DNAngel

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

DNAngel

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:42 pm

So, I just woke up this morning and discovered that there's a DNAngel manga. I don't know what deep dark cave I've been living in but-- oh, that's beside the point. How is this manga? I know the story so I guess I'm really just curious about the content. Thanks for your help.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:51 pm

I have only read the first volume so far (and I *love* it). Content wise, the first volume is about as clean as Angelic Layer. I can't think of any language issues and certainly no nudity/violence. The one thing I can think of so far is a scene where a girl sees the thief, Dark, is seen by a girl who has the power to change him back to Daisuke in her room at night. She starts screaming and to keep her quiet he holds her down and kisses her. Nothing more objectionable than that is shown...though TokyoPop has given it a 13+ rating.

Like I said, so far I like it and it's pretty clean IMO. There's a bonus manga in the back called N for Nishiki, and that has some magic in it--summoners and the like, but it's still pretty innocent in my eyes. Hope this helped!
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:59 pm

Nifty, thanks Ashley.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:47 pm

Sure thing!
Ashley

Postby Jman » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:34 am

I never read it. but i'm gonna get a bunch of Manga from my GrandMother in AL so
i'll look into it Sounds good

Adopter of Locke *0/0*
Adopter of Felix *0/0*
Adopter of Insanewithapen *0/0*
Adopter of Zelda27 *0/0*
Adopter of Sakura's Wings *0/0*
Adoptee of Cap'n Crack *0/0*

---
"It never hurts to try to make new friends, except when it does hurt…
but that's only when you're trying to make friends with a charging rhinoceros." ~ HolySoldier5000

---
"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. "
-Isaiah 53:5

|J|c|r|e|w| --- Jman's Antidrug
---
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
Help Him Achieve World Domination...

---
It’s not like we hate him or want him to die
Jman

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:52 am

Jman wrote:I never read it. but i'm gonna get a bunch of Manga from my GrandMother in AL so
i'll look into it Sounds good

I'm sorry but--- You're getting manga from who?

Mangafanatic

Postby Jman » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:11 am

My Grandmother well shes gives me the money so to say my mom well lets just asy i am in MUNDO debt to her for pre-buying me my new computer so i can't but any Anime until i pay her back but wehn i go down to AL my mom asid it was alright that if my Grandmother was Willling i could get some anime

I know what your thinking.....No my Grandmother does not read Anime.....that would be scary!

Adopter of Locke *0/0*
Adopter of Felix *0/0*
Adopter of Insanewithapen *0/0*
Adopter of Zelda27 *0/0*
Adopter of Sakura's Wings *0/0*
Adoptee of Cap'n Crack *0/0*

---
"It never hurts to try to make new friends, except when it does hurt…
but that's only when you're trying to make friends with a charging rhinoceros." ~ HolySoldier5000

---
"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. "
-Isaiah 53:5

|J|c|r|e|w| --- Jman's Antidrug
---
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
Help Him Achieve World Domination...

---
It’s not like we hate him or want him to die
Jman

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:31 am

Okay, who's read volume two? Am I crazy, or should I be confused about that manga that takes up the second half? What's it called. . . something--something-- demon. Er, something like that.

By the way, I LOVE THIS MANGA!! THE SECOND VOLUME ROCKED!!! And daisuike needs to wise up and fall for Riku. Dark is just an obsessive counter-ego. He shouldn't get the better twin. Besides Risa likes him. So they should get together.

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:23 am

I nabbed DNAngel 2 the day after it came out. Yeah, definately rocked; although I get who has a crush on who mixed up. And mangafan, as I tell my sister--if they all got together perfectly there wouldn't be a need to make a story! ^^

As for "the demon returns", I was really hoping for more "N is for Nishiki" instead. I guess they will just keep showing snippits of the author's previous works which I don't particularly like but *shrug*. I loved the Daisuke/Daisuki thing--that was too hilarious.
Ashley

Postby Danyasaur » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:20 pm

YOU LUCKY DUCKYS! THEY DON'T HAVE IT WHERE I GET MY MANGA! T_T
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Kisa » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:20 pm

Oooo sounds really good! I have been hearing alot about it lately so I think I'm gonna check it out! ^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:32 pm

Ashley wrote: I loved the Daisuke/Daisuki thing--that was too hilarious.

Yeah, that was rich! Actually, any part where wiz poses as Daisuike is hillarious.

So. . . just sorta curious, do you guys have favorite frames in a manga? Escpecially in this second volume of DNAngel, I have a favorite fame. You know that part where Daisuike and Risa have met in the park and she puts her hair behind her ear. I just LOVE that frame. I can't really say why, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I just love the way hands are drawn in manga. Oh well, just further proof that I'm weird. ;)

And KT, you have to read this one. It's so wonderful. (It's not Furuba, but it's still really good.)

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:00 pm

Hmm, my favorite frame....well in volume 2 I adored all of page 37. I tend to prefer the close ups of Dark though. ^^ What a hunk, ne?
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:26 pm

I love when it shows Dark talking to Risa and you see a note off to the side that's pointing at Dark and says "He's laying on the charm." HEHEHE. Major hunk.

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:36 pm

Well, if Mana sugests it then I wil have to try it out! We have similar tastes after all! ^_-
Kisa

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:41 pm

If its anything like the anime, I have to read it ^_^ I've heard its a lot different than the anime though soo... maybe it's different plot-wise? anyone know?
Kawaiikneko

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:22 pm

KisaTohru wrote:Well, if Mana sugests it then I wil have to try it out! We have similar tastes after all! ^_-

;).Yeah, we're like-- manga twins.

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:00 am

Hehehe I like that!
We are the manga twins! ^_^
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:32 pm

Welllllll, I finally nabbed vol. 1 and . . .
IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely love this manga! When did 2 come out????/
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:34 pm

It came out the same time Furuba volume three vame out. About a month ago. I'm so glad you liked it-- and I love your new Avatar.

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:56 pm

^^ yea i love this pic of Kisa! Soo kawaii!
*goes off to search for vol 2 of DNAngel*
Kisa

Postby kirakira » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:04 pm

ah, I'm a big fan of DNAngel. ^___^ I heard someone say that there was some boy\boy stuff in there, and that made me sad, because it's clean, but saying you like it appearently has connotations. *seeths* *cough* Anyway, when is 3 coming out?
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:30 pm

I heard the same thing. I'm curious with what characters, though. I mean, we both know Dark and Daisuike have their own female attractions. And I can't imagine it being between the afore mentioned, because their the same person. Having a Yaoi relationship with your alter-ego would be quite wrong. Was there any gay relationships in the anime?

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:59 pm

If I had to guess, I bet they would try to pair Dark or Daisuke (most likely Daisuke) with Satoshi. And knowing there's another guy in the series later on--Krad--I bet they would probably try to place him with Dark. Ugh, I need some mental mouthwash after this post. :drool:
Ashley

Postby Roland-shin » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:47 am

I already have vol. 1,2,3 but I have just starteted vol.1 (just finished ch.1)
sparten1056 wrote:who ever sed nothing is imposible, never tried slammming a revolving door.

keep rockin!! :rock:

narutofan : your naruto source
Roland-shin

Postby Ducky » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:25 pm

My bookstore has multiple copies of volume 2 (more copies than they have of any other manga in stock I wuold guess) and no volume 1. I might just have to read volume 2 first, I mean there can't be that much plot/character development in the first volume right? ;)
Ducky

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:11 pm

Hey-I came back and read the posts that cam eafter mine about DNAngel-I explained it to the best of my ability on the 'What Manga Are You Reading Now' thread. Btw KiraKira, I for got to add that I don't think you should stop reading it yet-I'm just saying that it has references to shounen-ai stuff between Daisuke and Takeshi and *maybe* Satoshi-go to the other thread to find out more about the maybe. Those references would have most likely gone over my head if I hadn't read other stuff on the web that mentioned that possibily....this kinda makes me feel bad that I mentioned it at all :( I'm sorry to have put this image in everyone's mind-please forgive me! I wasn't trying to do this. It probably won't go any further than those kinds of little references that the mangaka puts in-it just bothers me now that I realize what they are....I don't want to talk about the other references found in DNAngel that were mentioned if you want to know them (which I don't know why you would) you can look for them yourself...I think it's ok to continue on reading but you have to ignore those refs k? :)
" 'Tis strange-but true; for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction." ~Lord Byron

"When you see a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:19 pm

I just read volume 3. It was really pretty, and it was great fun. Even though it was confusing.

Yeah, don't feel bad about the mention Indigo. I mean, Satoshi cross-dresses for a scene. I doubt that would have gone over anybody's head. ;). But, fortuneately, I don't think it was sexual at all. I'm thinking he's trying to trigger a transformation in Dark by posing as a good looking woman. And he was a pretty good looking woman. Disturbing.

[spoiler=why girls should read this volume]
BTW, ladies, there's one cute little kiss. [/spoiler]

Mangafanatic

Postby Ducky » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:27 pm

Yay! I found volume one... and volume two so now I just have to hunt down volume three. The first two were great, Satoshi was awesome.
Ducky

Postby Kisa » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:13 pm

>< ahhh I just got 2!
*goes back to search, this time for volume 3*
*Mumbles* . . . it was worth it though ^^
Kisa

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews