Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Agloval » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 pm

I will be holidaying until mid-September -- I may still appear, but there's no guarantee I'll have internet access.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby bkilbour » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Back -just posted a thread of fun, useless info.
Lynna, good to hear from you!!!
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Agloval, have a fun trip

welcome back bki!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Vii » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:58 pm

First, I'm back. We had power out for a number of days due to Hurricane Irene.

Second, I'm not going to be able to be on as much due to starting...*drumroll*...high school!
I have more homework than I expected, so sadly my time on here may be limited.
I might be on on weekends, and definitely during winter and spring vacations.

"WE'LL SEE YOU THEN!" (Ouran High School Host Club quote...I thought it fit...:eyeroll:)
Vii

Postby DaughterOfZion » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Even though I've been back for a few months and frequenting the chat I figured that I might as well post here. So, yeah. Hi. <.< >.> Amano-kun says mrow. :3
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Nate » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Hey I know you.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby DaughterOfZion » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:09 pm

I suppose maybe I know you too. O.O
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
DaughterOfZion

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:08 pm

:O no way, I had a feeling I knew you too O.O
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby DaughterOfZion » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:18 pm

It's like deja vu. 0.0 xD
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
DaughterOfZion

Been a while...

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:28 am

Wow, it feels like forever since I've been here...and I want to say that it feels good to be back. :red:
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Postby goldenspines » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:38 am

Welcome back, SolidÃ…rmor! ^_^
goldenspines

Awe...

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:15 am

goldenspines (post: 1503777) wrote:Welcome back, SolidÃ…rmor! ^_^

Thanks G.S.
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Postby Agloval » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:29 am

I'm back from holiday. I can exclusively report that Canada is huge.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby ST. Attidude » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:37 am

I'm thinking I'm due for a break. Not sure when I'll return but I'll be checking back soon enough just to follow up on a particular project.

Until then.

ADXC : It sure was good to have met you, hope things work out for you man.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Thinking of leaving here for good. Nothing personal against anyone here. Just I'm thinking this may not be where I belong. I'll post here again once I've made my decision.

Edit: Disregard that.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Eh, you really scared me there for a second! I'd hate to see you go, but I understand if you feel life is leading you away from here.
TopazRaven

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Agloval (post: 1504864) wrote:I'm back from holiday. I can exclusively report that Canada is huge.

Yea that's what she said!! ;-)
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:14 pm

I really had no idea where to put this, so I just decided to put it in here. Not like I really plan on discussing anything theological here anyway. I know quite a few of you are going to probably be disappointed in me now or consider what I'm doing a huge mistake, but I just don't think I can call myself a Christian anymore. There is to much in the bible I disagree with, people tell me all the time I don't sound or act like a real Christian and you know what? Maybe they are right. If I can't believe in the whole bible and not just pick parts I think sound right then I don't see how I can call myself a Christian. Now mind you, I still believe in God and am still going to try and trust with all my heart that Jesus is my savior. Wither that is enough to save me I don't know. If it's not then I will find out once I'm dead and take responseability for my decisions. I think I need some time away to think about some other things I have going on in my life. I'll still be around to read threads every now and then and I'll answer a PM if I get one, but I won't be posting anything for awhile probably. I want to thank everyone on this site for everything you've done for me. You've all showed me nothing but kindness and patience and I hope you'll still want to talk to me once I'm ready to come back. I hope I'll still be welcome here even if I no longer identify as a Christian. Thank you.
TopazRaven

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:52 pm

You'll be missed, Topaz, but I feel you're making the right decision. Take some time out to collect your thoughts, and come back. *Hugs*

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Furen » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:56 pm

You will be missed, I hope to see you back sometime soon
Furen

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Also, I hope you find the answers you're looking for :). Even if you end up deciding not to identify yourself as a Christian, know I still love ya :hug:.

K. Ayato

:( Gonna miss you

Postby Dante » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:11 pm

:( I'm gonna miss you Topaz. You added some really interesting topics on here theology-wise. You often didn't hold back the punches while still holding true to the basic fundamentals. I don't remember if you're in school, but you definitely qualify as a Biblical scholar. I hope you will continue with your own studies and find new and interesting things all the time in your studies of the Bible. Seeing your user-name alone bought a small smile to my face.

Don't let others define the term "Christian" for you. Many people still grab onto that term even though their spiritual life is about as dead as space. It's simply not socially proper in their family to let go of the title. You're certainly not that and if anyone tries to take it away from you, then you should ask if they're a 'true Scotsman' as well as a 'true Christian' in their opinion. They probably won't get it though ;).

--------------------

A lot of Christians prefer the Bible they get from the pulpit so they can avoid the unpleasant situation of ever having to experience a conflict between their beliefs and those of their church. "Saved" then simply becomes another way of saying "socially accepted". In this, I fear that many Christians, though deeply well-meaning, build a faith that is rigid, but also fragile and easily shattered by logic when tested by people outside of their 'cliche'. Many even say they believe the whole Bible word for word... when they haven't even read it.

Challenging traditional beliefs and institutions always ends up with one being labeled as an iconoclast... almost by definition. So consequently, being labeled as 'different' or even harassed is to be expected. Some may prefer theological discussion where everything falls neatly between the traditional lines and never radically challenges their views. Today though, it seems that people are more concerned about keeping their faith protected in a bubble, simply to avoid the possibility of having it cracked or broken. They would rather have a rigid faith that lasted them for years but was wrong, over a flexible faith that was built and rebuilt, but ultimately stood closer to the truth with each iteration so far as they could see.

It's funny though, I remember a time not too long ago when Christianity labeled a certain type of animation as evil and the traditional believers and institutions would have outright banned it if they could have. Then, even though it doesn't talk about that animation style much any more and even though it always was more of a place for 'nontraditional' Christians to hang out, there was this awesome webpage. If they start to leave here, I wonder where they'll go next. I rather like them, so I hope they drop me a line when they get there. However, it's sad when you see one go away - especially when you thought she was cool.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm kind of surprised. I knew you guys liked me, I just didn't know how much. I can assure you I won't be gone forever. In fact it will probably only be a month or so. I love this site and I love all of you too after all! I just need some time to think.
TopazRaven

Postby seaglass27 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:46 am

Bye, Topaz. Come back soon, okay? We need our Dark Empress! And besides... we're gonna miss you! :sniffle:
seaglass27

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:53 am

Aw, see you then, Topaz. I'll miss you! :<
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:14 pm

If you decide that you need to stay off for a longer period of time rather then a month or two be content in the knowledge that I'm awesome and that I love you. ^^
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeah...I'm pretty much back. Was I even gone for a week? Honestly. I feel a bit foolish now.
TopazRaven

Postby ADXC » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:23 am

As you can see I'm sorta back. Yeah I'll be popping in every now and then.
However I have set some limits on myself:

1. Only one post per day at max(I've failed that today, but oh wellz.). The reason for this is for me to make a post that I consider worth my time while keeping it clean.

2. Think about what I'm posting before I do it. This goes along with #1. While trying to make sure a post is particularly decent, I will keep all content, attitudes, and language to be as respectful as possible. If I get to the point where I feel like saying something that could be perceived as mean, I'll just close the CAA window and come back later.

3. I'm just going to visit CAA for like a few minutes a day and keep my forum perusing to a very low rate. Maybe one or two sub-forums a day (Sometimes maybe even nothing at all.).

4. I will not post in the TD forum at all; nor will I look in it.

I still have some problems with this place, but I do miss it so I'm trying to keep a small-connection with it as I can while still remaining my composure and respectfulness for EVERYBODY.
ADXC

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:30 am

Well, I'm glad to see you back any other way even if I've never really talked to you much. We missed you!
TopazRaven

Postby Okami » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:57 am

I won't be around much starting tomorrow for the month... Novel writing shall commence!
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Previous Next

Return to General