What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:53 am

Working on finishing Trigun & also watching: Your Lie in April, Aldnoah.Zero
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Postby Cat96 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:02 am

Gurren Lagann episode 21 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I was not expecting Yoko to become a teacher, but man was she awesome when she fought those gunman. Also, I can't wait to see the next episode. I had seen it yesterday on Toonami, and now I can finally understand what's going on.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby courtliza » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Kaze no Stigma episode 5
courtliza

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Kamisama Hajimemashita season 2 episode 6

Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight Episode 21-27

Finally finished that series. There were parts of the original I like better, though apparently CotHK follows the source material more closely. Either way I like some of the character designs better in RoLW OVA. This wins for better opening song however.

CinniScrib

Postby Cat96 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:14 am

Yona of the Dawn episode 18

Finished Gurren Lagann
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Akatsuki no Yona episode 19

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Akatsuki no Yona ep 18 - Yaerg!!! I have to wait a week for the next episode. :'(
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:39 pm

skreyola wrote:Akatsuki no Yona ep 18 - Yaerg!!! I have to wait a week for the next episode. :'(

ikr? The wait nearly kills me. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The Green Dragon is hilarious though. I can't figure out of he just really likes beautiful things/people, or if he's gay (he has said some stuff to Hak that can be taken the wrong way). Poor Hak. xD Poor Shin-ah, not being able to go to town. And that captain lady had to take his mask off. xD I felt so bad for him. Seriously, the comedy and drama are so well blended that its amazing.

One Piece episode 62
Cat96

Postby skreyola » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Cat96 wrote:
skreyola wrote:Akatsuki no Yona ep 18 - Yaerg!!! I have to wait a week for the next episode. :'(

ikr? The wait nearly kills me. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The Green Dragon is hilarious though. I can't figure out of he just really likes beautiful things/people, or if he's gay (he has said some stuff to Hak that can be taken the wrong way). Poor Hak. xD Poor Shin-ah, not being able to go to town. And that captain lady had to take his mask off. xD I felt so bad for him. Seriously, the comedy and drama are so well blended that its amazing.

Personally, I think he's not. He just SPOILER: Highlight text to read: says things without thinking about how they sound. In the previous episode, he made it pretty clear he was thinking only of having this awesome fighter by his side. But what I don't get is why Yona didn't say, "I'm okay with the bow."

Sabagebu ep. 3 - I'm not sure how much more of this I will watch. It has its moments, but the show overall is pretty uninspired.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby NekoNinja16 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:05 am

One Week Friends, I just saw episode 9.
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby artisticDreamer » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Finished Lucky Star
Serial Experiments Lain ep. 6
Ouran High School Host Club ep. 10-11
Death Note ep. 17
Black Butler ep. 1-7 *maniacal laughter*
artisticDreamer

Postby NekoNinja16 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:11 pm

I have now finished One Week Friends. (Isshuukan Friends) It was very sweet. <3
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby Nocturnalux » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Sket Dance episodes-47-49
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: For being a comedy, Sket Dance really knows how to deliver really intense drama, especially with the backstories of our leads. Himeko's case is a great example and Switch's may go down in history as one of the most impressive tragedy pasts, ever, surpassing many, many serious anime out there. So now it is Bossun's turn, our main character who also turns out to have a true sob story for a background. Except this time it may be a bit too much. I am fine with 'everyone has a sad background' but Bossun's is a series of really unlikely events all combining to turn him into an orphan whose parents die in the same day but in completely different circumstances: the father is run over by a car while trying to save a little kid and the mother dies while giving birth to him so thatupon turning 15 he finds out that he was adopted. And then the series almost jumps the shark by adding a twin brother to Bossum in...Tsubaki. How that came about is a tad strange and really, really unlikely. I have a feeling the mangaka was not planning on pushing for this development until the very last moment and it shows.
With that said, Bossun's arc is still very well handled and shows what his motivation was for starting Sket Dance in the first place.

Over Drive episode 24
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The race is over, Yousuke wins. But more important were the introspective with each character reflecting on what riding a bike means to them. That might have been the highlight of the entire series so far and this could very well have been the final episode but there are still two more to go. I actually like how Shinozaki barely finished the race and does so a long time after the winner and leading pack. In most sports anime the main character has sudden bursts of energy that either allow him to win or come very, very close even if they are absolute beginners. But Over Drive has enough sense to know that anyone who only learned how to ride a bike a month prior is simply not ready to handle a 186 kms race. The insane length of the race is a bit strange, too. It's a citizen event not even aimed at professionals, Hyoudou is actually the only pro in the entire thing. There are a few teams but even our heroes' team of 4 does not follow typical cycling protocol of 6 members.
Shinozaki has his mental bubble before collapsing right after crossing the goal line and it really develops his character. Yamato (I get it, he's a climber but needs his name be Yamato? Then again...Onoda Sakamichi takes the cake) is revealed to hate his cyclist father for apparently being the absent parent who did not even care for his wife as she was sick, unnamed disase kills mother trope.
Nocturnalux

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Black Butler ep. 8-10
Ouran High School Host Club ep 12
Serial Experiment Lain ep 7
artisticDreamer

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Shirobako ep 19

Sanzoku no Ronja ep 20

CinniScrib

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:14 pm

NekoNinja16 wrote:I have now finished One Week Friends. (Isshuukan Friends) It was very sweet. <3

Ooooh, I forgot about this one! I really need to get back to it.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Pandora Hearts: Ep. 7 - This is fun. That is all XD

Avatar the last Airbender: book Fire - this is a fun, tense, and amazing finale to the series. Of course, the mangas go on, along with the following series, but when are they gonna animate the stories of like, say The Search?

Kaichou wa Maid-sama: Ep 20 - this...is funny. I really have no words to describe these shenanigans...
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Beyond the Boundary episode 6.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episode 21 - Mustang is seriously becoming one of my favorite anime characters of all time.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Sailor Moon Crystal episode 14, 15 and 16.

Naruto Shippuden episode 263
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Nanatsu no Taizai episode 19

CinniScrib

Postby Rolarin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:41 am

Currently making my way through Hikaru no Go. I can't believe it's taking me this long to get around to watching it Haha.
Rolarin

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Been watching How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend as it airs. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone else due to some occasional fits of fan service and sexually suggestive stuff, but the potential romances are cute. It has some interesting things to say about the creative process regarding games, anime, or anything else. It hits me really close to home every time it says something about never actually putting any work into creation rather than just being a consumer of art and putting half-hearted, poorly implemented works out when you do actually "try."

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Zeke365 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 am

1.CLAMP School Detectives (dub)
2.Little Busters! (Dub)
3.Red Data Girl (dub) just finished
4.One Piece (fumation dub)
5.Aria the Origination
6.Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
7.Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
8.Seitokai no Ichizon
9.Shugo Chara
10.Tokimeki Memorial Only Love
11.Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

that what I have been watching
Zeke365

Postby Cat96 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Yona of the Dawn episode 19
Cat96

Postby skreyola » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:27 pm

Log Horizon ep. 4 - There's just one thing I wanna know. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Is Serara gonna ding from killing that Lvl 90? I know... probably don't get XP for PKs, but he dropped loot, so maybe PKs give XP, too.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:10 am

Sanzoku no Musume Ronja episode 21

Akatsuki no Yona episode 20

Kamisama Hajimemashita season 2 episode 7

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 pm

Log Horizon ep. 10 - Another great episode. I wonder if SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the ring gates are actually not shut down but, since nobody has visited two different gates since the Apocalypse, are not yet available to anyone. That would be an interesting discovery. If you know the answer, you can spoil it with just yes or no, but please don't say more than that. :)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Shirobako ep 20

CinniScrib

Postby MangaRocks! » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise movie (sub):

I enjoyed this immensely. :jump:

That said, before I get into what I loved about it, I do have to give a content warning note that there is a bit of detailed female nudity in this, split between two scenes in the beginning (it ends up being maybe less than two minutes total onscreen?)-- first while Angela is flying through a section of the digital dataspace, and then also when she's growing a physical body for herself to use to SPOILER: Highlight text to read: track down the hacker on Earth-- and there's some fanservice with her outfits/etc., too. :sweat: Also, while the cel-shaded 3DCG that this movie was made with was beautifully designed in terms of art, its actual animation in motion is more than a bit awkward-looking when it comes to the human characters' movements; however, you do kinda get used to it after a while, and one big upside is that it certainly enables the action scenes to be very dynamic indeed (...and totally fantastic, IMO). :thumb:

And now that the caveats are out of the way, let's get on to the good stuff: The aforementioned awesome action scenes make up one great point; and making up another are the interactions/conversations/growth between the MC's, which is what actually drives most of the movie. Indeed, that aspect is so good, it can make just about any scene interesting, no matter what any of them are (or are not) doing. (One, of many, examples: Even though it was completely obvious that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: 'Frontier Setter' was going to turn out to be SPOILER: Highlight text to read: a sentient AI, the reactions of/interactions with the other MC's after the 'reveal' were completely adorable, and I wasn't originally expecting that. <3 :) ) (...Basically, pretty much all of this.)

To sum it up: The unfortunate minute-or-two of nudity (and Angela's outfits :P ) aside, this was really good-- in fact, it's pretty much a perfect little sci-fi film-- and it's one I'll certainly be rewatching. :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby skreyola » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Shirobako ep. 19 - The SPOILER: Highlight text to read: trip to Musashino Pictures was beautiful. I love how this show gives love to the old ways without, to paraphrase someone on another forum, wallowing in them or dismissing the new methods This show continually delivers a compelling story with interesting information about the world of animation production. If you aren't watching this yet, you should put it at the top of your what-to-watch-next list.
Anime List
skreyola

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews