What Anime are you going to buy in 2012?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

What Anime are you going to buy in 2012?

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:26 pm

So I dunno if anyone has done this... if ever. I buy my anime so I'm not restricted to streaming limitations, but the anime I buy are only the best of the best in my opinion. Anyway, I wanted to throw this out there... if only to proclaim to the world which anime series I'm going to buy next year! XD

So my list goes:

.hack//Quantum
Tiger & Bunny
(the above two are absolute musts. everything below, meh, its ok if I don't get it but would still like to)
Persona 4 (if its on DVD next year other wise it will become a must of 2013)
Last Exile, Fam of the Silver Wing (again, if its out)
The World God Only Knows complete set! XD
This

Seto_Sora

Postby MightiMidget » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:50 pm

I don't have the funds right now, and probably not then to do so. :P But what I would /like/ to buy is:

Legend of Legendary Heroes
Star Driver

...I think it ends there of things I know are supposed to be on DVD.
MightiMidget

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Other then buying the series that I have been planning on buying for a while:

Madoka Magica

I just gotta somehow save the money....
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 pm

None. Why? Because if I get the job I want when I graduate, it's going to be a pain and a half taking over the anime I already own, because I will have no place to store it in the States- and shipping overseas is expensive, takes forever, and is EXPENSIVE. I will be buying a giant cd notebook that holds a billion and one, and dumping all the cases for the anime as it is.
Atria35

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 pm

It would could be Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I hear that the releases are going to be expensive.

The ones that I will buy for certain are:
Seasons 1 and 2 of the World that God Only Knows
Persona 4 the Animation
The boxset of K-On! (if Bandai ever releases one)
Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:36 pm

... I can attest to having no money. However, I do have my eyes set on Trigun, amongst one or two others.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:35 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]This is actually a good idea for a thread!

I don't really have that many, and most of the ones on my list haven't even been licensed yet, but here we go:

Usagi Drop (If it's licensed...which it had better be! I love this series, and I want to see who, if any, they decide to cast.)
Trigun (This one I'll probably get for Black Friday or Cyber Monday if it goes on sale.)
Sket Dance (If it's licensed...which it had better be once again! This show is awesome!)
Aria: The Natural Pt. 2 (Wal-Mart HAD it for $40, but I was too cheap to get it then...now I'll have to scour eBay for it...)
Aria: The Origination (I think Target has this one online, but I'll have to check again...)
Eureka Seven (I need to redeem myself for the absolutely STUPID mistake I made years ago of trading it in years ago...)
Wolf's Rain (I think this'll be a nice addition to the collection...and helpful for my reviews!)
[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Atria35 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:38 pm

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1517285) wrote:[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Usagi Drop (If it's licensed...which it had better be! I love this series, and I want to see who, if any, they decide to cast.)
Aria: The Natural Pt. 2 (Wal-Mart HAD it for $40, but I was too cheap to get it then...now I'll have to scour eBay for it...)
Aria: The Origination (I think Target has this one online, but I'll have to check again...)
[/color][/SIZE][/font]

Usagi Drop is licensed... just not for a DVD release.
Aria can be more easily found on Rightstuf. They have all the seasons... and parts of the seasons.... for about $37
Atria35

Postby Mouse2010 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Princess Jellyfish. Back when Funimation did a survey asking if people would buy it, I said I would. So I think I should. I would really like to encourage them to get more shows like this.
Mouse2010

Postby Neane » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Steins;Gate.
Neane

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:49 am

I know its still technically 2011, but I just bought Durarara!! and Oreimo. These are two that I feel are musts for my collection.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Atria35 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Made one, singular exception- The Story of Saiunkoku. Because it was deccently cheap for the series (okay, I know it's only the first season because only that was licensed, but...)
Atria35

Postby Mouse2010 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:08 am

I must be on a princess roll this year, because I just bought Princess Tutu on sale at Rightstuf. I haven't even seen it yet, and yeah, I know, I could've just watched it on Hulu for free . . . but I hate having to deal with slow internet connections, and I couldn't resist a good sale! From what I've heard about it, I don't think I'll be disappointed.
Mouse2010

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews