Anyone else spend time with God like this?

Talk about anything in here.

Anyone else spend time with God like this?

Postby fermy6 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:52 am

Well Im a multi-tasker, so normally I feel like I spend time with God even when I'm doing other stuff, e.g watch TV and speak with friends while talking to God in my head

I do take time to be with God alone, which is kinda hard since I dont like doing one thing at a time

So does anyone else feel like they are able to do this?
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:02 am

I'm pretty sure this is what I do as well. Even if I'm not talking to Him God is always kind of somewhere in my mind.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby steenajack » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 pm

I feel like this sometimes. :)
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Nanao » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:46 am

I do this a lot too. In fact, probably most of my time with God is spent this way. In some ways, I think that it makes the relationship with God more real. Unless I am in constant conversation with him, aware of him in everything that I do, then I can't have him work effectively in my life. It's like if I restrict my talking to only the time between starting a formal prayer and saying "amen" at the end.

Now, that's not to say that dedicated time, where all I do is spend time with God, isn't important too. But if I'm going to have a meaningful relationship with him, then I need to spend time with him in my life, in what I'm doing, and let his presence and his guidance work in my life.

So yes, I think I do this too ^____^
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby Yoshi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:17 am

Just curious, because I'm still getting the hang of things around here... why is this type of thread allowed to exist in the general forum, but my thread, which similarly simply wanted user's opinions on how Christians see Jesus differently (NOT a 'DEBATE'), was deleted?

What's more, is that I have to re-post the whole message over again, in a 'Theological Debate' forum that I didn't know existed here when I first visited, as it wasn't even saved!

Ah, well--no hard feelings, ha ha!

As for this question: I wish that I could say that I spend time with God while doing other things... if our life is truly in harmony in Christ, I suppose that is the case.

If I'm honest, though, for me, probably the times that I most often feel like I'm communing with God are when I'm about to do something, and then realise that I unexpectedly have some free time, and then my mind wonders, and I think 'Oh, this is a good time to pray'... but these occurrences should be less 'random' if I really want to further my relationship with Christ!

Yoshi
DON'T SETTLE -- STAY RUGGED!
Yoshi

Postby TheMewster » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:53 pm

I tend to multitask. I have issues where I have different influences in my mind (likely spiritual attack.) Therefore my mind is sadly too hyperactive to truly spend time with God... :sad:
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby bobmonkeys » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 am

When I pray, I can't think of more than a single sentence to say to God. Sometimes it seems kind of pointless to set aside time for prayer, because I can't fill the time to pray. And please don't ask me to pray aloud in church. But thinking about God when I'm trying to do other things seems more useful. Its like getting step-by-step instructions or a more topic oriented devotion.
[color="Lime"]Moo?[/color]
bobmonkeys

Postby fermy6 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 am

Yoshi (post: 1494085) wrote:Just curious, because I'm still getting the hang of things around here... why is this type of thread allowed to exist in the general forum, but my thread, which similarly simply wanted user's opinions on how Christians see Jesus differently (NOT a 'DEBATE'), was deleted?

What's more, is that I have to re-post the whole message over again, in a 'Theological Debate' forum that I didn't know existed here when I first visited, as it wasn't even saved!

Ah, well--no hard feelings, ha ha!

As for this question: I wish that I could say that I spend time with God while doing other things... if our life is truly in harmony in Christ, I suppose that is the case.

If I'm honest, though, for me, probably the times that I most often feel like I'm communing with God are when I'm about to do something, and then realise that I unexpectedly have some free time, and then my mind wonders, and I think 'Oh, this is a good time to pray'... but these occurrences should be less 'random' if I really want to further my relationship with Christ!

Yoshi

Hey there........Well to be honest I think a thread which asks for different opinions on Jesus can cause a huge debate, whether or not that was your in tention

Its upb to the mods at the end of the day

You're new.......Welcome bud:thumb:
You'd be long gone
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Yoshi (post: 1494085) wrote:Just curious, because I'm still getting the hang of things around here... why is this type of thread allowed to exist in the general forum, but my thread, which similarly simply wanted user's opinions on how Christians see Jesus differently (NOT a 'DEBATE'), was deleted?

While I didn't see your deleted thread, I saw the post that prompted people to suggest you make a thread elsewhere. I *think* the difference between your question and Fermy's is that Fermy is asking "do you do x", and you were asking something more like "what do you think about this practice, and why?" Your question would have brought deeper answers: the thread would have been more about people interpreting scripture and church traditions. While some Christian discussion is allowed in General (it's in the site's name after all, it would be kind of silly if it were kept hidden), deeper questions and answers are kept in the appropriate folder to keep trolling and thoughtless posting down (if I remember right).

That said, I never saw your thread, and you saying it was deleted rather than locked is odd. Is it possible the post didn't go through (internet problems maybe), or that it's being reviewed by a mod for some reason? (Some posts made by new members "stick" for a little while; you're certainly not new, but perhaps Theology threads require reviewing before they appear?) If you're sure it was deleted, I recommend you PM a mod about it.

As for Fermy's question, I can't say I do. I don't really feel like it's "God time" unless that is my sole focus. Generally, prayer for me feels different from what seems to be more common among young believers. (Not sure why, but but I'm guessing it's because I'm fairly left-brain.) I'm not one of those people who really feels connected or "led" to do things even when I am in prayer mode, so I really wouldn't feel comfortable with calling it "time with God" if I'm surfing the Web or playing video games at the same time.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Vii » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:57 pm

The only thing I can think of right now is 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Vii

Postby Vii » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:30 am

I remembered another one.
"Whether you eat, drink, or whatever you do; do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31
Vii

Postby fermy6 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:54 pm

Wow thats quite a few of you lol
You'd be long gone
Cuz they're all wrong