What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Sheenar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:14 pm

Kimba the White Lion --episodes 1-5. My first time watching this series --really enjoying it so far (and Disney's The Lion King definitely borrowed heavily from this series).
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby skreyola » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Cat96 wrote:
skreyola wrote:Anohana is, indeed, a masterwork.

Yep it is. It is a show I plan to buy on DVD, because the show managed to work its way to the top of my list of shows that I must buy. I heard about the movie that serves as an epilogue, but I haven't seen it. Has it already come over to the U.S.?

It needed an epilogue? :)

@Sheenar: Where did you find Kimba?
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby LastLfan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:01 pm

Magi season one episode 10, just getting into this show but man is it great.
LastLfan

Postby Cat96 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:30 pm

skreyola wrote:
Cat96 wrote:

Yep it is. It is a show I plan to buy on DVD, because the show managed to work its way to the top of my list of shows that I must buy. I heard about the movie that serves as an epilogue, but I haven't seen it. Has it already come over to the U.S.?

It needed an epilogue? :)

I didn't think it needed one either, but apparently the movie takes place one year SPOILER: Highlight text to read: after the events of the final episode. I'm not sure if it's true, but I read that apparently the group all wrote letters to Menma. Oh, and I just looked it up. Apparently it is over here, I think. I saw the Blue-ray on Amazon. Pretty expensive though. The series is amazing, so I hope I can see the movie one day. :D
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Sheenar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:21 pm

skreyola wrote:
Cat96 wrote:

Netflix DVD plan. I have both streaming and DVD --and the Kimba series is available on DVD (where they mail you a DVD to watch, then you mail it back when you are done).

I've seen it listed on Amazon, but that's a bit out of my budget currently --was happy to find it on Netflix's DVD plan. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby GeneD » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:59 am

Cat96 wrote:One Week Friends Episode 5. I managed to find a site that also does content reviews, because the one for this anime wasn't posted till today and I just had to start it yesterday (I'm glad there is one now, I really appreciate getting a second opinion on the content) :D

Just a reminder, to you and anyone else, you're always welcome to post in the Review Requests thread asking if anyone can give you details on a show that's not in the reviews section yet. Especially if the show has recently aired, it might take a while for a review to go up, but chances are someone will be able to give you a brief idea of what kind of content to expect.

Glad to hear you liked One Week Friends, it's lovely.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:02 am

I finally got around to finishing Clannad After Story (all the OVAs and extras and things). What a beautiful show :n_n:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Episode 35 of Bleach.

Episode 10 of Fate/Zero.

Episode 8 of Blast of Tempest.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby skreyola » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Sheenar wrote:
skreyola wrote:@Sheenar: Where did you find Kimba?

Netflix DVD plan. I have both streaming and DVD --and the Kimba series is available on DVD (where they mail you a DVD to

Okay. Thanks.

GeneD wrote:Just a reminder, to you and anyone else, you're always welcome to post in the Review Requests thread asking if anyone can give you details on a show that's not in the reviews section yet. Especially if the show has recently aired, it might take a while for a review to go up, but chances are someone will be able to give you a brief idea of what kind of content to expect.

Good point. Postings in the review thread are also more likely to get answered. This thread has periods of activity in which a question can get lost, while some of us check the review thread for questions to answer. :)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:37 am

Fairy Tail 2014 Episode 23
And so ends the conflict of that arc! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I think that's the closest we'll ever get to a full blown romance from any characters in this series. The playing of feelings can be hardcore but idk if we'll ever see people become an official couple. Lucy hugging Natsu is probably the closet we'll see to a deeper relationship; though Natsu hasn't got a romantic bone in his body, I see him caring but it's more on a familial level.

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Did I mention how much I loved Non Non Biyori? I mean, just watch this:
Non Non Biyori ~ baby Renge is mad: http://youtu.be/uKwvG5dmP3A
Can't wait for the next season.

Also One Piece 363.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:20 am

Captain Earth episode 23
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Love how the Kiltgang took over the roles of other people in Daichi's life for a sort of "what if" AU if they were all friends; except for the part when memories bled through to make their interactions creepy. But basically this episode was the effects of the Link on the human mind. Trippy.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun episode 10
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HAHA Nozaki is so objective, he just wants data. Poor Waka! HIM KEEPING WITH USING SHOUJO MANGA AS REAL LIFE REFERENCE! NOOOO! But poor Waka sacrificing himself to spare the other members of going. Mikoshiba is like a little kid or animal that has to warm up to you all over again, haha.

Space Dandy episode 10
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: SAIL THAT SCARLETXDANDY SHIP! Though the whole thing will probably be ignored the rest of the season since each episode is stand alone. Ugh But the spider part was the best ahaha!

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:08 pm

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders ep 23: Jotaro commenting on Joseph crashing all their transport was priceless.

Captain Earth ep 23: Haven't seen Puck in a while, miss that guy. This was largely a massive waste of an episode, which for this show is saying a lot.

Haikyuu!! ep 23: Not a lot of points left to score for two whole episodes... As far as I know they have to win by 2 points, but I don't quite follow volleyball rules well enough to know if the game can carry on "indefinitely" until one team is 2 points ahead. Anyway, yay Yamaguchi screen time, I'm still discovering why half the fandom seems to be in love with the guy.

Sailor Moon ep 35 - 36: I'm a little disappointed after ep 35 we're going back to the monster of the week format for now, but at least the other plot developments are still having a huge affect on the characters. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: RIP Zoisite. I don't think I liked him as much as the previous two but I'll miss him anyway. At least Kunzite is shown being upset about his death, which I wasn't sure was gonna happen. The Dark Kingdom dress code is not a good look for Tuxedo Mask. Also, "Endymion"... I think I'll stick with Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask thanks.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Mouse2010 wrote:That said, I don't like what happened to Asuna in the second half of the series. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: She was such a strong fighter in Aincrad that it was really frustrating to see her reduced to the position of damsel-in-distress waiting to be rescued by Kirito. That's just not the kind of character she WAS in the first half of the season. Also, separating her from Kirito meant that the second half of the season was really all about Kirito-- and while I liked him a lot, I liked him best when he was interacting with Asuna, so it was disapointing to get to see so little of the two interacting. (I will hand it to the series, though: that second villain was much creepier than anything from the first half of the series.) Finally, I didn't really care for the whole little-sister-with-a-crush aspect of Sugu's relationship to Kirito. I get that she was really his cousin, and it probably wouldn't have been morally wrong for them to have a relationship . . . but it still felt off to me.

None of those complaints were enough to ruin the first season for me, but taken together, they did mean that I liked the first half better, for the most part. I'm really curious to see what the currently-airing season is like.

Yeah, that was me too. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The first have was so good and I loved Asuna but that second half. :eyebrow: As far as the Kirito/Sugu thing, I didn't really care. I knew it was just some forbidden love thing put in there for more drama. lol. As far as season 2 goes, I like it so far. It's kind of slow but this new girl Sinon is pretty cool. Also, Asuna isn't in here very much. I find that each game Kirito enters is always more beautiful than the previous. And the current Gun Gale Online is just...<3
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Currently watching Negima because it's that time of year where I must rewatch my favorite magical girls and boys. :)
yukoxholic

Postby skreyola » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Been watching Aria: The Origination (ep. 4 today), and saw two people ask about the names (They all start with A), and I had a thought about why that is. I think it's because of Mars' other name.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:43 pm

I recently finished episode 40 or 41 of FMA:B. I forgot which episode I was on of the two, as I am watching it from a DVD. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Though I had been spoiled about Pride, the scene where you find out who he is was still pretty cool. Pride being Selim is a cool twist. The fourth opening is awesome! The series is getting really exciting. Can't wait to watch more. :D
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:22 pm

月刊少女野崎くん 10 and this show really is awesome. I like it enough to buy the Bluray when it comes out. Lots of great characters and good clean fun. And what's not to love about Chiyo-chan. ;) I totally ship Wakatsuma and Seo :lol:

Mullet Death

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Did I mention how much I loved Non Non Biyori? ... Can't wait for the next season...

Has another season been announced? NNB was wonderful; I would totally love another one!
Mithrandir

Postby Cat96 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Just finished episode 45 of FMA:B. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ling was already one of my favorite characters with Greed as one of my favorite Homunculi. Combine those two and it is just epic! I've been enjoying Greedling, and I love Ed's nickname for him. Just so funny! :lol: Anyway, the show is getting more exciting by the episode. Can't wait to watch more... after I finish my homework. XD I might even end up liking Brotherhood more, but I'll never forget the awesomeness of the '03 anime too. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Gotta love Mustang and Ed's fight episode. The filler later on about Mustang and his subordinates was not forgettable either. I found myself being more satisfied with the series (and the movie) ending after I saw the '03 anime OVA on DVD about Ed's 100th birthday. I wonder what Ed's reaction was when man walked on the moon?
Cat96

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:53 pm

Mithrandir wrote:
Mullet Death wrote:Did I mention how much I loved Non Non Biyori? ... Can't wait for the next season...

Has another season been announced? NNB was wonderful; I would totally love another one!

I don't think any other information has been released, but a second season got announced back in April. :cool: Who knows when it will actually come out, though.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... -announced

Mullet Death

Postby Nate » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:33 pm

GeneD wrote:Sailor Moon ep 35 - 36: I'm a little disappointed after ep 35 we're going back to the monster of the week format for now, but at least the other plot developments are still having a huge affect on the characters. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: RIP Zoisite. I don't think I liked him as much as the previous two but I'll miss him anyway. At least Kunzite is shown being upset about his death, which I wasn't sure was gonna happen. The Dark Kingdom dress code is not a good look for Tuxedo Mask. Also, "Endymion"... I think I'll stick with Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask thanks.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kunzite and Zoisite were gay lovers which was supposed to show that they weren't completely evil, that they were capable of love and thus were not irredeemable. So yeah, of course Kunzite would miss him. :B The fact that they were lovers is why Zoisite was made into a woman in the DiC dub. That, and the scene where he was wearing women's clothes, though if it wasn't for the whole relationship with Kunzite, they could have just edited that scene out.

As far as Endymion, well, that was his name during the Moon Kingdom, Prince Endymion, same as how Usagi was named Princess Serenity. It's also a Greek mythology reference. Endymion was supposedly the first person to observe the movements of the moon, and he and Selene, a Titan who lived on the moon, were in love. Endymion is portrayed as either a shepherd, an astronomer, or royalty. Naoko Takeuchi obviously took the royalty interpretation of it, and so Endymion became the Prince of Earth in Sailor Moon.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby GeneD » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:47 am

Nate wrote: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kunzite and Zoisite were gay lovers which was supposed to show that they weren't completely evil, that they were capable of love and thus were not irredeemable. So yeah, of course Kunzite would miss him. :B The fact that they were lovers is why Zoisite was made into a woman in the DiC dub. That, and the scene where he was wearing women's clothes, though if it wasn't for the whole relationship with Kunzite, they could have just edited that scene out.

As far as Endymion, well, that was his name during the Moon Kingdom, Prince Endymion, same as how Usagi was named Princess Serenity. It's also a Greek mythology reference. Endymion was supposedly the first person to observe the movements of the moon, and he and Selene, a Titan who lived on the moon, were in love. Endymion is portrayed as either a shepherd, an astronomer, or royalty. Naoko Takeuchi obviously took the royalty interpretation of it, and so Endymion became the Prince of Earth in Sailor Moon.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh I'm well aware of that, it's just that Kunzite was generally less expressive in the relationship, so I didn't know what to expect in terms of his reaction. And yeah I would've been unimpressed if he was nonchalant about it or something, that would've been pretty terrible. What you said about showing them being capable of love is a really good point, during Zoisite's death scene I was surprised how sweet it was for people who're supposed to be the bad guys.

Oh my gosh, Zoisite dressed as evil/fake Sailor Moon in that one ep was brilliant and after that I was playing a guessing game of "is this a youma or Zoisite in disguise?"

Re: Endymion, I just plain don't really care for the name, but thanks, the Greek mythology stuff is really interesting. *Goes off to google/wiki*

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Free! Season 2 episode 11
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: AAAAH HARU! I totally get the pressure and transition from HS to college but don't run away! THANK GOD RIN APPEARS! And we're going international the next episode!? YES! Come on Haru, find your dream that you can live with and go forward! It's scary but you need to do it!

In other news....

They announced Book 4 of Legend of Korra is coming out Oct 3!! Holy cow! Here fans were speculating it'd be early or mid next year! Book 4: Balance aka end of the Avatar story happens this year!

CinniScrib

Postby Nate » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 pm

GeneD wrote: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh my gosh, Zoisite dressed as evil/fake Sailor Moon in that one ep was brilliant and after that I was playing a guessing game of "is this a youma or Zoisite in disguise?"

Oh I forgot about that. I was talking about SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the scene where Zoisite disguised himself as a woman professor and talked about the Silver Crystal on TV.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Back in May, a friend of mine got me started on Ouran High School Host Club, and I've finally had a chance to pick it up again. I'm now up to episode 7. I'm just watching it for all the shenanigans, which are actually quite humorous (though I still don't find the yaoi incest jokes about the twins very funny :shady: ). I don't really find the plot or characters that compelling, but it's funny enough to keep watching, and I like Mamoru Miyano, so I plan to finish it. I think my favorite joke so far has been:

You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Cat96 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:30 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Back in May, a friend of mine got me started on Ouran High School Host Club, and I've finally had a chance to pick it up again. I'm now up to episode 7. I'm just watching it for all the shenanigans, which are actually quite humorous (though I still don't find the yaoi incest jokes about the twins very funny :shady: ). I don't really find the plot or characters that compelling, but it's funny enough to keep watching, and I like Mamoru Miyano, so I plan to finish it. I think my favorite joke so far has been:

The powerful motor never gets old. :lol:

I just finished the episode In FMA:B where SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Mustang almost kills Envy.
Cat96

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Mullet Death wrote:
Mithrandir wrote:

I don't think any other information has been released, but a second season got announced back in April. :cool: Who knows when it will actually come out, though.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... -announced

Yay!
Mithrandir

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:31 am

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 24
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Gajeel with slicked back hair and without a headband is just so weird to me. BUT BLESS THE GAJEELXLEVY MOMENT! Girl is crushing so hard! Gajeel you're so oblivious! But Juvia and all her versions, I really liked her Vr 1.1 hair style, V1.2 was close to her original style, just a round fluffy hat instead of a square one and 1.3 has been pretty cute too, but I'm partial to V1.1. But she's so thickheaded! Gray means no he means no, he's not a tsundere! But Cherie and Wendy being bffs is the best.

Oh Natsu, you make poor Master Makarov lose the rest of his hair! But Elfman and Evergreen dancing not making eye contact, ahehehe.

Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus episode 8-10
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ciel's dad is so handsome, he looks like a mix of Sebastian and Ciel. Little Ciel is so precious, nooo poor baby! And Lord Kelvin has always been a starry eyed creeper, bleh

They completely censored Joker's arm being cut off, yet they liked to heavily imply Sebastian slept with Beast and even showed her near naked. Yet blood/a limb being cut off? HMMMM. Poor Joker though. He was a puppet who wanted to do what's best but got played. 8( Him and Doll, I feel so bad for them the worst out of the Circus crew. The show really expanded on Beast and Dagger's fight though so it was 3 against 2. Well, at least Beast gets to show off more instead of them both straight wandering into the kitchen where the Gatling gun is and Dagger just straight up covering her from the blast.
I know Tanaka told Elizabeth that she was just dreaming and she was half asleep but HOW CAN SHE SLEEP THROUGH ALL OF THAT IF A BROKEN WINDOW AWAKENS HER? Then again they might be in the other wing of the mansion, but still with the explosion especially... oh well. Just yeah.

Poor Doll, she really wanted to believe in the best of people. But she lost everyone she loved. And them all being played by thinking they were protecting the others back at the workhouse.... ugh.

Glad they made that arc of the manga, it'd be nice if they followed the rest of the manga storyline as well. Too bad this anime''s over now, but it was one of the best arcs of the series.

CinniScrib

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Log Horizon: Season 1, and Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time. Planning on watching Mu-shi Shi: Season 2 and the second season of Log Horizon when they start airing.
Banana Lobster

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews