Imadoki. . .

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:21 am

Yeah that dang [spoiler] fiancee[/spoiler] is really starting to annoy me! Grow up! Get a life! And stop leaching off of everyone elses! (She is sorta cute though. . . )
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm

Yea but she is so annoying!
[spoiler] why would you go for your finacee's much younger brother as a substitue?! I mean, poor Kouki, doesn't she have any decency! he's only a freshman in HS! can't she even wait or get a grip or get a life instead of ruining Kouki's? [/spoiler]
rant off >_<
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby blue whisper » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:09 pm

Gypsy wrote:Interesting ... yes, thank you Mave for the info, and thanks, Mangafanatic (wait a sec ... didn't you get a nickname?!) for bringing it up. I'm just about to head to Borders, and I'd rather have something particular in mind to look for rather than just staring at the shelves and scooting back and forth on the ladders.

I agree with gypsy- thank you all, because I was wondering about this manga also. I think I will probably buy it now. thankies

.:: Romans 8:28 ::.
ImageImage
blue whisper

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:09 pm

So problem!!! Come and chat about it once you're done with it!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:26 pm

YAY! A new Imadoki fan! *glomps*
Kisa

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:29 pm

[spoiler=Kisa's spoiler]She needs to grow up and get her own life. ...And of course Kouki needs to get with Tanpopo. ^_^ [/spoiler]

New fan good....just remember, the crazy Aoi is mine...*glomps Aoi* The wacko!

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Kisa » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:04 am

Hehe Fl;ippy cracks me up ^^
Kouki is cool, but he needs to lighten up.... hes a good guy though ^^
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:07 pm

You were very cleaver in your use of light text to mask that spoiler-y idea, and if you ever wanna do it more easily, you can use these tags [*spoiler] put the secret revealing text right here. [*/spoiler]. Just make sure you take * things out and it will mask it like it did at the top of the page.

Mangafanatic

Postby Cap'n Nick » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:48 am

Just got Imadoki and Alice 19th, thanks to my resident Watase fairy. My goodness, that girl - when she finds out I haven't read Fushigi Yuugi I'm in for a world of hurt!

Imadoki rocks my world! Fear the scoop! Alice 19th is pretty keen so far, too. A lot more cerebral than I expected. But how did Yuu Watase ever meet my mom!? The way Kyou's mom always says the most embarassing thing possible - whenever I have girls over, my mom is exactly the same way!
Cap'n Nick

Postby Kisa » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:09 pm

LOL, yea Watase has good storylines, but beware of her nudity thing... she tends to bring it into most her stuff.
BTW, when is the next IMADOKI coming out?! I want it!!!!!!!! ><
Kisa

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:17 pm

I just got the first two volumes today~ I love them so far, its a fairly clean manga ^^
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kisa » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:39 pm

YEa! I think 4 comes out in Feb.. maybe?
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:19 am

B-but that's so far away!!!

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:09 am

It comes out the 11th!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!! ^_^
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:29 pm

I just read 3!! I loved it! But--
[spoiler]
But I hate Erika even more now! She's a witch!
[/spoiler]

My specific thoughts about this volume--

[spoiler]
1)I can't believe Tanpopo didn't give him a red rose! She had three stinkin' days!
2)I'm really glad Arisa didn't abort her baby, but I wish the decision would have been more exciting to the rest of the cast. It seemed a little like they were all saying/thinking "Well, if that makes her happy. . .". On the other hand, I liked the statements Arisa made in the ambulance. They seemed quite pro-life. That makes me happy. ;)
3)I'm not happy that is trying to get back together with that jerk who got her pregnant!!
4)Ioa (that's the psycho guy's name, right) is HILLARIOUS!
[/spoiler]

I really love this manga so far! BTW, Kasa, did you say that the fourth volume comes out on the 11th of this month or of February.

Mangafanatic

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:17 pm

Fourth volume of Imadoki is out. Unforutnately, I havne't gotten the chance to buy it yet. *sniff sniff* I agree with you whole heartedly on your first spoiler, Osaka. As for the second...
[spoiler] You mentioned Tanpopo not giving him a rose. It seemed to me like she was so busy handing out the flowers she never got the chace, let alone the time it would take to gather up all the courage it would take to do that, and getting the right moment to do so. ^_^[/spoiler]

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:41 pm

I guess so, but
[spoiler]if Erica had time-- Tanpopo should have had time. Plus, she brok eher jar full of rose petals. Bad girl!! But if she knows what's good for her, she's gonna scoop up those rose betals (even if she gets some glass shards) and give 'em to that boy!! [/spoiler]

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:21 pm

Well I must say, I was at Waldenbooks today browsing their gianourmous library of manga and I was intrigued by this title. I knew Yuu Watase had some at-best questionable titles so I wanted to check into it first. Thankfully all the girls of CAA had some great things to say about it, so I'll be checking into this one!
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:34 pm

YAY another Imadoki convert! Yea Watase kept me away until I flipped through it, I love it! ^^
Poor Tanpopo... I don't know how she will get out of this one... Arrrg that Erika! ><
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:39 pm

Ashley wrote:Well I must say, I was at Waldenbooks today browsing their gianourmous library of manga and I was intrigued by this title. I knew Yuu Watase had some at-best questionable titles so I wanted to check into it first. Thankfully all the girls of CAA had some great things to say about it, so I'll be checking into this one!

It's definitely a title I've really enjoyed and I think you'd really like it too! It has the beautiful art of Yuu going for it and it, fortuneately, lacks the unsightly fanservice of many of her previous works.

. . . Join us.[/Darth Vader voice]

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:16 pm

I read somewhere that it only has 5 volumes! Someone please confirm this?!
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:41 pm

*Give a blood curling fan girl scream* NO!!! It would appear there are only 5 volumes of this Imadoki.

But I guess that's less time for Yuu to mess it up with something stupid, but it's also less of cute little Tanpopo!

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:30 am

*cries* I know! She better wrap up this plot soon and good then!
Kisa

Postby Cap'n Nick » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:42 am

But she only took FOUR volumes to mess up Alice 19th!!!

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's fine. I'm not sure if it just sort of stops or if there's actually some kind of resolution, but it doesn't make any major deviation of character.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Kisa » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:05 am

Cap'n Crack wrote:But she only took FOUR volumes to mess up Alice 19th!!!

This is true, but she would have messed it up already I think if she was going to.....
Kisa

Postby Cap'n Nick » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:31 am

Speaking of Alice 19th, I stopped reading the series, but I got the second volume as a Christmas present. Oh, that girl and her pretty boys...
Cap'n Nick

Postby Mave » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:29 am

Don't worry, guys. She won't mess up in Imadoki, which ends at the 5th volume. ^_^ There is a resolution and I would say it has a pretty happy ending (well, it left me with good feelings). Oops...did I just reveal a spoiler? :sweat:
Mave

Postby Kisa » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:57 pm

AH! I want it! >< I am only on 3.....
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:58 pm

I think Mave read it back when it wasn't licensed.

And Cap'n, from what I remember volume 2 of Alice was pretty clean. It after that that things start getting-- undressed.

Mangafanatic

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:46 am

I just read Vol. 4. -___- Erica is so evil. This has become my favorite Yuu Watase series so far.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews