Help me win my first Photocontest!

Talk about anything in here.

Help me win my first Photocontest!

Postby firestorm » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Hey guys, a couple of weekends ago I went to a Japanese museum with a few friends cause they were celebrating a festival called the Obon festival, and we thought it'd be cool to check it out. Now I've been into Photography lately, So I thought of this as a cool chance to take some pics and try out my grandpa's old film camera. Later on, after the festival, I found out they are holding a photocontest for the photographers who went. Well, I submitted 3 of my best pics i took there and... one of my photos I submitted for Morikami Museum's Photo Contest made it to finals!!

But in order to win I need your help:

The contest is on facebook, and in order to win the image must have the most likes, so please click on the link below, like the museum's fanpage, and then like my image (mine is the pic of the little boy in full taiko costume shown in the link)! Here is the link:

My Photo

Thank you, and Thank God for getting me here!

UPDATE: I am now in the lead by 5 votes! But I still need your votes to secure a good cushion cushion of votes for victory assurance. I'm hoping to at least have 20-30 vote lead by the end of the day. So keep on voting guys! Thank you so much for your support! You guys are amazing
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Only if you promise me Ponies rock and are 20% cooler than horses
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby firestorm » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm

I'll do better... Minature ponies... a couple twins I know from my church has 4 of them. XD

let's keep the voting going guys, I'm 40 votes behind 1st place.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:35 pm

does that mean you're in second?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby firestorm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:12 am

eeehhh >.>; not so much.. I'm in sixth so far. I was just stating how close I can get if just 40 people vote for me, and I know there is way more than 40 people on here.

Postby firestorm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Sorry for the bump just giving you guys an update on my progress, I'm 9 votes away from second place! please vote so I can add this accomplisment to my resume! Share it on fb so others can vote for me too! Thank you!

Postby samurai10 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 pm

I just voted. ^_^ I wish you luck!
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby firestorm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:02 pm

samurai10 (post: 1499396) wrote:I just voted. ^_^ I wish you luck!

Thanks sammy! I just got your friend request by the way I'll add it.

Note to Mods: the contest ends Friday so if you wish, once it his Saturday you are more then welcome to delete this thread. Thanks for letting me have it up here :D

Postby Masquerade1412 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:52 pm

I have voted..............yay!!!
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby christianfriend » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:55 pm

I voted!! :D Good luck!
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby firestorm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Just to update you guys, I'm 11 votes from taking first place. I need to keep first til Friday! Please vote guys thank you!

Postby Atria35 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:04 pm

Voted. Not to bad, though there are some pics there that are just stunning...
Atria35

Postby firestorm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Atria35 (post: 1499446) wrote:Voted. Not to bad, though there are some pics there that are just stunning...

agreed, lol that's why I'm using all of my social networking powa!

Update it's official I'm in the single digits til I get first. Quick vote! Avalanche them with your voting power!

Postby firestorm » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:20 am

Hey guys From now on I'm gonna be editing my first post whenever I put an update so check it out if you want to know how I'm doing!

It's not letting me update my first post anymore T_T.

Anyways guys 3 hours and 36 minutes until the Contest ends! If you've been waiting to vote, now I woud be greatly GREATLY appreciative. I'm right now in the lead by 10 votes but I need some more to make sure the 2nd place guys doesn't over take me. Thanks to you all for all your help!

and thank you God for all you have given me! You are completely and utterly amazing Lord! I don't know what I'd do without you! In your name I pray, Amen!

Return to General