What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:32 pm

Finished Black Blood Brothers--Cool show. I finished it about a week ago now, so I'm not gonna write up anything detailed on it.

Favorite characters: Jirou Mochizuki, Mimiko Katsuragi, Cain Warlock

Art/Visuals: 7.8/10
Story: 8/10
Characters: 8.3/10
Enjoyment: 9/10
Overall: 8/10

I've also watched:

Up to episode 10 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood--Its pretty cool so far; I'm just looking forward to where it starts covering the material the first show didn't.

Beyond the Boundary episode 3.

Aquarion Evol episode 15--kinda got stalled on this for a little while, but I should be able to consistently watch it now.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Sanzoku no Musume Ronya episode 18

Kamisama Hajimemashita (Kamisama Kiss) season 2 episode 4

Finished watching "Sorcerous Stabber Orphen"... I honestly didn't know what to expect with the series. It's an older anime (from the early 2000s) and I had only ever seen the first maybe 5? episodes but had stopped watching it. This was basically me going back to try to finish it (which I need to do the same to 12 Kingdoms and Guin Saga). I know they have a second season "Revenge" but I don't know if I'll get around to it, we'll see. The anime had its funny parts, its serious moments and heart breaking. But some "???" moments, especially the end resolution with two character's existence.

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:10 pm

samurai flamenco - Ep. 8: up until the last episode, i was really enjoying the mundane superhero conceit. things have gotten weird in the last two episodes, and I'm not sure I like the direction the show is going. I think they could have explored the mundane hero more thoroughly with mundane supervillains.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:54 pm

Casshern Sins

I started out really enjoying this; I like the story and the surprising lack of typical anime junk (thus far, at least). But about 5 episodes in it starts to get weird and discursive, like it forgot to have a storyline and the characters are just wandering aimlessly for no apparent reason. I feel like either this wasn't well done or I'm missing something. I'll stick with it because I don't necessarily dislike it, I'm just confused. And I'm fairly certain my favorite character's gonna die. Because that's just how it is.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby NekoNinja16 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:13 pm

I'm watching Special A.
So far it's really good. (to me at least)
(I'm new here and don't know what to do right now so I thought I'd post here, sorry if I'm interrupting something ^^" )
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:20 am

Akatsuki no Yona episode 17

CinniScrib

Postby Mouse2010 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:32 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Casshern Sins

I started out really enjoying this; I like the story and the surprising lack of typical anime junk (thus far, at least). But about 5 episodes in it starts to get weird and discursive, like it forgot to have a storyline and the characters are just wandering aimlessly for no apparent reason. I feel like either this wasn't well done or I'm missing something. I'll stick with it because I don't necessarily dislike it, I'm just confused. And I'm fairly certain my favorite character's gonna die. Because that's just how it is.

Casshern Sins is one of those shows that I started but lost interest in, put on hold, and kinda halfway want to finish. I don't know if I ever will go back, though, because at this point I don't remember enough of the plot or the back story. I'd probably have to rewatch the whole thing . . . and we were 15 episodes in, so that would be a lot of rewatching! What I loved about Casshern Sins was the beautiful animation and some of the stories. But on the whole, it was too slow-moving and episodic for me. There is definitely an overall plot, but it didn't really seem to progress fast enough for my tastes. Or maybe the show just didn't hook me.

Right now I'm watching something totally different ... Kamisama Kiss. I decided to watch the first season as quickly as I can so that I can watch Season 2. It feels predictable to me (when a new character showed up, I recognized immediately that he was a tengu, for example), but it's a lot of fun. I also really like both the OP theme and the ending theme.
Mouse2010

Postby Crossfire » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:45 pm

skreyola wrote:samurai flamenco - Ep. 8: up until the last episode, i was really enjoying the mundane superhero conceit. things have gotten weird in the last two episodes, and I'm not sure I like the direction the show is going. I think they could have explored the mundane hero more thoroughly with mundane supervillains.

Yeah, it gets even weirder as the series progresses. Although the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Super Sentai/Power Rangers part was pretty funny.

Anywho, finished Kino no Tabi last week. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Everyone dies at the end. 10/10
Crossfire

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:35 am

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood episode 16.

Beyond the Boundary episode 4--Really epic episode!

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:21 am

Also watching Tokyo Mew Mew, I'm almost at the end of the subs. (I watched the first half in dubs)

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

NekoNinja16

Postby skreyola » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:08 pm

NekoNinja16 wrote:Also watching Tokyo Mew Mew, I'm almost at the end of the subs. (I watched the first half in dubs)

Is that streaming somewhere?
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:31 am

Fairy Tail 2014 ep 44
I believe this episode was based on a mini chapter with Asuka so it's not a filler. It does seem familiar so I think so.

Ginatama ep 13

Just trying to find the place I left off since I started watching this back in like 2010 or something and dropped it.

Shirobako ep 1-2

People have been talking about this and since it's a good portrayal of how the animation industry works (or rather any tight schedule project) that depicts how it realistically happens it's a good learning anime. I already want to murder one character for over estimating his abilities and not asking for help earlier, causing a major wrench to be thrown in the projection. It takes one to ruin the flow and quality, in any work place. So relate to this with waiting on another team member.

CinniScrib

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:53 pm

@skreyola: No, I've just been watching it on YouTube.

NekoNinja16

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:41 am

Shirobako ep 3

Nanatsu no Taizai ep 16-17

Sanzoku no Musume Ronja episode 19

Kamisama Hajimemashita season 2 episode 5

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:11 am

Shirobako episode 4-6

CinniScrib

Postby Mouse2010 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:56 am

Finished up Kamisama Kiss, season 1! I really liked this show, but I am not sure that I could say why. In some ways, it seems like a shojo version of Noragami, which I absolutely loved. Kamisama Kiss has less action and more relationship focus, but that worked for this story. I really liked the ending -- the kagura dance was beautiful. The festival scenes were a bit cheesy, but was it just me, or did they introduce a new character at the last minute?

I started Season 2 already. I don't like the opening and ending theme music as much, but I more or less expected that. I hope to get caught up soon. Oh, and I think my "did they introduce a new character?" question has already been answered in the affirmative. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out, especially since this seems to be SPOILER: Highlight text to read: a yokai who became human. If that's really the case, it raises all kinds of possibilities for Tomoe.
Mouse2010

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Mouse2010 wrote:Finished up Kamisama Kiss, season 1! I really liked this show, but I am not sure that I could say why. In some ways, it seems like a shojo version of Noragami, which I absolutely loved. Kamisama Kiss has less action and more relationship focus, but that worked for this story. I really liked the ending -- the kagura dance was beautiful. The festival scenes were a bit cheesy, but was it just me, or did they introduce a new character at the last minute?

I started Season 2 already. I don't like the opening and ending theme music as much, but I more or less expected that. I hope to get caught up soon. Oh, and I think my "did they introduce a new character?" question has already been answered in the affirmative. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out, especially since this seems to be SPOILER: Highlight text to read: a yokai who became human. If that's really the case, it raises all kinds of possibilities for Tomoe.

Don't know how much of a manga reader you are, but the show is based on a manga (it's not an original anime) so you can catch up to the manga to know what's going on. :) Then again it can spoil what's going to happen in the anime but there are times the anime differentiates from the source material.

--
Akatsuki no Yona episode 18

I'm dying waiting for the next manga chapter to come out so I'm pacing when waiting for a new anime episode, lol

Shirobako ep 7-8

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:29 am

Shirobako ep 9-17
Last edited by CinniScrib on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Shirobako ep 17: Dang!!! I want to watch the show they're making. That PV was like something for a Miyazaki film! Excellent job, PAWorks/Sentai!
In other news, I wonder how long it will be before SPOILER: Highlight text to read: someone murders Editor-san. I would not cry one bit.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:24 pm

skreyola wrote:Shirobako ep 17: Dang!!! I want to watch the show they're making. That PV was like something for a Miyazaki film! Excellent job, PAWorks/Sentai!
In other news, I wonder how long it will be before SPOILER: Highlight text to read: someone murders Editor-san. I would not cry one bit.

I know! I wish we saw more of the animes they make in the show but I'll take the snap shots.

And I agree with you on that one. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: that Editor is so frustrating. His "funny story" catchphrase makes me want to murder him because of that lame excuse and flimsy attitude

Shirobako ep 18
I'm all caught up now!! I was recommended this show since the whole "anime production" deal really is like how the film/entertainment industry is. Also I have the same role as Aoi as a Production Assistant, just not for an animation project but instead a VN.

Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight Episode 20

CinniScrib

Postby nillapoet » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:56 am

Season two of A Certain Scientific Railgun.
nillapoet

Postby Xeno » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:27 am

I have decided to subject myself to the Pokemon series. I'm about halfway through the indigo league after two days.
Xeno

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood episode 18.

Beyond the Boundary episode 5.

Thunderscream872

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Watched お姉ちゃんが来た! recently. It's amusing and cute, but I'm not quite sure how to feel about it. They pack quite a bit of ブラコン and シスコン nonsense into each little three minute episode. All in good fun, I suppose.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Xeno wrote:I have decided to subject myself to the Pokemon series. I'm about halfway through the indigo league after two days.

Are you gonna give up after a certain number of seasons, or try and stick it out and watch all of it? There's like... 17 seasons man, and over 500 episodes. At least.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Xeno » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Mullet Death wrote:
Xeno wrote:I have decided to subject myself to the Pokemon series. I'm about halfway through the indigo league after two days.

Are you gonna give up after a certain number of seasons, or try and stick it out and watch all of it? There's like... 17 seasons man, and over 500 episodes. At least.

There are 800+ episodes at this point. The plan is to run this thing until I'm either caught up with the show, or go absolutely insane.
Xeno

Postby Cat96 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Currently watching Gurren Lagann episode 7. I decided to skip the hot tub episode because I didn't want to see all the fanservice I hear is in it. Is there anything that I need to know that was in the previous episode?
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:13 pm

Cat96 wrote:Currently watching Gurren Lagann episode 7. I decided to skip the hot tub episode because I didn't want to see all the fanservice I hear is in it. Is there anything that I need to know that was in the previous episode?

IIRC ...
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It's all a contrived scenario to open the next episode with our heroes cornered sans mecha (and pants). I don't remember anything else that happens beyond the first appearance of that old guy and he's a minor character.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Cat96 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:19 pm

MomentOfInertia wrote:
Cat96 wrote:Currently watching Gurren Lagann episode 7. I decided to skip the hot tub episode because I didn't want to see all the fanservice I hear is in it. Is there anything that I need to know that was in the previous episode?

IIRC ...
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It's all a contrived scenario to open the next episode with our heroes cornered sans mecha (and pants). I don't remember anything else that happens beyond the first appearance of that old guy and he's a minor character.

Thank you so much. The series is pretty exciting so far, though less fanservice would've been nice.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:00 am

Nanatsu no Taizai episode 18

CinniScrib

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews