What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby DaughterOfZion » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Watched the first season of Corpse Princess yesterday and I started Oh! Edo Rocket today. Pleasantly surprised by O!ER so far, much better and more interesting than I thought it would be.
DaughterOfZion

Postby Chronicler1701 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Started watching A Certain Magical Index and Heaven's Lost Property. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HLP if you are not mature enough for the material or are unwilling to sit through the innuendo.
ACMI can be rather disturbing at points, but it has such a gripping storyline.
Index is always hungry, kinda like Astraea from HLP.

My favorite Angeloid from HLP has gotta be Nymph so far. She's extremely capable in computational fields, and has a lot of personality, unlike my second favorite, Ikaros.

Ikaros is the most practical one, focusing on combat and computation. She does have quite a few funny moments, and a recurring gag has her carrying a watermelon, of all things, and petting it.

Astraea... I don't know what to say. Who thought it was a good idea to put extreme combat abilities together with no brain to speak of(according to her, 1+1=purple)?!?! She's so funny, though, so that makes up for it.
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet English dub Episode 4-13

Finished watching the dub; this is my second rewatch. Love this series. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I wish it was longer and deeper with Amy and Ledo's relationship but it wasn't boring or a typical "romance" anime. Obviously they like each other, it'd just be nice to see them hold hands or something as Amy is more certain of her feelings while Ledo is still learning proper human behavior/non-soldier mentality. Still the visuals are amazing, love the colors and the environments. The twists are awesome too, I remember going "waaah" when I watched the series in Japanese when it first aired.
I'm happy the confirmed 2 more OVAs as sequels coming this Fall.
Last edited by CinniScrib on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Princess tutu episode 10

Fairy Tail episode 48
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby skreyola » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:51 pm

Finally dropped Glasslip. When I got to the end of Ep. 6 and wondered whether they kissed but really didn't care, I knew this show is not anywhere near as good as I'd hoped it would be. When you like the chibi characters in the ED better than the characters in the anime, it's time to hang it up.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Episode 2 of Aquarion Evol -- the story seems a little weird, I'm getting a strange "love conquers all" vibe from this show. Except it's more like "love conquers all" through being the power source of giants mechs that are used to fight other mechs and blow allot of stuff up...eh, it's cool. Love the artwork!

Episode 29 of Bleach.

The first two episodes of Blast of Tempest (Zetsuen no Tempest)--This is the first anime that I've watched subbed, so at first I didn't really know what to expect, but I found myself really enjoying it by the second episode, despite having to read subtitles. One benefit of reading subtitles: I might actually learn some of their names, lol. I also gotta say, I really like the art in this show.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Clannad After Story episodes 20-21

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: As soon as Ushio got sick, I realized what was going to happen. Even so, I cried when she died :sniffle:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Just watched the original Di Gi Charat series. Well...that was weird haha. Watched it without subtitles because I'm trying to do that as often as possible for language practice, so it was really hard to tell what was happening because everything in the franchise is so bizarre and they talk rather fast.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby skreyola » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:57 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Clannad After Story episodes 20-21

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: As soon as Ushio got sick, I realized what was going to happen. Even so, I cried when she died :sniffle:

I kept hoping it wouldn't happen SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (Surely, they wouldn't do that!), but the show wasn't done stomping all over my feels.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:59 pm

I completely forgot what episode of Trigun I just finished.

Natsume's Book of Friends episode 15. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That episode was a bit cute. Gen kept on reminding me of Vishnal from Rune Factory 4 (3DS). :)

Anohana, The Flower We Saw that Day episode 4. Is it wrong to say I cried more during this show than Angel Beats!? I also am on episode 4 of that show, but I didn't like the pacing of it and I found it hard to continue. I remember when I cried like crazy when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Memma visited her mother. Her mother had made curry for Memma, and was mourning her daughter's death and Memma was there watching. Poor Memma. :(

I finished FMA: The Sacred Star of Milos earlier tonight. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The movie was meh for me. The animation wasn't that great compared to the anime. I got confused many times with some of the details. I think I'll still buy it on DVD, just so I can finish my FMA collection.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby skreyola » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm watching Gakuen Alice. I saw the first episode at a con, and it looked very interesting. I'm up to ep. 17, and it's very boring, but some of the character stories are good. I guess that's why I'm still watching it even though I have a hard time with the idea of a super secret school having a cultural festival... I care about the characters, unlike Glasslip (which I just dropped)... interesting conceit, but I didn't care about the characters.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:57 am

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 20

Legend of Korra Book 3 episode 11
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Holy cow okay so Zaheer is just going to smackdown Tenzin to nothing rather than suffocate him like the Earth Queen. He says he's going to take down the Airbenders so then what he'd be the only one left and have a monopoly on Airbending if he kills the Avatar? Serious happenings man. I can't imagine what will go down in the next two episode, the finale. What sacrifice will Korra make this time at the the end? Seriouslyyyy since it's called "Change". But Zuko being surprised about Korra seeing his Uncle in the spirit world? I mean Aang put Iroh there (some how) yet Zuko was surprised with "my uncle... the spirit world?" SO... What does that mean!? Whaaaa? He didn't know?
But seriously Bumi and Kya need to lay the smackdown on their opponents and win. They keep getting knocked around I feel bad that they're not owning battles like Tenzin (even though he does still get beaten up). Kinda feels like those two get picked on.

Season finale next Friday!!!!

CinniScrib

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:30 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Clannad After Story episodes 20-21

I already knew what was going to happen thanks to Youtube spoilers and boy was I crying my eyes out. :(
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Just started the Thriller Bark arc of One Piece. Oohh man, I wish I could just sit and watch this...

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Chronicler1701 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Finished episode 22 of A Certain Magical Index. I just realized that the Russian, "Misha" from the Angelfall Arc was supposed to be Gabriel, the same angel that brought news to Mary of the Christ. You know, "Hail, Mary! Most favored of women!" Or something along those lines.
The theological side of this show is out of whack. If nothing else than Gabriel is CLEARLY described as masculine, while ACMI says he is genderless. Not to mention the claim that angels are higher than humans.
But I still like the show.
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby GeneD » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:07 pm

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders ep 20: Ahahahahahahahahaha I can’t believe the show went there. New rule: don’t mess with Kakyoin. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: My heart did skip a beat when I thought he’d been chopped in half though. Next week’s preview: I’m assuming Avdol isn’t really back and it’s a dirty Stand trick but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to hold out hope of him really being alive, and then being horribly heartbroken when he isn’t.

Captain Earth ep 20: Death flags all over the place. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yes Akari x Teppei.

Haikyuu!! ep 20: Yay Tanaka SPOILER: Highlight text to read: and yay Sugawara is getting a chance on court! Can’t wait for next week!

Sailor Moon ep 29 - 30: I think ep 29 had more sweat drops than all the other episodes put together. Teenagers are awkward.

Hal: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Nice bittersweet story. I was expecting a twist but not exactly a complete 180 of the plot. I liked that all the initial interaction “Robot-Hal” has with the people of the town when he’s going about doing things for Kurumi is just as vital to, let’s call it his development, as the interaction with Kurumi herself. I was looking for something in the romance genre to show a friend of mine who’s not a big fan of anime and though I don’t think this is it, I’m glad I watched it.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Episode 4 of Aquarion Evol -- like the show allot so far, but the music gets to be pretty annoying at times. It reminds me too much of the background music in D. Gray Man. I hated the background music in D. Gray Man!

Episode 30 of Bleach.

Up to episode 16 of Gungrave -- SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I knew something was bound to happen to Brandon sooner or later (because ultimately he becomes Grave), but I didn't expect Harry to be the one to kill him. After that Harry killed Big Daddy too--he's really gone off the deep end.

Episode 3 of Blast of Tempest.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:05 pm

GeneD wrote:Captain Earth ep 20: Death flags all over the place. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yes Akari x Teppei.

Captain Earth ep 20
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: OMgosh yeah someone has to died. MEANWHILE: Akari has been waiting for that since FOREVER! Meanwhile Salty Dog can EAT IT. I hope Ai squashes the member. 4 episodes left!

Space Dandy Episode 20
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Gotta love that they met in a bathroom and are fighting then suddenly are chummy. Oh Dandy you simpleton. But I totally guessed right I went: That guy sounds like Johnny Yong Bosch... I will flip if it is him. AND IT WAS. Gotta love that Johnny was voiced by Johnny, HAH.
Omogsh next time Dandy has his hair down, what a treat haha!

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Ao Haru Ride Ep. 4 - That table scene has to be the most romantic thing I've seen in an anime in a long time, possibly ever. *contented sigh*
Anime List
skreyola

Postby ForeverInspired » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:58 am

skreyola wrote:Ao Haru Ride Ep. 4 - That table scene has to be the most romantic thing I've seen in an anime in a long time, possibly ever. *contented sigh*

I know! I know! Right? This show is has such a good romance/drama to it! :) I was smiling at that scene. It's just so perfect!

I finished Bunny Drop. That was very cute.
ForeverInspired

Postby drill » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 am

White Album 2 ep 9 - This started out as good, until the concert in episode 6, but then it just kind of trailed off without too much going on afterwards.
drill

Postby ForeverInspired » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:25 am

drill wrote:White Album 2 ep 9 - This started out as good, until the concert in episode 6, but then it just kind of trailed off without too much going on afterwards.

Unfortunately, it's only going to get worse and worse - trust me.
ForeverInspired

Postby skreyola » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:15 am

ForeverInspired wrote:
skreyola wrote:Ao Haru Ride Ep. 4 - That table scene has to be the most romantic thing I've seen in an anime in a long time, possibly ever. *contented sigh*

I know! I know! Right? This show is has such a good romance/drama to it! :) I was smiling at that scene. It's just so perfect!

I finished Bunny Drop. That was very cute.

Yes! So true!

re: BD - I love that show. :)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby drill » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:44 am

ForeverInspired wrote:
drill wrote:White Album 2 ep 9 - This started out as good, until the concert in episode 6, but then it just kind of trailed off without too much going on afterwards.

I'm not surprised you said that, as I saw your review shortly after I finished episode 7. Even so, I figure its just 4 more episodes, so I might as well finish it. I had heard that the original White Album was horrid (which even your review agrees with), so luckily I skipped that one. I feel like this series would have actually been good as just a 6 episode OVA though, with them stopping at the concert.
drill

Postby ForeverInspired » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:25 pm

drill wrote:
ForeverInspired wrote:

I'm not surprised you said that, as I saw your review shortly after I finished episode 7. Even so, I figure its just 4 more episodes, so I might as well finish it. I had heard that the original White Album was horrid (which even your review agrees with), so luckily I skipped that one. I feel like this series would have actually been good as just a 6 episode OVA though, with them stopping at the concert.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that they should have stopped at episode 6 (the concert). I definitely would have given it a decent rating then - not perhaps an amazing rating though since the first six episodes seemed to be building up to something great and weren't amazing in themselves. I totally get wanting to finish series. I always hate to leave series unfinished myself and, thus, try to avoid completely outrageous ones whenever possible. I do want to warn you though that not only does the plot, execution, characters, romance, etc. get worse, but also there is going to be an SPOILER: Highlight text to read: uncomfortable intimate scene in the second or third to last episode. Yeah, I like to say jokingly that the producers saw what they had done to this show, decided that it was impossible to save, and threw it in the fire then. ;)
ForeverInspired

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Free! season 2 episode 8

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:09 am

Clannad After Story episode 22 :n_n: What a beautiful ending. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Though it seemed kind of deus ex machina for Nagisa and Ushio to magically be alive again. I think it would have made for a cleaner, more satisfying story if they'd ended it after Tomoya and Ushio bonded. It would have been sad that Nagisa was dead, but hopeful for their future. Ah well. I was really glad to finally get a sense of what the alternate story about the girl and the robot was about, after all this time. I was starting to get a vague suspicion of the truth, but it's nice to have it confirmed! Now I'm just wondering why there are more episodes of this show....
the_wolfs_howl

Postby skreyola » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:23 pm

That's why I warn people so strongly about the emotional impact of this show. I agree that would have been more satisfying. But I guess that's a product of the origin of the show SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (It is apparently based on a game, and in the game, that's how you win: collecting enough wishes or beads of light to be able to make the tragedy never have happened).
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:07 am

The Legend of Korra Season 3 Episode 12 & 13 (Finale)

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: GO JINORAAAAA! YEAAAAH!!! TATTOOS! YOU DESERVED THEM! Seriously though it would have been nice to know more about Ming-Hua (the water bender) if she was born without her arms or what; talk about an on-screen death though... then again Aang was killed on-screen by lightning as well. What away for P'Li to go though. WOW. Seriously is Korra going to be forever wheelchair bound? Or just a bit debilitated? It IS called Book Change, and there were changes like the spirit world combining and the new airbenders, but a handicap Avatar? It can work since it happens in real life to top athletes/every day people just wow. That's some serious stuff. Now we have to wait like a year until season 4. CRAAAAAP. MAN.

Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus episode 6 & 7
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ugh the Baron was such a creeper, just so much of that in this series, the original anime and the manga. Perverts and pedophiles just, UGH.
Knowing what's coming... SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ugh I was always angered by *MANGA SPOILER*..... Joker's death in the manga when here he was just trying to please "Father" so as to save the other children. Which was terrible he was used to do bad stuff and he complied, doing a "necessary evil" for good.

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 21
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So the one dragon is Scissor Runner... I love it, such a dangerous, hazardous sounding name HAH. But I'm sorry the Erza and Jallel shipping is strong this episode, it's wonderful. But aaah yeah I remember when that happened in the manga with Gray. Serious flipping out.

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:19 am

Captain Earth episode 21

CinniScrib

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews