What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:41 am

Fairy Tail 2014 24: How on earth did Erza SPOILER: Highlight text to read: pull Happy and two other Exceeds out of her, um... shirt? O_o Did she requip them? And awww, poor Juvia... :'( Other than that, lots of good stuff in this episode, kabo.

Free Season 2 Episode 2

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Fairy Tail 2014 24: How on earth did Erza SPOILER: Highlight text to read: pull Happy and two other Exceeds out of her, um... shirt? O_o Did she requip them? And awww, poor Juvia... :'( Other than that, lots of good stuff in this episode, kabo.

At this point SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I can't even question the logic of anime especially if magic is involved. Just... whyyyyy though besides hitting the "fanservice" button.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun episode 11
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Poor Ken! He puts up with so much but Nozaki had a bad experience with his previous editor. Poor Sakura with all the suprises, haha. BUT MIKOSHIBA GUESSING WRONG ABOUT WAKA, BWAHAH! "he seems slow" "I'M ON THE BASKETBALL TEAM! *sparkles*" *is blinded* And him trying to cover that he and Nozaki play otaku dating sim games bwahaa. And then Nozaki feel asleep before them all fail bwha
Nooo the series is ending next episode!? D8

Captain Earth episode 24
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: AMBUSH WITH EVERYONE. SURPRISE SINCE WE'RE NEAR THE END OF THE ANIME! AND PUCK! How did you get all the way out there!? KILL IT ALREADY! Unite and kill that giant digital-being booger! But seriously, they give away major spoilers of events in the summary of the episode? PEOPLE GOING TO DIIIE

Space Dandy Season 2 episode 11
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: 2D universe!! I love the pixel art and references to 80's to early 90's video games.

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:18 am

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders ep 24 END FOR NOW: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I laughed really hard when they were getting ready to dive and everyone is still in their ridiculously long coats, complete with chains and who knows what else. The Priestess was pretty fun in the end, I didn't care for her much in the last ep.

Captain Earth ep 24: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I hope Puck wins. Seriously how did they manage to make his completely inevitable betrayal seem like it came out of nowhere. Teppei's convenient new power is shamelessly deus ex machina, they don't even bother hiding it and it would be nice if by the last episode someone could get some clothes on Hana. *facepalm*

Haikyuu!! ep 24: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: T_T Nooo only one episode left.

Sailor Moon ep 37 - 38: It was cool that Venus immediately questions what a "proper" princess is anyway and why Usagi has to be that. I'm already liking her a lot. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: These eps have basically been a contest between the Guardians being dense enough to fall for Kunzite's obvious traps and him/the youma being too dense to realise Sailor Moon's identity, when she's right there in front of them. Now that I think about it, doesn't Tuxedo Mask already know who she is, or did he lose his memories when turning evil?

Hyouka ep 5 - 6: Still continuing my extremely slow rewatch of this. I'll possibly speed up once I hit the non-single-episode arcs.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Free ES Episode 9. I found parts of that kinda dumb. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Granted, I can relate to Haru not knowing what to do with his life, certainly more than anything else in the show, but the way he reacted seemed ignorant to me. The scene made it seem like Rin was in the wrong for getting on to Haru for giving up in the middle of the race, but it's not like Rin didn't have a point. If Haru is so concerned with living his life his way then he could have just told the scouts no or something. Instead, we get that and the "I only swim for Nakama" speech. I'm eager to find out what happens with Sousuke's shoulder thing though.

Mullet Death

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:03 am

Episode 38 of Bleach.

Episode 11 of Fate/Zero.

Episode 11 of Blast of Tempest.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:35 pm

GeneD wrote:Captain Earth ep 24: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I hope Puck wins. Seriously how did they manage to make his completely inevitable betrayal seem like it came out of nowhere. Teppei's convenient new power is shamelessly deus ex machina, they don't even bother hiding it and it would be nice if by the last episode someone could get some clothes on Hana. *facepalm*

HAHA SPOILER: Highlight text to read: You are so right. Puck has been in it for himself/itsself since the beginning. The two head Kiltgangs knew Puck was "on" their side, and was playing the humans. But Puck has had it out for everyone since pretty much the episode it was introduced. Seriously though, how did Puck go to the Cocoon? Did I miss that? Or did it some how infiltrate the Goodman machines so it transferred to the main ship?
And I agree about Hana. They're totally catering for perverted fan points. Really it's necessary for her to have NO CLOTHES on when she's in that thing (when she was younger, it makes sense, she was created and left that way). But especially the boob and body shots, like. really?

Free! Season 2 ep 12
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: OMogsh the Australian airport guy and then Rin speaking English. The voices for English are really good, sounds like fluent English speakers, even with the Australian accent. I remember just a few years ago typically when a character spoke English as a native speaker character it still sounded off. Still does when characters randomly spout English or German or French words. I guess it depends on the company and what VAs they have available to do the lines; this is the first time I've heard non-Japanese accented foreign language in an anime. I saw English names in the credits so that's cool they were able to snag them!
I'm so glad we get a Rin-centric episode of him just being chill and a friend to Haru like they were in the past. Funny how it comes circle, here Rin lost his drive in Australia and now Haru has found his once he got there.
Looks like next episode is the series finale!

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Free ES Episode 12

The first season of the show left a bad taste in my mouth somehow, but I think this season is a lot better overall, even with its own share of mellowdrama and disappointments. Lots of great characters, especially Rei-chan and Nagisa-kun, and who doesn't love Momo? And a lot of the drama seemed a little more believable and relateable this time around, namely SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the stuff with Haru's career/life choices and Sousuke's injury and lost dream. Even if the resolutions of those conflicts aren't completely satisfactory, it's still better than the first season's "middle school friends who move away and become jerks are forever friends who we'll do anything to swim with again, because swimming with nakama" story (not sure how to describe it other than that...It was just, gaaah, whyyy?) Free ES has pleasantly surprised me.

Mullet Death

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:43 pm

First two episodes of Ghost in the Shell: arise.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Zankyou no terror and Tokyo ghoul (ep11) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: this show is insane.... I feel so bad for kaneki D: tortured til his hair turned white apparently
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:43 am

Nisekoi Episode 3

This anime is made significantly better by Hanazawa Kana's heavenly voice performance of Onodera. Oh man... Hanazawa Kana...

Mullet Death

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Ouran High School Host Club episodes 8-11

Still hilarious, still too disturbing for me to completely enjoy.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Denno Coil Episode 1-7
Kept seeing posts about this show on tumblr, namely of one amazing filler episode so I decided to check it out. It's nice way to kill some time and is original
Last edited by CinniScrib on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CinniScrib

Postby faithb4sight » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:56 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Ouran High School Host Club episodes 8-11

I was able to enjoy it once I realized they aren't serious at all. The jokes are all for show for the ladies. When the twins are away from all that, they act differently.
Hikaru actually wound up being my favorite character in the end. ~

I don't think I posted this before but I started Gurren Lagann. It's, umm... odd?
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Denno Coil episode 8
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Part of me wants to shake Daichi. He has a crush but he's going about it wrong and plus he does at times mean to be really malicious. Mainly I'm headdesking over this anime pulling the classic excuse of why a boy is mean to a girl is because "he likes her". It just excuses the behavior and there are times that's not the case, ugh. Even so you teach them how to show it better than be annoying or mean spirited.

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:10 am

Denno Coil episode 9-20

So episode 11 is the one I saw gifs of on tumblr that got me interested in the show. Episode 12 is amusing but an obvious filler episode. Meanwhile episode 14 is mainly a recap episode with some new animation segments; mainly skip toward the last 7 minutes because all Akira is doing is talking about some characters, complaining about his sister Fumie and what girl types he likes then we get new stuff that is important for the story.

Denno Coil ep 21
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Things are getting serious! Man! Poor Isako! Those kids are horrible and the teacher is clueless. I wanna punch the conspirator in the face and hope his spy-pet gets deleted.

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Nisekoi Episode 20... umm, that wasn't the end of the show, right!? I DEMAND SOME KIND OF CLOSURE!

Mullet Death

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Denno Coil ep 22-26
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ugh seriously got tired of Sosuke's double plays and in-it-to-win-it mentality. He doesn't care if he drags more people down, his poor little brother. So caught up in revenge he's willing to hurt other people to bring the bad guys down, even others not involved. But how sweet Yuko as a little girl got to meet her Grandpa in the Other Space. My only complaint was the very light touching on Yuko's bullying and apparently failing her best friend in the other city. So vague.
Good original anime. Only 2 episodes were meh but still interesting to watch. It deals with loss and also the whole virtual vs real/touchable argument. Great twists though and all the action and plot was "possible" with real life and science fiction! I recommend the anime :) Good super-natural slice of life.

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 25
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Old lady Ultear! I believe they expanded way more for her here in the anime than in the manga; I can't remember. I think in the manga it's just the bit at the end with the carriage. That's the end of the Magic Games arc

CinniScrib

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Sailor Moon Season 3 (S) Episode 26. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So far I've learned what the Talismans are, who the three Chosen Ones are, and am a little confused as to who the Messiah is. It was indicated to be Sailor Moon but then it was later said that she wasn't the Messiah and that Sailor Uranus didn't believe in her powers. I have an idea of who the Evil One is (The Dark Messiah) but am not sure as of yet why Hotaru harnesses the powers that she has in correlation to that of the Messiah but know it has something to do with her awakening as Sailor Saturn. I'm probably going into too much detail for those who haven't seen it but then I think ... who hasn't watched Sailor Moon by now? x)
Last edited by TsubasaKamen on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Tsubasakamen, I've never seen a single episode of Sailor Moon, so it can't be that uncommon to have nver seen it. Wrap important text in a spoiler tag.

Started watching Barakamon tonight and I love it as much as I thought I would :D

Mullet Death

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Tsubasakamen, I've never seen a single episode of Sailor Moon, so it can't be that uncommon to have nver seen it. Wrap important text in a spoiler tag.

Started watching Barakamon tonight and I love it as much as I thought I would :D

My apologies, I was a little ignorant to think that everyone has seen Sailor Moon. I put up a Spoiler Tag Warning. :)
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby Cat96 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Heaven's Memo Pad episode 11. I only watched the first three at an anime club and I somehow got talked into checking it out at the library, where anime/manga club is held. It's pretty interesting, almost makes me want to watch more mystery anime.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun episode 12
Waaah the end of the anime. I hope they have a season 2 but currently it doesn't look like they will be. At least the manga is still on-going.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: This episode was so good though. A good way to leave off with the anime though the fireworks... uugh Nozaki. But they hinted about his brother by giving him a cameo walking by so possibly a sequel anime? Otherwise just get viewers interested in the manga and recognized characters who later appears. But Kashima holding up Hori above the crowd bwahha. Waka is so clueless and dramatic omogsh, poor guy.

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 12: I've never felt so hurt by an episode. It's amazing how emotionally invested I was in SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Nozaki reciprocating Chiyo's love and passionately kissing her to be a good "ending" to the anime. So when he just said 「私も好きだ…花火」in response to her accidental 「...好きだよ。」 (I'm 99% sure that's what was said) it was easily my biggest anime letdown of the year. A unsatisfying, bittersweet ending to a spectacular show, if this really is the last we ever see of it.

Mullet Death

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:23 pm

@Mullet Death: That was never the point of the series, though, so I think your expectations might have been a tad too high there... :sweat:

Also, the manga is still ongoing, so it's always possible that there may still be some progress in that aspect yet at some point in the story. :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:21 am

Space Dandy Season 2 Episode 12
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kinda a crazy episode that was eh. Different since it was a court cause but it wasn't thrilling or funny just REALLY!? With Dandy sleeping that long, that was more of a headdesk/facepalm then something to laugh at.
Next episode is series finale

CinniScrib

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Episode 13 of Blast of Tempest.

Episode 12 of Fate/Zero. Really should jot a couple things down when I'm watching these. I feel kinda generic just posting that I watched the episode, but I don't normally post on here right after I finish an episode, so yeah...

Space Dandy season 2 is coming to an end--gotta get caught up on that. Does anyone know if its getting a third season?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby IPv4 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Im currently not watching any anime.
IPv4

Postby GeneD » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:56 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Ouran High School Host Club episodes 8-11

I don't know if your problem is just with the twins, but I felt the same way when I watched it. For me, the twins' act didn't bother me at all, but the whole concept of a host in general didn't sit well with me. I couldn't help but see it as super manipulative of the girls attending the club and, well I'm just gonna say it, it feels like a sort of emotional prostitution if that makes sense. Regardless, and maybe it invalidates what I just said, I gave it a high score and bought the dvd's because it's funny, and I tend to give a big pass to anything that makes me laugh a lot.

Mullet Death wrote:Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 12: I've never felt so hurt by an episode. It's amazing how emotionally invested I was in SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Nozaki reciprocating Chiyo's love and passionately kissing her to be a good "ending" to the anime. So when he just said 「私も好きだ…花火」in response to her accidental 「...好きだよ。」 (I'm 99% sure that's what was said) it was easily my biggest anime letdown of the year. A unsatisfying, bittersweet ending to a spectacular show, if this really is the last we ever see of it.

Aww, sorry you feel that way, Mullet Death. Since every other SPOILER: Highlight text to read: potentially "romantic" moment in the show was turned around/a cop out into something humorous/silly, I would have been more surprised if they did go with what you wanted. Not that I didn't want to see him confess too, that would have been wonderful. But in the end, like Chiyo, I could just laugh.

Haikyuu!! ep 25 END: I'm way sad that this is over, but yay I can now start reading the manga. I really enjoyed this and highly recommend it. Sure, it's not perfect and probably has a lot of sport show clichés that I miss because I haven't seen that many sports anime, but in terms of the amount of pure fun I had, 10/10. I loved all the characters, the pacing never felt off and the general happy, warm atmosphere reminds me a lot of Tsuritama, which, if you know me you'll know I'm completely in love with.

Captain Earth ep 25 END:
CinniScrib wrote: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Seriously though, how did Puck go to the Cocoon? Did I miss that? Or did it some how infiltrate the Goodman machines so it transferred to the main ship?

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: As far as I understand, Puck was always a part of the Cocoon and came down to Earth with the Kiltgang initially. I might be wrong though.

Anyway, I don't have much else to say besides in hindsight I shouldn't have bothered to stick with this until the end.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon ep 39 - 40: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I laugh because Endymion is the worst (read: counter-productive) bad guy ever. I know it's his love for Usagi and their connection that's interfering with his bad guy agenda, but it's still funny that he's almost more on their side/more helpful now than when he was just Tuxedo Mask. At least they confirmed that he lost his memory of Sailor Moon's identity when turning evil. I feel bad for Kunzite and am waiting for him to totally lose it with Endymion soon. Only 6 episodes left of the first season! I almost can't believe it, it's gone by so quickly.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Chronicler1701 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:46 am

Sword Art Online: episodes 1-25. That anime was really good! Anyone know where I can watch SAO2?
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby IPv4 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:47 am

Chronicler1701 wrote:Sword Art Online: episodes 1-25. That anime was really good! Anyone know where I can watch SAO2?

option #1: http://www.google.com

option #2: [mod snip: do not link to illegal streaming sites, please]

option #3: install google adblock and go to chrunchyroll (legal)

edit: according to the swedish police themselves watching streamed movies is legal.
Last edited by goldenspines on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: illegal streaming site linked.
IPv4

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews