Pretear!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Pretear!

Postby Kisa » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:58 am

So who else has read this manga???? I picked it up at the store and was like, woah! How come I missed this before! Its really good. Its a majo shojo type manga and its about a girl who is called to be the Pretear, the one who will help save the lanbd from this evil chick. I love the characters and the story development! Its so cool and I LOVE tulips which abound in this manga. It is also and anime ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:51 am

Yeah, I'm reading this one. I only have the first voume right now (I am saving every red cent [excluding the money I've put away for the next voume of Fruits Basket] that I have for Christmas. :sweat: ), but I was really impressed by the art work. It's SOOO pretty. The story was pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but I'll still enjoying it.

And the littlest boys in the group of guys who help her-- they're so cute!!!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby blue whisper » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:34 am

Wow, it sounds really interesting! Do you know if there is anything bad in it (eg: cursing, hentai, fanservice, bad religion). Thank you!

.:: Romans 8:28 ::.
ImageImage
blue whisper

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:52 pm

Hmm, as I said in the above, I've only read the first volume, but it was quite clean. And I'm pretty sure it's rated all ages. There probably some minor profanity, but that's all I can think of. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:05 am

It seems pretty clean so far! Very innocent and cute too! ^_^
Kisa

Postby Mave » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:03 am

*nods nods* Not typically my taste of a shoujo manga (was never fond of the whole magical girl theme) but the main girl character and "dwarves" are pretty interesting and cute. XD
Mave

Postby Kisa » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:20 am

LOL, yea more magic girl anime/manga.... but I like this one cause it just seems different ^_^
Kisa

Postby blue whisper » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:05 pm

" wrote:Hmm, as I said in the above, I've only read the first volume, but it was quite clean. And I'm pretty sure it's rated all ages. There probably some minor profanity, but that's all I can think of. . .

Thank you! I will probably pick it up the next time I am at a manga selling store :D

.:: Romans 8:28 ::.
ImageImage
blue whisper

Postby Mave » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:39 am

KisaTohru wrote:LOL, yea more magic girl anime/manga.... but I like this one cause it just seems different ^_^

Yes, I made an exception on this magical girl themed title. There's something interesting about the whole play on Snow White/Cinderella thingy (the 7 dwaves and evil stepsisters). Her father is this funny writer 'bum' while I get the impression that her stepmother isn't really that evil. I personally think she mostly misunderstand her stepdaughter, thanks to the lies of her malicious snobbish older daughter. Gah, I really dislike that daughter, although the other one seems quite nice actually, under her cold and introverted guise.

Oh yeah, the little boys in the title are sooooo cute and adorable! Makes me want to pick them up and cuddle them. XD XD

EDIT: But I'm a little disappointed with the anime. Why did they change the characters' hairstyles and some clothings? They look just fine in the manga, wished they kept it that way, IMO.
Mave

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:53 am

Mave wrote:
EDIT: But I'm a little disappointed with the anime. Why did they change the characters' hairstyles and some clothings? They look just fine in the manga, wished they kept it that way, IMO.

Because anime artists just can't stand leaving things as they are! Argh!

:hits_self <--- the smiley is manga-altering anime creators and the hammer is me, knocking some sense into them.

Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:18 pm

Yeah, I was sad when they changed the styles too. Some things are just better left alone ...
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Kisa » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:12 pm

LOL, yea I wish they left some things as they were, but yes Hayate is cuter! ;)
I finished the third volume the other day and the fourth comes out in Jan. How many are there total? I know there are 4 anime DVDs..... I wish I was Himeno, Hayate is awesome! ^^''
Kisa

Postby plutogrl03 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:49 pm

I haven't gotten to read the manga but I just finished watching the first volume of the anime. I don't like the brief nudity when Himeno transforms but other elements of show outweigh that for me. I'll probably end up buying the whole series since it's only four volumes long.

EDIT: I just realized! This is my 100th post! YAY! I finally made it!
plutogrl03

Postby Kisa » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:38 am

Yea they should have left the transformation lke in the manga... you didn't see anything, o well....
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:21 pm

Ahhh!! I just finished the second and third volumes, and THEY ROCK!! Ah, Hayate is absolutely GORGEOUS with his hair down in the third volume. I was stunned when I realized that [spoiler]her perfectly evil step mother was the princess of disaster[/spoiler]

But I do have one question. Now we know that, sixteen years ago, Hayate [spoiler]didn't recipocate the feelings of the last Pretear and she turned into the princess of disaster[/spoiler]. But-- okay. That happened 16 years ago. When you look at Hayate in the Princess of Disaster flash backs, he looks like he was atleast 16. That means he has to be--- 32! And Himeno is in high school! Am I missing someone or am I just going to have to overlook how weird that is?

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:19 am

Ah yes, the age thing. This is what happened:
[spoiler] 3 of the knights died fighting the princess of disaster, and the remaining knights were kinda born again cause of sealing her up and all and the 3 new ones born later.... (don't ask me how that works, I'll have to find exactly where I read it again....it is weird still though, lol[/spoiler]
also the princess of disaster thing:
[spoiler] she has many puppets, so she actually hasn't been revealed yet if it follows the same princess of disaster as the anime[/spoiler]
I got the second volume of the anime for Christmas! Woot! Its getting good ^^
Can't wait til vol 4 of the manga comes out!
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:00 am

Oh me neither! When does it come out. I know it's sometime this year (wow, that's comforting *sarcasm*) Is the fourth the final volume?

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:17 pm

Pretear 4 comes out beginning of Jan. It is the last volume of the manga as well! *cries* This story was so good but so short!
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:51 pm

KisaTohru wrote:Pretear 4 comes out beginning of Jan. It is the last volume of the manga as well! *cries* This story was so good but so short!

January? Yay!

Last volume? No!

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:49 am

LOL yes yes, why o why does it have to end?!
I am interested to see how they end it compared with the anime.....
Kisa

Postby Ashley » Thu May 12, 2005 12:38 pm

Rather than make a new thread, I just thought I'd add I finished this series this morning. I liked it! At first I was a little unsure about it...the beginning was interesting but very confusing at parts. However by the end, I really enjoyed it. Hayate is probably my favorite knight. ^^ And I loved seeing all the different Pretear outfits!

I'm curious to se the anime too. I wonder if the ending will still feel rushed...
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu May 12, 2005 4:00 pm

Ashley wrote:I'm curious to se the anime too. I wonder if the ending will still feel rushed...

That was my biggest objection to this series. All that tension and build up to the final conflict, and. . . it's over. Sorta lame, IMHO.

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Mon May 16, 2005 7:17 am

yea the ending in the manga was more rushed than the anime. i really liked both! i am glad you all did too ^^ yay hayate! ash has good taste ^^
Kisa

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews