What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Currently finally finishing Dragonball Z in the original audio-- in the middle of Season 9. I really like it and can't decide if I like it more than the Funimation dub or not. I've had a lot of people I've talked to say they hate the Japanese audio in this series, particularly because of Kakarott's voice. I don't get what their problem is. Kakarott's voice is awesome and is the logical fulfillment of the voice he had in the original series-- which is better than Z for that matter, while we're at it. Part of me wants to import Battle of Gods from amazon.jp, even though I know though I know that's the very last thing I need to spend my money on right now.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby ForeverInspired » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:12 am

CinniScrib wrote:
nillapoet wrote:
CinniScrib wrote:Fairy Tail 2014 episode 12

Captain Earth episode 12
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'd be awesome if the last two didn't go with the enemy. Siren and Bugbear need to be good! I really hope Baku doesn't awaken and if he does he still doesn't want to join 8(

Where are you watching the 2014 Fairy Tail?

MOD EDIT

It's on Crunchyroll for certain countries.
ForeverInspired

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Just finished up Blue Exorcist. All in all, I loved almost everything about this show. It had great characters, an interesting plot (even though it was mainly episodic in nature, there wasn't a bad episode, imo), awesome music, awesome art, and it was overall a very fun show. I'd give it a 9/10.

Based on the anime I've seen, I'd recommend it for fans of: Fullmetal Alchemist, D. Grey-Man, Sword Art Online, and Yu Yu Hakusho.

At the moment, I'm watching episode 15 of Baccano. It's alright, can't wait to be done with it.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby nillapoet » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:00 am

ForeverInspired wrote:
CinniScrib wrote:

It's on Crunchyroll for certain countries.

I found it on Hulu plus too. I liked the old art style better.
nillapoet

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:44 pm

The Big O episode 1-3

Found out about this anime while looking up some classics. Seems interesting. Namely Steve Blum being the voice of Roger Smith is the big winner (I can only find the dub).
The killer is the audio sync is a bit off. EEEEH
Last edited by CinniScrib on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CinniScrib

Postby Aven » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Finished Dangan Ronpa a while back. Finished Tsuritama recently. Both are great shows. Currently waiting for Free! Season 2.
Aven

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:51 pm

The Big O episode 4-8

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:39 am

Finally finished The Tatami Galaxy, it was an interesting show but I wouldn't count it among my favourites.

Yowamushi Pedal ep 37: I was mostly just really frustrated with this episode because it's SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the penultimate one and there was basically zero Team Souhoku and a lot of a random Kyoto Fushimi team member that I really couldn't care less about. There better be a full 23/24 minutes of Souhoku next week, preferably all singing the Hime Hime song at the top of their lungs. This frustration factor is seriously putting a damper on my excitement for season 2, which, depending on the last episode, I don't know if I want to watch anymore.
GeneD

Postby scribbledreamer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:13 am

Toradora! OVA: I don't know why I hadn't gotten around to this until now. I really enjoyed it. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And that look between Taiga and Ryuuji at the end... :hug:
scribbledreamer

Postby nillapoet » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:22 am

Soul Eater episode 2
nillapoet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Clannad After Story episode 5 - ...Interesting development :eyebrow: I'm assuming this involves one of the rare supernatural elements that pops up in the show from time to time. We'll see.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby twistedfairytale45 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:55 pm

three... wait no... seven(really only six) shows.
By myself I am watching Nichijou, Hiiro No Kakera, and Soul Eater(strnage combo, yes, but I am weird like that)
Then with my best friend we are watching Death Note
Then with my older sister we am watching FMA... then we're going to watch FMA:B!!!
Then with my older sister and younger sister, we just finished Angel Beats(I'll just go cry in a corner now)
*inhales deeply* Then with my older sister and younger sister and younger brother we are rewatching(at least me and my older sister) Kemono No Souja Erin

And then I'm making my way slowly through the mangas Fruits Basket and Pandora Hearts
"You can keep walking, or turn back, or take a different road." -Elliot Nightray
"What's left in the end..is not always what you wish for!" - Xerxes Break
twistedfairytale45

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:26 am

The Big O episode 9-16

On another note....

Legend of Korra Book 3 premieres tonight!! First three episodes will be airing! (I just hope it's better story and plotwise than the other two. The art looks fantastic as usual, just the pacing is what's brutal and the romance drama)

CinniScrib

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:06 pm

CinniScrib wrote:On another note....

Legend of Korra Book 3 premieres tonight!! First three episodes will be airing! (I just hope it's better story and plotwise than the other two. The art looks fantastic as usual, just the pacing is what's brutal and the romance drama)

I just watched the premiere and already I love the plot better in this one than in the previous two. It kind of reminds me of the Ba Sing Se arc of A:TLA. And I love SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kai! ^-^

Other than that, I've watched a few more eps of Heroman and the first ep of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (which I already love!). I also just bought part 1 of Attack on Titan the other day at Wal-mart and I'm gonna get my mom to watch some tomorrow night! And maybe even my dad on Sunday! :dance:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:36 am

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:

I just watched the premiere and already I love the plot better in this one than in the previous two. It kind of reminds me of the Ba Sing Se arc of A:TLA. And I love SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kai! ^-^

YES! I think that's partly because we're going back to traveling around the world like we did in ATLA and we're seeing Ba Sing Se like in Book 2 of ATLA. Feels more familiar but the pacing is just so much better already. The others had good plot just HORRIBLE execution. Season 1 was awesome until it got gunked up by romance and complicated relationships. I liked the villains but I was just so "meh" about the wrap up. Season 2 was the same, interesting idea but just so obvious her uncle was bad and the handling of it all.. then they threw in the romance drama again and NO.
But this season is so much better already!! (I know what's going to happen in 4-6 due to the Spanish Nick.com leakage). BUT for the officially aired episodes: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I love Kai as well! Not only in design but just personality and his voice! He reminds me of Aang but as a street urchin haha. And Jinora has a cruuuuush on him! So cute! I love how Bolin totally adopted him though. Nice to learn a bit more about the Bro's family. Also: MORE KORRA AND ASAMI GIRL TIME! Seriously the past 2 seasons made them enemies so much even when they would still hang out. Now they don't have the stupid boy baggage to hinder their hangouts. The villains are awesome too, seriously. Two ladies and two guys, love it! The armless waterbender alone is going to be wicked!

Watched Legend of Korra Book 3: episode 1-3

CinniScrib

Postby nillapoet » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:50 am

Finished Fairy Tail 2014. Didn't think it was as good as previous seasons. Watched Soul Eater ep. 1-3 and it seems pretty good.
nillapoet

Postby Chronicler1701 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:16 am

Well, Fairy Tail is ongoing. It might get better later. Personally, I really like it.
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Captain Earth 13

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: AAAAH CRAP. I hate how Baku maybe wouldn't have gone with them if Kumiko had lived. But now that he released her to death he has no reason to protect something. MAN he was the best out of the bunch too in terms of not being psycho.
Maybe there's a chance he'll switch sides but it doesn't seem likely in this anime. Man.

The Big O episode 17-20
I swear I must have seen this anime once or twice when I was younger. I can't remember what happens in it but the one villain looks familiar. I think I must have seen a promo for it on CN at the time and it showed snippets. But definitely the one villain looks familiar... then again it might be because he looks like a cross between a mummy and a KKK member's hood/the Sorting Hat.
Last edited by CinniScrib on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CinniScrib

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:31 pm

CinniScrib wrote:
PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:

YES! I think that's partly because we're going back to traveling around the world like we did in ATLA and we're seeing Ba Sing Se like in Book 2 of ATLA. Feels more familiar but the pacing is just so much better already. The others had good plot just HORRIBLE execution. Season 1 was awesome until it got gunked up by romance and complicated relationships. I liked the villains but I was just so "meh" about the wrap up. Season 2 was the same, interesting idea but just so obvious her uncle was bad and the handling of it all.. then they threw in the romance drama again and NO.
But this season is so much better already!! (I know what's going to happen in 4-6 due to the Spanish Nick.com leakage). BUT for the officially aired episodes: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I love Kai as well! Not only in design but just personality and his voice! He reminds me of Aang but as a street urchin haha. And Jinora has a cruuuuush on him! So cute! I love how Bolin totally adopted him though. Nice to learn a bit more about the Bro's family. Also: MORE KORRA AND ASAMI GIRL TIME! Seriously the past 2 seasons made them enemies so much even when they would still hang out. Now they don't have the stupid boy baggage to hinder their hangouts. The villains are awesome too, seriously. Two ladies and two guys, love it! The armless waterbender alone is going to be wicked!

Watched Legend of Korra Book 3: episode 1-3

I agree with pretty much all this! Check out the rest of my fangirling here http://www.christiananime.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=65637It's a real shame those eps got leaked though (I think this same thing happened in Book 1 though Book 2 got out unleaked). I'm just gonna wait for eps 4-6 to air officially though it's probably going to kill me at the same time. lol.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:20 pm

The Big O episode 21-26
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I AM THE TOMATO. Haha. That whole thing was just confusing with the metaphors but he really isn't! I knew this was a psychological anime but that was just a bit confusing. I guess Dorothy could still function because she herself was a memory? Man I seriously am not sure. But it was all fake since it's shown to be a virtual reality at the end (the grid). Big reset at the end for the virtual residents but what about the real Roger, Angel and Dorothy seen behind the screen? Either way, open ending, take it as you want. I still enjoyed it but would have liked more explanation as to the memory remnants.
Episode 25 suddenly was a subbed version so that was an unexpected switch after 24 episodes!

CinniScrib

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Just watched the first episode of Angel Beats. I gotta say, I really like the concepts so far, and the story seems intriguing. The one major issue I have with the show already is that the characters are pretty annoying. I really hope they grow on me as the story goes on, or else these are gonna be thirteen long episodes :/
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Mouse2010 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Up to episode 11 in Code Geass R1. This remains really interesting. One unexpected aspect: I didn't realize the extent to which it's a high school story, not just a political mecha story. That's not a bad thing; it was just a surprise.

Today I watched episode 1 of Sailor Moon (thank you, Viz, you are awesome!). I liked it, but I am wondering if it would make more sense to drop it and wait for the new series. Maybe not; this is probably the sort of show that every anime fan ought to see once, right? That said, it is very weird to watch this AFTER having watched Madoka, because even in one episode, I see many ways in which Madoka Magica was responding to this kind of magical girl show.
Mouse2010

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:20 pm

rewatching K, up to episode 3.
I am reminded of how much I loved the characters...they were truly the best part of this story.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Kilvakar » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Soul Eater episode 32, I'm enjoying the series so far, although I really hope SPOILER: Highlight text to read: that Crona won't let Medusa control him like that anymore...
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Cat96 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:29 pm

I forget what episode I finished watching for FMA:B, but I now I've finished the episode where SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ed meets up with some people from Xing after Mustang faked that woman's death.

I'm within the last few episodes of Soul Eater, but have yet to finish it for some odd reason. I don't even know why I stopped watching it after a certain point.

I still need to start the Tower of Heaven arc of Fairy Tail.

I'm also within the last few episodes of Log Horizon. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Great show. Shiroe reminds me of Kyoya from Ouran High School Host Club. :lol: I am forever terrified of people with glasses. I have glasses though, so does that mean I'll be forever scared of myself? That makes no sense. Why doesn't Cat ever make any sense to herself :dizzy: *slaps self for a fail joke* Story wise, I liked how it went into the whole "building society in a place where there are no laws" type of story (the whole guards coming down to kill them if they fought inside towns was considered by some of the characters as a natural phenomenon). I'm not a big fan of the love triangle that's started though. I'm hoping that will change...

I really need to catch up, but I'm so addicted to playing Harvest Moon: Animal Parade right now that I just can't. It takes me an hour or more to complete a single day, but I've still gotten to addicted to the game. :sweat:
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Chronicler1701 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Well, they finally put up the dubs of rest of the Tenrou Island, all of the X791, and the beginning of the Key of the Starry Heavens Arcs of Fairy Tail. Awesome!

Funny thing about the English dub of the Tenrou Island Arc, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: they put in the cast a voice actress for Mavis Vermillion, Fairy Tail's founding master, even though she never spoke until episode 123, "Fairy Tail, Year X791." Another funny thing, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: in the original Japanese, she spoke as early as episode 112, "The One Thing I Couldn't Say," but that section, where she grants Cana the use of Fairy Glitter, in the English dub is almost completely silent.

Those, along with significant differences in the sub and dub in episode 1, "The Fairy Tail," is nudging me toward watching it all subbed as well as dubbed.

Anyway, gotta go. I have to stop the evil witch Grunty and her two sisters from frying the Isle O' Hags.

PS. If you got that reference, your childhood was freaking awesome!
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:01 am

Soul Eater NOT! episode 12

End of the anime! Wonder if the manga will be short like it too.

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:41 am

Yowamushi Pedal ep 38 END: Well despite what I said about season 2, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: it looks like I'm gonna have to watch it now since they ended on a cliffhanger. I didn't think they'd do it, I was expecting it to end after the second day finish, but anyway, I guess since they knew they have another season they figured they can get away with it. Overall I enjoyed everything before the Hakone race arc a lot and mostly enjoyed this arc except for the Onoda screentime issue I've already mentioned.

Sailor Moon ep 13 - 16, cour 2 already has a different feel than the first one. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Some random thoughts: We get a bit more Tuxedo Mask so yay for that. RIP Jadeite, I'll miss you and your epic energy gathering finger pose. New evil guy with the hair has a nice car. Ep 15 with Rei's date was pretty hilarious.

I'm also re-watching Hyouka, currently up to ep 3. One of the biggest reasons I want this to get licensed is then I could just watch it without having to look "away" from the animation to read the subtitles. As such each episode takes forever to watch because I keep skipping back to try to catch all the little details.
GeneD

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Free! Eternal Summer (Season 2) episode 1
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It's BACK! And it's great to see it start off with Rin and the guys being buds unlike last season. WHO IS SOUSUKE THOUGH?

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Clannad After Story episodes 6-9 - ;_________; Episode 9 was so sweet OMG! I've never shipped Tomoya and Nagisa so much....
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews