What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Mouse2010 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:36 pm

I've been watching Kanon (2006), up to about episode 18. The first arc didn't really grab me, but once we got to Mai's story, I was much more invested. I think we are about to head into the final arc, and since it concerns one of my favorite characters, I'm pretty excited.

I've probably said this before, but watching this just makes me want to rewatch Clannad. I'm not sure that I have time for that, but I really want to see the whole thing again. That said, I have to say that I like the way Kanon interweaves the characters' stories better. I feel like you get multiple plots developing at the same time to a degree that didn't happen in Clannad.
Mouse2010

Postby nillapoet » Thu May 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Episode 105 of Fairy Tail. And the first episode of Log Horizon. It didn't really attract me that much.
nillapoet

Postby CinniScrib » Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 pm

The Snow Queen episode 32
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Finally she reaches the castle! Well, at the very end.

The Snow Queen episode 33
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: There was a reason the Queen told you to wait, Gerda! She warned you it'd be sad if you saw Kay now! Bummer

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Fri May 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Sailor Moon episode 3. Does it get any better than this? I mean, it's not all that bad, but it's nothing to write home about, so far. At least they change up the transformation scene a little bit, unlike PreCu.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Sat May 31, 2014 1:07 am

The Snow Queen episode 34
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The Snow Queen is so awesome in this. She's ready to do actual battle like a warrior queen. Nice change in the usual versions I have seen of the Queen! And Holger the wolf is coming! Meanwhile it's hilarious that the trolls compared the Queen to a fire extinguisher which is exactly what she is.

The Snow Queen episode 35
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The Queen is so majestic it's awesome. Walks in carrying Ragi like it's nothing.

The Snow Queen episode 36
THE END
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So basically it's all to prevent ragnarok. Anyways what I loved about the original tale was it was about familial love, even if you're not related. In this version it started out as that but in the end they shipped the two characters together so became a romance. Which I think it's cute but you don't have many stories about familial love, especially ones about bonds/relationships going past blood relation. To be honest, the opening has been hinting to the romance since episode 1 with an older Gerda and Kay dancing. In the original Gerda just had to cry into Kay's eye and the shard came out which makes the reader go: WELL that could have been solved earlier! This time though Kay had to be the one who cried it out which was harder since his heart had hardened then frozen.
But we got a wedding at the end! That was nice! And Hans Alexander Holmes appeared too! And obviously Ragi was there from afar though I wish he'd be seen closer instead of observing.

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 9

CinniScrib

Postby TheEternalStudent » Sat May 31, 2014 10:40 pm

Baki the Grappler...the martial arts detail is pretty unique and intense.. teheeee
TheEternalStudent

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Ok. So I finally finished Kuroko no Basuke S2. Wow. I think I enjoyed that one even more than the first season (even if the climax wasn't as epic). I so cannot wait for the third season! On a side note, I love Kuroko, Kagami, Kiyoshi, Kise, and Alex! lol. I even like Aomine now. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Bout time he got a taste of defeat.

Just finished watching The Princess and the Pilot. Not a bad film. It just a little boring for me personally. Visually very pretty though and I like the song. But that ending kinda made me sad though.

And I watched the first three episodes of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes. The first episode confused me, the second episode surprised me (flashback already?), and the third episode interested me. Let's see how this goes.

Until next time...:)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Captain Earth episode 9

Isshuukan (One Week) Friends episode 9
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Raaaaah! That transfer student! It was bad enough in the manga but seeing it animated... HNGGG

Nobunaga the Fool episode 21
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: SOOOO MAD that Caesar AND Ichi died! I mean given in most versions I've seen involving the Nobu-persona and Ichi-persona (or incarnation of the historical characters) always ends up with Ichi dying or becoming something with crazy undead powers. Just. NOooo.

CinniScrib

Postby nillapoet » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Finished the english dub of Fairy Tail.
nillapoet

Postby Cat96 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:48 pm

I just finished the episode titled "Cold Flame" of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (I watch the episodes on a DVD, so I don't remember the numbers). SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That episode left me feeling as if I watched a horror/action movie (like when your heart starts racing because it gets to intense).

I'm also on episode 4 of Angel Beats! and I'm about to start the Tower of Heaven arc of Fairy Tail (again, I watch episodes 1-48 on a DVD so I don't remember the numbers exactly).

Edit: was due to seeing the next episode
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Dragon Ball Kai (2014)

episode 1-9

Nothing new (animation wise) yet. Currently just condensed versions of the old show so it only shows events that happened in the manga (cutting out filler episodes/moments).

Soul Eater Not! episode 9

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: MEEEH the borderline fan-service...

CinniScrib

Postby Zeke365 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:00 am

here a list of anime I m currently watching

1.Sgt. Frog
2.Hikauru no Go
3.Stitch! (Japensse version)
4.Pita Ten
5.Shugo Chara
6.Gochuumon wa Usagi
7.Acchi Kocchi
8.Hyouka
9.Toradora!
10.Minami-ke
11.Ah! My Goddess
12.One Piece
Zeke365

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:37 pm

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 10

Captain Earth episode 10
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Teppei is finally back in action! I like the head design of his Engine better. But crap! Wasn't expecting Setsuna with her little animal companion!

CinniScrib

Postby AnaniAnime » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:38 pm

I'm currently watching Fairy Tail (oh my gosh the last episode ended horribly and left me having to wait a week for the next episode) and Fullmetal Alchemist. I guess you could also say I'm watching Fushigi Yugi but I've stopped watching that for a while because it started getting really awkward.
Hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.pinterest.com/ariannawesomez/
AnaniAnime

Postby Chronicler1701 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:15 pm

AnaniAnime wrote:I'm currently watching Fairy Tail (oh my gosh the last episode ended horribly and left me having to wait a week for the next episode)

I know what you mean! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Did Kagura really just kill Erza?! Or is it like back in Edolas, after the battle between Scarlet and Knightwalker, where Erza pulls through right at the end? I can't wait till next week!
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby FourFourSeven » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:56 am

Previous: Puella Magica (I now understand why it's so.....special)

Now: My Little Monster

Next: The Tatami Galaxy (as much as I like it, everything around me keeps distracting me from this one, for some reason)
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:03 pm

I just finished up K (or K Project), and it was pretty awesome; though I kinda feel the story should've been stretched over a 20-26 episode span instead of 13. I think there was a little too much there to try to cram into 13 episodes; however, it was still awesome nonetheless :)

I'm currently watching Blue Exorcist, Baccano! and Avatar The Last Airbender (I know it technically isn't an anime, but its close, lol)

Blue Exorcist and Airbender are awesome and allot of fun; Baccano! is pretty good, it's just different..
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Watched 3 episodes of Trigun. Pretty good stuff so hard and Vash is probably one of the coolest anime characters.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:40 pm

Gauche The Cellist, a.k.a. Cello Hiki no Gauche, movie (sub):

Watched because Studio Ghibli/Isao Takahata, and was not disappointed! :thumb:

Basically, the movie revolves entirely around a discontented cellist who learns some valuable lessons about performing from the animals who hang out around his house. As its MAL description states: "The story concerns Goshu, a professional cellist. During rehearsals for a performance, he is scolded by the conductor because his playing is not good enough. His timing is off and he seems to have no 'feel' for the music. Goshu returns to his lonely cottage and starts practicing. Then a cat enters who tricks him into understanding the inner meaning of the music. The importance of practice is shown by a cuckoo, rhythm by a badger and tenderness by a mouse. In four days he learns the true meaning and feeling of music and develops into a great musician." And this simple premise, combined with the fantastic classical music that is featured in it (including some great cello playing, as you'd expect), makes for a lovely little hour-long film that was well worth my time. (Only thing I do have to note is that the main character was kind of a jerk in the beginning-- I did *not* approve of his 'joke' on the cat; although, apparently, the cat was provoking him on purpose? :sweat: -- but the end was completely adorable. <3 ) Recommended to any musician, or just anyone who likes music in general! :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Chronicler1701 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:27 pm

I just watched the first episode of Trigun. I would watch more if it weren't for the language. What about you guys here? Does it get better after the first show?

Also, I watched the movie Fairy Tail: Phoenix Priestess. It's weird, because the anime hasn't caught up to the time when the movie occurs. The animation is different, too, and I like it: the fine lines and fluid movements that are seldom seen in the anime.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:24 am

Nobunaga the Fool episode 22
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So flipping King Arthur can make his face look like whoever will best persuade who he's talking to. Someone slap some sense into Mitsuhide.

Isshuukan Friends episode 10
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sooooo much frustration! I really don't like that kid. Given he thinks Kaori just bailed on him he should try to find out the truth instead of like: "Traitor" He should ask if she even remembers him. Just. GRRR KUJO. Even when Hase told him and the old classmates mentioned something about an accident. >(

CinniScrib

Postby For_Him » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:52 am

Fairy Tail, Black Butler 2, Cardfight!! Vanguard, and now I'm trying to catch up on Naruto Shippuden.
For_Him

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:49 am

Chronicler1701 wrote:I just watched the first episode of Trigun. I would watch more if it weren't for the language. What about you guys here? Does it get better after the first show?

I just recently skimmed through the first episode, and it looks alright to me. From what I hear, if you like Cowboy Bebop (dunno if you've seen it) then you're probably like Trigun, and vice versa. I think Cowboy Bebop is a great show, though it's different and might take a couple episodes to get use to. I would recommend watching Cowboy Bebop if you haven't seen it, and then checking out Trigun if you liked CB, mainly cause, in general, Cowboy Bebop is considered to be one of the greatest animes of all time, and you don't hear near as much about Trigun.

I do plan to watch Trigun eventually.

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby Chronicler1701 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:15 am

Alright thanks, Thunderscream. I'll look into it.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Just started watching Bleach and Psycho-Pass yesterday. Psycho-Pass is good, but I like Bleach better so far--its more lighthearted.
Watched episodes 11-14 of Blue Exorcist. LOVE THIS SHOW!
And then today I watched the first episode of Space Dandy...it's kinda weird. It was pretty funny at some points, but sometimes the humor is predictable and feels very much like "been there, done that" kinda stuff...

Thunderscream872

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:58 pm

I finished Kaleido Star a week-ish ago. In the end I grew quite fond of the series, though I was left with disappointment since SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sora and Ken didn't really end up together. Though I guess we are to assume it may happen someday? Since Ken became the foremost reason I enjoyed watching Kaleido Star, this was a big letdown for me. That said, Kaleido Star was sweet and surprisingly clean (though Fool tried to push the boundaries at times...). Although I still prefer Princess TuTu, I may have to fork over the money to buy Kaleido Star anyway.

Other than that, I've watched some more of Digimon (season 3) and the first 2 episodes of Trigun. While Trigun is slightly humorous so far, I don't know if I find it endearing enough to continue. Does it keep the same pace until way close to the end, or are the first two episodes pretty indicative of the majority of the series? I'm watching with a friend and we are both on the fence with it.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby Chronicler1701 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Almost finished rewatching the Edolas arc of Fairy Tail. I'm thinking I'm just gonna buy the complete series once it's finished, instead of spending $40-50 dollars for every set of 10 or so episodes.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:48 am

faithb4sight wrote:Other than that, I've watched some more of Digimon (season 3) and the first 2 episodes of Trigun. While Trigun is slightly humorous so far, I don't know if I find it endearing enough to continue. Does it keep the same pace until way close to the end, or are the first two episodes pretty indicative of the majority of the series? I'm watching with a friend and we are both on the fence with it.

Wow. Everyone's watching Trigun now. Yay! Personally I liked it. It remains pretty funny throughout a majority of it but it has a fair amount of drama and real sad moments too. Vash is like one of the kindest, sweetest, and most angelic anime characters I've seen so far. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it felt a little anticlimactic at the very end.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby faithb4sight » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:34 pm

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:Wow. Everyone's watching Trigun now. Yay! Personally I liked it. It remains pretty funny throughout a majority of it but it has a fair amount of drama and real sad moments too. Vash is like one of the kindest, sweetest, and most angelic anime characters I've seen so far. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it felt a little anticlimactic at the very end.

^I did notice that Vash was very caring just from the first few episodes, which is certainly a plus. Thanks! I may have to convince my friend to continue it with me.

On another note, I started watching Maid Sama! today and got through episode 9. So far I have greatly enjoyed it - it's just cheesy enough to keep me smiling. :angel: I heard that some people don't like it as much because they think the main character doesn't stand up for herself enough, but I think she's a pretty strong protagonist myself. Bonus that her love interest is adorable and aloof, yet obviously stricken with her. I'm hoping that the cuteness continues.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby ForeverInspired » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:38 am

faithb4sight wrote:
PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:On another note, I started watching Maid Sama! today and got through episode 9. So far I have greatly enjoyed it - it's just cheesy enough to keep me smiling. :angel: I heard that some people don't like it as much because they think the main character doesn't stand up for herself enough, but I think she's a pretty strong protagonist myself. Bonus that her love interest is adorable and aloof, yet obviously stricken with her. I'm hoping that the cuteness continues.

It only gets better. :)
ForeverInspired

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews