song!! It just... goes on and on. O_O /
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:03 am

The Orange and the Green (this (lyricsdownload.com) version - I think it's a little funnier that the older forms)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:45 pm

In the spirit of the season I've been listening to Bob and Doug Mackenzie's take on the 'Twelve Days of Christmas' alot lately, it always makes me laugh. Has anyone else heard of it? (it might be a Canadian thing..)
the_lizardqueen

Postby Maledicte » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:46 am

That coke, fries and a cheeseburger song tacked on the end of KJ-52's collaborations Cd....Oh man that is so funny
Also, Barenaked Ladie's "One Week"....chikity china the chinese chicken....mua ha ha ha
Maledicte

Previous

Return to Jam Session