What do they call dead threads?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:28 pm

zombie threads. :P But seriously, I've heard of grave digging, but what is a inactive thread labeled as in slang or technical terms?
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby goldenspines » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Sunk by an iceberg.

They are usually just called "old threads".

EDIT: Though, a definition of an "old thread" (one that is in danger of being gravedug if someone posted in it) is usually a thread where the last post is more than 1 or 2 months old. It varies from thread to thread though.
goldenspines

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:42 am

Usually the ones where the most recent post is more than a month old.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Darth_Kirby » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:41 pm

goldenspines (post: 1497683) wrote:Sunk by an iceberg.

They are usually just called "old threads".

EDIT: Though, a definition of an "old thread" (one that is in danger of being gravedug if someone posted in it) is usually a thread where the last post is more than 1 or 2 months old. It varies from thread to thread though.

So... using that terminology, you can say the thread is Titanic. lol I guess...?
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:58 pm

Only if it has over 5 pages. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:13 pm

What do they call threads that talk about dead threads?

Vulture threads. You just cannot let the dead rest in peace, can you? :P
ADXC

Postby Darth_Kirby » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:58 pm

ADXC (post: 1497808) wrote:What do they call threads that talk about dead threads?

Vulture threads. You just cannot let the dead rest in peace, can you? :P

lol I guess I can't. >:3

Darth_Kirby

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:35 am

Another forum I frequent tends to consider a thread dead if it's more than a week old. Guess it depends on how active the forum is overall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Late for dinner!
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby SailorDove » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 pm

March Hare: Why don't you start at the beginning?

It is the thread that never ends, it goes on and on my friend, some people started posting then kept on reading, just because it is the thread that never ends it goes on and on....

March Hare: I have an excellent idea, LETS CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

QUOTE from Rio the movie: Jewel: Shh! Play dead.

Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

White Rabbit: [singing] I'm late / I'm late / For a very important date. / No time to say "Hello." / Goodbye. / I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.

Tim: There he is!
King Arthur: Where?
Tim: There!
King Arthur: What? Behind the rabbit?
Tim: It *is* the rabbit!
King Arthur: You silly sod!
Tim: What?
King Arthur: You got us all worked up!
Tim: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.

Mad Hatter: Yes and when you reach the end... Stop.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby TheMewster » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:27 am

On most forums I've been to gravedigging is called necroposting. Isnt it cool that we CAAers have our own little CAA Dialect? Oh and to be on topic I don't know what dead threads are called on other sites I just know that we refer to necroposting a little differently than most people.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby seaglass27 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:52 am

Excuse for being irrelevant here, but when I first read the title of this thread I thought it said "death threats"! :grin:
seaglass27

Postby alma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Otaku Jordan (post: 1498714) wrote:Excuse for being irrelevant here, but when I first read the title of this thread I thought it said "death threats"! :grin:

:grin: :lol: :grin: :lol: I kind of had the same idea :dizzy: :lol:
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby Midori » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Opinions differ on how old of a thread should be considered dead. I personally think a month is too short for a small forum like ours. I'd give it between three months and a year, depending on the nature of the thread. Some threads, like certain sticky threads and the recommendation threads, are intended never to die, so don't hesitate to bring them back if they're a little under the weather.

Also, while it bothers me a little when people dig up old threads, it bothers me more when people are too aggressive at preventing gravedigging. So please be tolerant. If a gravedig bothers you, report it and leave it to the mods. Don't jump on the poster--nine and a half times out of ten they just didn't know any better. Don't post in the thread yourself unless you think it deserves resurrecting.

Gravedigging is just a minor inconvenience. Getting angry at it is like getting angry at a bit of traffic or a red light when you're driving.
Midori

Postby TheMewster » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Amen, Midori. Amen brother.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Return to General