Absolutely insane heat.

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Heat index of 108. :o
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm

I wasn't able to sleep last night hardly, I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I hate summer. So, so much.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Of course today, since it was 100-105 all day (well, maybe only 85-90 earlier in the morning), I got to work outside in the sun all day at work...that was easily the most enjoyable day of work this summer...right after every single other day of work this summer.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Rewin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:27 pm

We've had a few days over 100, but it's cooled back down to the low 90's for the last few days and should be headed back up to the upper 90's in a few days. Overall it hasn't been too bad of a summer and I'm hoping it stays that way.
Mmmmmm, bacon.....
Rewin

Postby SSJ3Goku » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Ugh, this is the reason I hate heat. 100 degrees is MADNESS. o.o
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The list of Anime I'm currently watching, or have watched: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku
SSJ3Goku

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Nate (post: 1490612) wrote:I wasn't able to sleep last night hardly, I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I hate summer. So, so much.

Did you try taking a big bowl of ice and setting it in front of a box fan on the floor? The air from the fan will be cooled a good bit by the ice and help make the room more comfortable.

I slept with two fans going most summers growing up because of sucky air conditioning.

Now, I live with roommates who keep the apartment at 70 degrees at all times. So I can actually sleep well.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:55 am

Sheenar wrote:Did you try taking a big bowl of ice and setting it in front of a box fan on the floor?

Well, I tried that before, and maybe I didn't use enough ice or something because it didn't seem to help at all...but I thought I used a lot of ice.

I don't have a box fan now though, I have a fan on a stand.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:12 am

It's getting way hotter here. It can be miserable and sweaty sometimes...
..but that's why I LOVE summer!
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:57 am

Maybe you should buy a window unit or something, Nate. I mean I know they cost a lot of money but maybe you could save up for one. I dunno, I lived with either non-existent or poorly-functioning AC for like the last four years and I feel sad for anybody that has to go through that.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Xeno » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Fail.
Xeno

Postby TheMewster » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:00 pm

You think it's bad where you live? Try living I'm Florida summer heat! (then again, the rain kinda cools you off a little but still)
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Xeno » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Mewster, it's rained once in the last couple of weeks. My friends house might get burned down to a huge fire that is proceeding northbound through the town she and I live in because it is so dry.
Xeno

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:01 pm

The heat indexx goes over 100 about once a year where I am. It's expected to go over that 3 times within the next week, twice when I have school and will be walking a decent distance from the bus stop.

I am not happy about this.
Atria35

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:22 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1490568) wrote:Apparently the heat is supposed to travel all the way up from Texas to the Canadian border this weekend and early next week.

Seriously, I'm never complaining about 90 degrees ever again.

Yeah, at 90F, it's almost time to turn the air conditioner on...

I was on a camp this week just passed, and some days had to wear two t-shirts and two jumpers to brave the cold.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:54 pm

I DO think it's bad where I live because it was like 109 today. Last I checked it's not 109 everyday even in Florida.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 pm

The heat's not as bad here again (I checked the temperature earlier and it was 85 or so), but the humidity is unbelievable. Apparently it's more humid than the Amazon jungle here. It's hard to see through the windows because there is so much condensation. Many surfaces are wet (our garage floor was like this). I've never felt anything like it.
Ante Bellum

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Ouch. I've been in some pretty bad Oklahoma summers myself; "I feel your pain."

Both the wolf and I hail from hot places, though her record 120 degree summer is probably the worse place. There's a reason we moved to the silicon valley area. XD
Mithrandir

Postby Edward » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Nate (post: 1490654) wrote:Well, I tried that before, and maybe I didn't use enough ice or something because it didn't seem to help at all...but I thought I used a lot of ice.

I don't have a box fan now though, I have a fan on a stand.

Then maybe this could help. It's a video that will show you how to make a DIY air conditioner, and you should be able to use it with a fan on a stand.

I don't know how well it works, if it does, but it's worth a try if you don't have any AC.

There's another video at the bottom of this HowStuffWorks article, here. It thought I might post it, as you mentioned having a fan on a stand, and it uses one in the demonstration.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby Okami » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:18 pm

We got up to about 103-104 this past week....that's the hottest I've ever experienced, with a heat index bringing it around 115-120....
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:41 am

It's been blistering hot the last few days where I live. The highest it got was about 103 degrees with a heat index of 118. I love the heat, but this is just too much.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Xeno » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 am

What the what? It's raining?!?!?!
Xeno

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:46 am

yeah here in PA we have been having record breaking heat temps. I'm on vacation at the shore and the humidity is killer.
Wolf-man

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:48 am

Xeno (post: 1492584) wrote:What the what? It's raining?!?!?!

I know right?! I was fricking shocked. And today it's all overcast (at least where I'm at). I kind of hope this lasts a while...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:04 pm

We just came out of our heatwave yesterday.. It was a horrible week xD Everyone was hot and irritable lol

It was mostly upper 90's here with a heat index of 100+ @__@
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Sheenar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:48 am

Copied from local radio station's page:

Its official...33 days in a row of 100+ degree heat. 2011 is officially in the record books for the hottest summer ever in Houston!

D:

We are also having the worst drought since record-keeping began 116 years ago.
D: D: D: D:

This is bad.

Please, you guys, pray for rain!

Sheenar

Postby TheMewster » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:16 am

Yeah. It's almost that way where I live. A mile away or even right next door it's POURING. It's definitely thundering. But is our garden getting rain? Usually less than an inch. (But Jesus has all authority on Heaven and Earth so we must simply trust in Him for rain.)
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:22 am

funny, I started getting rain this month...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Atria35 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:03 am

It's pouring where I am. I discovered my jacket is no longer waterproof (no biggie since I've had it since 7th grade- time for a new one!). And my shoes squeak like there's no tomorrow.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:35 am

It had been raining for days where I live. I was so sick of it. My and mom kept saying how we wished we could send the rain to Texas. Luckily it's finally stopped and we have a few nice days ahead of us in my part of Pennsylvania should the weather scan be right.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Sheenar » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:20 pm

We've had a storm come through just now and it rained for about half an hour or so! I still hear thunder here and there, but don't see any more rain coming down.

Sheenar

Previous Next

Return to General