Dreams, future and school

Talk about anything in here.

Dreams, future and school

Postby MrKrillz0r » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Hey, I'm soon gonna start my third year in high school (The last year) but I'm not quite happy with my high school education, since I chose one focused on programming and computers, which I later found out was something that I really don't like at all. My grades isn't the best either 'cuz its hard to keep motivated when doing something you don't like at all, but that doesn't bother me too much. What bothers me is that I really regret not chosing to study art, which I really love and would really want to study.

So... I told my parents about this today and they said something like "You should change schools and study art instead if its what you like, that way you'll maybe get a job in the future which you find intresting and fun. Don't worry about the "wasted" years in high school and all that, it doesn't matter" which kinda suprised me. I really didn't expect them to not even be a bit skeptical to something like this, instead they were quite the opposite and actually WANTED me to change school and start all over.

And now I don't know what to do, school starts really soon and I'm in a hurry if I want to have a chance to change schools. I really want to chase my dream and do my absolute best, and studying art will help me a lot, and it means I will have a lot of free time for 2 years since I finished a lot of the "normal" subjects. And free time will mean more time to draw, which will a great chance to improve. I'm really fired up about it and I want to give it my all, but its a big deal and I know I will not be this fired up forever, I know there will be days when I will be dead tired of it but I still think that its what I want to do.

Whats your thoughts on this? I need to decide very soon and I'd love to hear the opinions of others before making the choice. I do feel like drawing is something that God has called me to do, and I'm praying for guidance to chose the right thing. And I'd really appreciate if you'd send a prayer for me.
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Hiryu » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 pm

Drop what you're doing and go to art school. If you don't like it now, you're not going to like it later most likely.
Hiryu

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Man, I had no idea that Sweden's High Schools had majors, but it sounds like a pretty great way to do things. That would have helped me immensely.

Do it. In the long run, 2 years is hardly anything to worry about, and is definitely something you can make up lost time for. Be glad that you found a passion you can pursue at a young age. Believe me, working a job that you hate, full time, is terrible and can impact the rest of your life in ways you wouldn't expect.

On a practical note, do be aware that sometimes passions and tastes change, and that Programming is probably more practical of a major than art.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby MrKrillz0r » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1494779) wrote:Man, I had no idea that Sweden's High Schools had majors, but it sounds like a pretty great way to do things. That would have helped me immensely.

Do it. In the long run, 2 years is hardly anything to worry about, and is definitely something you can make up lost time for. Be glad that you found a passion you can pursue at a young age. Believe me, working a job that you hate, full time, is terrible and can impact the rest of your life in ways you wouldn't expect.

On a practical note, do be aware that sometimes passions and tastes change, and that Programming is probably more practical of a major than art.

I'm aware that passions can change, but programming have never been a passion of mine. When I chose it I had no idea what I wanted to do and well.. programming did SOUND fun at least, so I gave it a shot. Even though I did like drawing at that time I was never drawing something serious so it wasn't really something I was thinking of.
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby TheMewster » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Ask the Lord God what to do. He will guide your paths.

Isaiah 58:11 KJV--- And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1494779) wrote:Man, I had no idea that Sweden's High Schools had majors, but it sounds like a pretty great way to do things. That would have helped me immensely.

Agreed, though I'd be trying to get a few majors...

I agree if you wanna switch to something you love, it's not as much a job as a life, Listen to the Vic recording they just put up, he constantly said he loved what he did, and he was very happy with that.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:11 pm

You can get a job with an art degree in Sweden?

That's pretty awesome. But either way, chase your dreams.
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to General