Anyone Like These?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Anyone Like These?

Postby YoukoKuramaFan » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:05 pm

Hey! I just wanted to know *blushes* :red: does anyone but me like Hikaru No Go or YuGiOh? *blushes even more* :red: Please reply freely! :red: :grin: :red:
YoUkO kUrAmA iS sOoOoO hOtT!!!!!! :wow!: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
YoukoKuramaFan

Postby Cedahlia » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:37 pm

I never heard of Hikaru No Go, but I did watch the entire first season of Yu-Gi-Oh! with my brother. I also saw the movie and a few episodes here and there afterwards. I can't say that I am a big fan of it, but it is alright. ^_^
"Not believing is letting each other down, that's how it is."

~Lacus Clyne
Cedahlia

Postby YoukoKuramaFan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:06 pm

Hikaru No Go is a Japanese manga about this kid named Hikaru who finds this Go board in his grandfather's attic while looking for something to sell to get some spending money. He sees blood stains on it that his friend hikari can't see,and it ends up really freaking her out,so she starts to leave. Then this voice asks him if he can see the bloodstains, and he says, "That's what I've been tryng to tell you!" thinking that it was Hikari finally coming to her senses, when he sees a ghost of a long dead Japanese Go player. The ghosts then enters Hikaru's body and he faints. Then we see Hikari on the stairs looking really worried. Seeing that Hikaru has fainted,she yells to Hikaru's grandfather that he has fainted. The last thing that u see is Hikaru asking U WENT INTO MY BODY? The ghost says,YES,YOUR CONSIOUSNESS. Hikaru: CONSIOUSNESS?

Then everything blacks out.

that is the very beginning of it. If u like it,then get Shonen Jump!
YoUkO kUrAmA iS sOoOoO hOtT!!!!!! :wow!: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
YoukoKuramaFan

Postby Ssjjvash » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:54 pm

I haven't heard of Hikaru No Go. Honestly, I don't read any mangas 'cause I don't have money to buy them and I doubt my mom would allow them in the house. That's a story all in itself.

The show YuGiOh, I will again be honest, I hate it, but the manga is probably better, but still I find it worthless. If it weren't all about magic and different things like that, that would be a different story.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Rauken » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:41 am

Hikaru no Go is one of my favorite series actually, if only Viz would realease volumes more often :sniffle:

I used to watch the dubbed Yu Gi Oh :red: but haven't for a while. I am kind of interested in seeing the uncut version though. I've heard it's much better.
Rauken

Postby Kireihana » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:42 pm

I don't like Yu-Gi-Oh that much but I love Hikaru no Go! Very cute, funny series and Obata-san's art is amazing. *.*
Kireihana

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Hm, I liked the original Yu-Gi-Oh (that is, anything that isn’t tampered with by 4Bakas), but I didn’t keep up with the ancient Egypt arc. bakura_fan, however, (another member here) knows about everything there is to know about the series, especially if it has to do with Bakura (either one, either time period). I like Hikaru no Go from what I’ve seen, but I never got a chance to watch or read much of it…
Aka-chan

Postby Rocketshipper » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:36 am

Yu-Gi-Oh rocks! I've seen almost the whole series in uncut japanese form and I plan to start collecting all the manga. I havn;t read Hikaru no Go but I really like its art style.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby YoukoKuramaFan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:38 am

i dont think that there is any Hikaru No Go anime,just yugioh anime....unless they have it in Japan but havent put it out in america
YoukoKuramaFan

Postby YoukoKuramaFan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:02 pm

Ok same question,different manga. does anyone like Tokyo Mew Mew? Hows about yuyuhakusho?(i know there'll be some 4 yuyuhakusho, but im not very certain about the Tokyo Mew Mew thing)
YoukoKuramaFan

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:20 pm

YoukoKuramaFan wrote:Ok same question,different manga. does anyone like Tokyo Mew Mew? Hows about yuyuhakusho?(i know there'll be some 4 yuyuhakusho, but im not very certain about the Tokyo Mew Mew thing)

I like both Yu-gi-Oh! and Yu Yu Hakusho.The manga for Yu-gi-Oh! is a lot
darker than the Americanized version of the anime.For example in vol.3
that I just bought Shadi turns Anzu into a living doll and has her stand out
on a plank on the edge of a highrise and Yami has to beat him at a game or
she literally takes a fall.
As far as Yu Yu Hakusho goes..the manga has a bit more Buddhism in it then
the anime.Still it's one heck of a fun ride,especially if you're a fan of Botan,
like me.
One of my fans at the Cafe Forum is an avid Tokyo Mew Mews fan.She
can't stand Mew Mew Power! :lol:
mitsuki lover

Postby sonichiro » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:27 pm

i tried (reeeeealy stressing the word tried) to read tokyo mew mew, but found that the story was just too blah, if that makes any sense. the art isnt fantastic either. this is just my opinion (dont kill me). i like the art in yu yu hakusho, but find the story really demonic.
-- if white was black and black was white, what of shades of grey?
sonichiro

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:34 am

YoukoKuramaFan wrote:Ok same question,different manga. does anyone like Tokyo Mew Mew? Hows about yuyuhakusho?(i know there'll be some 4 yuyuhakusho, but im not very certain about the Tokyo Mew Mew thing)

I like Tokyo Mew Mew ^^ The story is cute IMO, and it was the first official manga series that I read (I had only read online translations of Kodocha and Marmalade Boy before that). My friend owns the entire series, so whenever a new one came out I got to borrow it from her.
Indigo_Eyes

Postby MasterDias » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:29 pm

I read Yu Yu Hakusho, Hikaru no Go, and Yu-gi-oh in the American Jump.

i dont think that there is any Hikaru No Go anime,just yugioh anime....unless they have it in Japan but havent put it out in america

Yes, there is a Hikaru no Go anime, however, it has not been licensed for the U.S.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Kisa » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:44 am

Never really liked Yu Gi Oh, but I heard good things about Hikaru no Go.... what is the storyline again?
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mave » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:13 pm

The following are just my personal opinions (pls take no offense ^__^).

Hikaru no Go: Very nice art, not too sure about the storyplot. My interest dwindled eventually because I thought the characters were too obsessed about winning a game. However, I still bought it for the art.

YuGiOH: Never really read it. Once again, I thought characters were too obsessed about winning a game. The art is interesting, I'm not sure whether I like it or not.

YuYuHakusho: I grew up reading this title as opposed to Dragonball. I heard the two have many similarities but I prefer the characters of YYH. It's a pretty old title so I forgive the art. I own the whole set and am a big fan of Yusuke and Hiei.

Tokyo Mew Mew: Never really read it. The art looks too cute and I don't like catgirls in general.
Mave

Postby Kisa » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:50 pm

Oh yea and Yu Yu Hakusho I watched with my bro and it was ok. I liked it better than DBZ too Mave....
Tokyo Mew Mew I love. ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby YoukoKuramaFan » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:13 am

MasterDias wrote:I read Yu Yu Hakusho, Hikaru no Go, and Yu-gi-oh in the American Jump.

Yes, there is a Hikaru no Go anime, however, it has not been licensed for the U.S.

ohhh phooey!!! :mutter: :mutter: :mutter: :mutter:
YoukoKuramaFan

Postby YoukoKuramaFan » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:23 am

Mave wrote:The following are just my personal opinions (pls take no offense ^__^).

Hikaru no Go: Very nice art, not too sure about the storyplot. My interest dwindled eventually because I thought the characters were too obsessed about winning a game. However, I still bought it for the art.

YuGiOH: Never really read it. Once again, I thought characters were too obsessed about winning a game. The art is interesting, I'm not sure whether I like it or not.

YuYuHakusho: I grew up reading this title as opposed to Dragonball. I heard the two have many similarities but I prefer the characters of YYH. It's a pretty old title so I forgive the art. I own the whole set and am a big fan of Yusuke and Hiei.

Tokyo Mew Mew: Never really read it. The art looks too cute and I don't like catgirls in general.

i know that you said not to take any offense,but MUCH taken thank you very much!! But....your kinda right though....it is just a bit on the girly side.....but i really hate all of those types of girlie girl manga&anime,but i dont think that this is too bad.....but,if you do choose to look the title up and take a look at it,I think that its only fair 2 warn you that they have really short outfits....but i do think that guys will get a kick out of how the main character(ichigo momomiya)acts around her crush. Her ears popout,her tail pops out,and she gets amazing acrobatic skills.So I think that for any guy that wants a really good laugh,Tokyo Mew Mew is probably your funniest pick of the lot. :rant:
YoukoKuramaFan

Postby Lyger » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:10 am

ok I feel I need to say somethin.... Am I the only one who didnt grow up with anime?! lol i grew up with xmen and GI joe.... I like YYH. however it sometimes wont get my attention. as in yadda yadda, can you go fight stuff now... Yu Gi Oh... thats another story, I really can not stand the anime, i mean you sit there explainin it for 20 mins, and have a 3 minute duel... come on now.... just lay the card and shutup please.... I am prolly only 1 that has no clue what Hikaru No Go is...even with the explanation, and on a side note... am I the only person that can remember the teenage mutant ninja turtles old song... turtles in a half shell... Turtle Power!
Lyger: Not of One World but of Two....

Lyger

Postby MasterDias » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:03 pm

YoukoKuramaFan wrote:ohhh phooey!!! :mutter: :mutter: :mutter: :mutter:

Well, actually, situations have changed since several months ago.

The Hikaru no Go anime is now confirmed to be licensed by Viz. It's being dubbed by The Ocean Group.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:08 pm

Hikaru no Go! <3
Jasdero

Postby Sparrow Writer » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Hikaru no Go is awesome...It's my second favorite manga in Shonen Jump!
Sparrow Writer

Postby Icarus » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:59 pm

If any would like my opinions, here they are:

Hikaru no Go: Not bad. The art's pretty good, but story doesn't really interest me. I'll read it, but only if there's nothing else.

Yu-Gi-Oh. This falls in the "nothing else"category.

YYH: Interesting. IMO, the story is better than HNG, and it's not as protracted as DBZ. I need to start looking for it.

and finally, Tokyo Mew Mew. Marginally better than Yu-Gi-Oh, but not enough to get me to read more.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby YoukoKuramaFan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:06 pm

MasterDias wrote:I read Yu Yu Hakusho, Hikaru no Go, and Yu-gi-oh in the American Jump.

I just got a new shonen jump issue that said it was 2 be released here very soon!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! :grin: :grin:
YoukoKuramaFan

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews