Whats bad about Naruto

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Whats bad about Naruto

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:37 pm

Naruto...I dont consisder Blood and violence bad what i mean is stuff like vularities, nudity, and etc....If all goes well I'll get into this book.
Solid Ronin

Postby Lady Arianrod » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:32 pm

Thanks for asking a question about an anime before you watch it. I'm a Christian and a Naruto fan. I don't have too many problems with the series, but I'll warn you about a few story elements that might bother you.

Naruto has quite a few mild curses throughout the episodes and manga. The Shonen Jump edition includes "h*ll", "d*mn", "*ss", and "b*stard". Most are used to show anger in battle, etc. These aren't too troublesome, but they can get a little annoying.

There is no actual sex in the series. There are characters who write romance novels (no details are given), characters who spy on public hotsprings (nothing is shown at all), and men who react strongly to Naruto's joke attack of forming a naked woman. While this might sound pretty extreme, the men who react to this female form are portrayed as goofy and lewd. They are human and are, naturally, nervous around the site of a naked girl. There is no visible nudity, however. Naruto usually hides behind a cloud of smoke when he appears as the "Sexy no Jutsu".

There are a few other moments that have references to demons/monsters. These scenes aren't too bothersome, but there are one or two characters that have an evil spirit that can control their mind. It's basically like Bakura in Yu-Gi-Oh; a dark side appears and takes over the person's body. This doesn't ruin the series for me, but it can get pretty dark at times.

All in all, Naruto is a good manga. It's not the best, but it does have great messages of belonging and fighting on a team rather than for one's self. The artist/author contrasts the "good" characters from the "bad" ones very clearly, saying that protecting other people is noble and honorable. Naruto also has great characters that are genuinely interesting and fun to watch as they fight and grow up.

I've been turning away from the series lately because it's so addictive (I read the manga & watch the anime almost every new week), and because it's getting depressing. The main story is bright and fun, but there are some realistic dramatic moments.

So, give Naruto a try. If the spiritual elements get to you or if the story just isn't your type (it's similar to Dragon Ball Z in later parts), then just pass it on. There are better animes out there, but Naruto is worth it. Just don't get addicted... it really can become serious if that happens.

Sorry if I got preachy... I just had to go through weeks of waiting for new episodes... it was crazy.

Have fun!
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:39 pm

[quote="Lady Arianrod"]Thanks for asking a question about an anime before you watch it. I'm a Christian and a Naruto fan. I don't have too many problems with the series, but I'll warn you about a few story elements that might bother you.

Naruto has quite a few mild curses throughout the episodes and manga. The Shonen Jump edition includes "h*ll", "d*mn", "*ss", and "b*stard". Most are used to show anger in battle, etc. These aren't too troublesome, but they can get a little annoying.

There is no actual sex in the series. There are characters who write romance novels (no details are given), characters who spy on public hotsprings (nothing is shown at all), and men who react strongly to Naruto's joke attack of forming a naked woman. While this might sound pretty extreme, the men who react to this female form are portrayed as goofy and lewd. They are human and are, naturally, nervous around the site of a naked girl. There is no visible nudity, however. Naruto usually hides behind a cloud of smoke when he appears as the "Sexy no Jutsu".

There are a few other moments that have references to demons/monsters. These scenes aren't too bothersome, but there are one or two characters that have an evil spirit that can control their mind. It's basically like Bakura in Yu-Gi-Oh]

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!I was wonder if anyone would post....from what you have told me...I...will.....Buy....Naruto...thank you once again.
Solid Ronin

Postby Lady Arianrod » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:45 pm

You're welcome. ^___^

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:25 am

Allow me to amend her comments by saying that the "demons" in the series have no real demonic qualitites. They could be called "ogres" and nothing would change.

At the moment it is my favorite manga. The quality is excellent in many ways.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lady Arianrod » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:36 am

You're right, uc pseudonym. The demons are more like vicious monsters. They do have an ominous presence when they appear in the Naruto anime, but they don't represent spiritual darkness.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Lady Arianrod

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:55 am

Well I got Naruto vol. 1 I must say I love it! Its so funny in fact if it keeps this up it'll bump Rurouni Kenshin outta my favorite manga
Solid Ronin

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:43 am

Naruto is my current favorite manga. It has awesome battles, a awesome storyline, fun characters, and extremely funny at times.

Lady Arianrod pretty much sumed it up. The "Sexy no Jitsu (Ninja Centerfold)" is the only thing wrong sexually with it granted thier is no nudity (the body is mostly covered in smoke) however you might want to watch out for the "Ninja Harem" where Naruto uses his "Art of the Doppelganger" and then his Sexy no Jitsu (Ninja Centerfold).

Other than taht, the manga is very enjoyable, funny, and a most read for any manga fan.

(Haku ownz you all!)
Hitokiri

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:53 am

I read it in June's shonen jump. Soo funny! "They're...they're almost alive! They're like caterpillars! They're UBER BROWS!" :lol:
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:52 am

"I've found you!"
"No I foudn YOU nosebleed!"

"YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pass <3"
Hitokiri

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:00 pm

Heart of Sword wrote:I read it in June's shonen jump. Soo funny! "They're...they're almost alive! They're like caterpillars! They're UBER BROWS!" :lol:

Strangely enough, the line I find funniest in that entire issue is "Doesn't it give you a warm, fuzzy feeling?" coupled with Naruto's expression. The makes the scene even more bizarre (and thus funnier), adding a sunset behind Lee and Gai.

However, what is in my opinion the funniest Naruto line will be coming up in the next issue of Shonen Jump. Naruto says it. After it comes out, I'll be interested to see if anyone can guess what I'm referring to.
uc pseudonym

Postby Itachi » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:34 pm

I just LOVE it ALL
BEWARE of Itachi
Pink Dancer!!!- sister(consiter our selves sisters) :hug:
favorite parings
Naruto.........
1)SakuraxSasuke :sweat:
2)HinataxNaruto :jump:
3)TenTenxNeji :rock:
4)InoxShikamaru :cool:
5)HinataxKiba (don't ask) :sweat:
"I must of got'en lost on the path of life"-Kakashi
"How troublesome"-Shikamaru
"I'm going to be the future Hokage"-Naruto
In every quizilla quiz on Naruto i'm........
hinata :angel:
itachi !!
gaara ????
" There is nothig you can say that will take me away from this life. There is nothig you can do to Shut me Up when I'm speeking the Truth."- Kutless
Thousand Foot Krutch favorite songs
1)move :rock:
2)the art of breaking :rock:
3)rawkfist :rock:
Itachi

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews