Desert Coral

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Desert Coral

Postby Yeito » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:54 pm

Heya! Am I allowed to start this? e_e I hope so.. anyway...

I just finished reading the first volume of a new manga called 'Desert Coral'. It's actually a pretty cute story. I enjoyed it mostly.

The thing I wanted to mention though, was the rating. It is rated 'All ages' but while reading it I found various curse words. The girls' outfits ... I'm not sure if that means anything, but there were a good number of curse words.

Just thought that if someone saw it labeled 'all ages' decided to let a rather young person read it...they'd like to know that. vV;

I suppose its no big deal.... Just thought maybe I'd help someone out. v-V; *sigh* Night now.

Yeito :dizzy:
Yeito

Postby Xavier249 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:17 am

Hmm it sounds interesting, but where can I find it?

Also what company is producing it?
Thanks
We forget that . . . . . . . . . . .Our souls are the real blades of the fight. ~ RBHS

'cause guys like this one here show up. . . I keep coming back!!! ~Shizuma Kusanagi
Knight of the CAA

The Rise and Fall of the Dragons Moon.

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

If I am not posting, sorry. . . I am too much of an activity junkie, currently probably hanging out with/teaching japanese exchange students. :sweat:
Xavier249

Postby Yeito » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:42 pm

...*goes to look at book* ADV Manga.

Yah.. it is good. My friend got it at WaldenBooks. o.o

Yeito

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:03 pm

What's it about? I'm taking a REALLY long car trip and I need to buy something to read.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Yeito » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:06 pm

It's about this guy.. and when he's asleep, he dreams of another world. He watches the people in this other world alot. Then one day... he is brought into that world as a summoned monster. The girl.. (forgot her name) had summoned him into her world. His mind was taken from his body in the real world. It's about how he wants to go home, but then he finds that he could help.

Basically anyway. It is a good book. I just wanted to tell people that even though its rated 'all' theres still some curse words. Not a lot to where you're like.. "oh my goodness!" But still a good few.

So anyway.. if that didn't help.. I'll try to look it up and give a link or something. Aveinto

Yeito

Postby Xavier249 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:19 pm

Desert coral is sounding more interesting by the second. . .

Odd question, but is the girl cute? Pretty? or scary? :P
We forget that . . . . . . . . . . .Our souls are the real blades of the fight. ~ RBHS

'cause guys like this one here show up. . . I keep coming back!!! ~Shizuma Kusanagi
Knight of the CAA

The Rise and Fall of the Dragons Moon.

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

If I am not posting, sorry. . . I am too much of an activity junkie, currently probably hanging out with/teaching japanese exchange students. :sweat:
Xavier249

Postby MasterDias » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:55 pm

I think I flipped through this title a little bit while I was in the store awhile back. I didn't see enough of it to form a valid opinion however.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Yeito » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:04 pm

The girl.. she's pretty I guess. Not scary. Funny sure. She's got long pink hair. She's wearing extremely short shorts and not much of a shirt. But thats just my opinion. Doesn't change the fact that the story line itself was pretty good.

Yeito

Postby DaughterOfZion » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:14 am

does anyone know the male elphis's name.the one with the elphis dura?
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews