A Question for Those of You in a Steady Relationship

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Riggidig » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:57 pm

For those of you who have been involved with someone for a reasonable amount of time (dating/engaged/marriage), how did the two of you meet? Were you looking for someone (internet, blind dates, etc.) or did they come across your path when you were least expecting it? Thanks.
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:32 pm

My relatonship with my girlfriend has been a long time in the making. We first met at work (a local hospital), she was a food service hostess and I a housekeeper. But back then, we hardly knew each other. She left for another job, I forgot about her. A couple years later she's working for a home care organization for the elderly, and she's assigned to my grandmother, who lived then with my parents. One of her regular days there coincided with my own visits so that for 3 hours every other Friday, I'd see her. Over the next year, we went from recognition to familiarity to friendliness to friendship to feeling quite comfortable with each other. Eventually we realized we were developing feelings for each other. We tried a couple experimental "dates", decided we liked each other very much indeed, and as of now we have been seeing each other for between 4 and 5 months.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Riggidig » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1500723) wrote:My relatonship with my girlfriend has been a long time in the making. We first met at work (a local hospital), she was a food service hostess and I a housekeeper. But back then, we hardly knew each other. She left for another job, I forgot about her. A couple years later she's working for a home care organization for the elderly, and she's assigned to my grandmother, who lived then with my parents. One of her regular days there coincided with my own visits so that for 3 hours every other Friday, I'd see her. Over the next year, we went from recognition to familiarity to friendliness to friendship to feeling quite comfortable with each other. Eventually we realized we were developing feelings for each other. We tried a couple experimental "dates", decided we liked each other very much indeed, and as of now we have been seeing each other for between 4 and 5 months.

Awesome. Hope it works out between the two of you :)

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Hubby and I met outside the cafeteria at community college. He looking in on a game played by some other students and I picked up his name during the conversations. It wasn't until a fall-out between me and the "drama squad" students that he and I started hanging out on campus. There was definitely chemistry between us, but due to my upbringing and naivete, I wasn't aware of what it was and there was trouble dealing with it. Our relationship had ups and downs, but the result was worth it. He and I have been married over a year now :). First year came with challenges, but we came through them all. I can't wait to spend more years with him :).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Riggidig » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:12 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1500730) wrote:Hubby and I met outside the cafeteria at community college. He looking in on a game played by some other students and I picked up his name during the conversations. It wasn't until a fall-out between me and the "drama squad" students that he and I started hanging out on campus. There was definitely chemistry between us, but due to my upbringing and naivete, I wasn't aware of what it was and there was trouble dealing with it. Our relationship had ups and downs, but the result was worth it. He and I have been married over a year now :). First year came with challenges, but we came through them all. I can't wait to spend more years with him :).

Congrats! May it be blessed :)

Riggidig

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Whoops, guess I can't say anything. She's really clumsy... XD

...ok, no, I have no girlfriend, but I couldn't let that pun slip by. n_n' ごめん!ごめん!
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Riggidig » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:19 am

[quote="Rusty Claymore (post: 1500768)"]Whoops, guess I can't say anything. She's really clumsy... XD

...ok, no, I have no girlfriend, but I couldn't let that pun slip by. n_n' ご]

LOL :D

Riggidig

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:04 am

My husband and I met through a mutual friend sometime in 2003. Said mutual friend used to throw a lot of nerd parties-- basically, everyone would come over to his house and play video games and other nerdy stuff. Anyway, my not-yet-husband and I would always end up engaged in long conversations, but I had a boyfriend at the time, so nothing happened between us, and we only saw each other at these sorts of gatherings (i.e., a couple times a year).

A little while after the relationship with my then-boyfriend finally ended in 2006 (it went on a lot longer than it should have), Husband and I started spending more time together because I had moved in with Mutual Friend, and Husband would usually hang out there every weekend. I had intended to stay single for a while after my recent breakup, but...well, it didn't take long for me to develop a huge crush on Husband. So we started dating, and in 2008 we got married.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:18 am

Hoo boy! This could take awhile!

I'll try to make it as short and sweet as possible as others have so far.

Me & Tim(my husband) met at a Christian teen retreat in 2006. Which ironically was the same weekend I had broken up with my first boyfriend, and I was getting over the pain of losing my ex, so I when I met Tim, I wasn't really thinking of him as anything more than an attractive young guy who happened to be volunteering at the camp at the time, and I was there with my Youth group as a chaparone. Beside that, almost every girl in my youth group had a crush on him, so I decided that I'd just take a few pictures of him for memories sake and move on with my life.

A year later, I ran into him, randomly at a concert, but didn't talk to him or anything, one of my friends that was with me and recognized him as well did though.

And then in 2008. I went again to the winter retreat, and I saw him again volunteering at the same camp. And something told me to say hey, and I just didn't want him to get the wrong idea, so I didn't.... Until we were about to leave, and I noticed my brother and his friend were missing just before we were about to leave, and I ran into Tim and we ended up talking for a lot longer than I anticipated we would, and then we kept contact online.

About a month or so later, I ended up volunteering at the same camp, and he told me his feelings, and I had already began to like him, so we started going out.
We got engaged in 2009, and in Sept of 2010 we were married. We're almost at our one year! :)
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby aliveinHim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:50 am

Congrats!!!! I"m just single and happy. I'm way to young and too busy to worry about relationships right now.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Somewhere around here I wrote a bit of prose that includes a snippet about the first day I met my wife. Anyone in the Lazyweb wanna drag up a pointer?

The short version is: we just met one day it it was a pretty major shocker for me. I don't think it was love-at-first-sight, but... How to explain this... I felt like something momentous had happened and I was struck by the enormity of it. We married 3 years later and have been together over a decade. Time marches on, I guess.
Mithrandir

Postby Riggidig » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:08 am

Thanks to everyone for their responses so far. Blessings for many more happy years to come :)

Riggidig

Postby DrWhoof » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:00 am

I met my SO online. We've been dating for a year. :3
DrWhoof

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:25 pm

I met my wife at a Church anniversary Barbecue. On 9/11. Our relationship went really fast because I was going to be done with my contract in about a month, and I would have had to head back to the US and wait for another job (or try to get into grad school)

She ended up coming back to California with me, and we got married there the day before returning to Korea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to General