Prog/Power Metal...

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Prog/Power Metal...

Postby Pantakrator » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:20 pm

Hey guys! I've recently been getting into what I feel is one of the best types of music out there; Prog/Power!!! So what's so good about it? I really don't know... Listen to Savatage's "Handful of Rain" or Hammerfall's "Legacy of Kings" though, then tell me they just flat out suck... Aint gonna happen! ;)

So? I figure I'll list my favorites and then some I wanna know more about. If you guys know some good ones, or know reasons (ethicly) not to listen to some of these bands, please post!!! I love this style...

Bands I like:
Savatage
Theocracy ( His T-shirt is in the mail!!!)
Oratorio
Hammerfall
Rhapsody
Battlelore

Bands I wanna know more about:
Masterplan
Evergrey
Kamelot
Edguy
Rob Rock
Pain of Salvation

If any of you guys can help me out I'd be very grateful. I have Dream Theater's "SDoIT" album, but have yet to really listen to it. Guess I need to...

Thanks a million!!! :thumb:
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:09 pm

I was gonna suggest rhapsody, but you already got them.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Maledicte » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:22 pm

Have u ever heard of Andrew W Bordoni? great prog metal...check out his stuff at his website (http://www.andrewwbordoni.com or something like that) or at Cdbaby.com. I've got his two Earth-cubed projects... I like the first one better, as it has a very "Arthur/Merlin-esque" vibe to it.
Maledicte

Return to Jam Session