Happy Anniversary CAA! Here's a present!

Talk about anything in here.

Happy Anniversary CAA! Here's a present!

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Dear CAA,

Today marks the 10 year anniversary of Christian Anime Alliance! Happy anniversary, everybody! We're throwing you a party today, and it's my great pleasure to be the one to hand out the presents.

First off, everyone has probably already noticed that the board is sporting some swank new graphics. Thanks to Mech, Goldy, Kitchen and Link for that! These guys have been working over the last few months to come up with something great - and it certainly shows. Kudos to them!

Second, you probably remember the Vic Chat Q&A thread from a while back. What you may not have known, was that this was another of our planned presents for you guys. Expect to see the edited audio up soon! EDIT: Here it is! http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=59579

Third, if you haven't already checked it out, I would encourage you to take a look at the new reviews system. Over the last 5 years I've received a ton of comments and suggestions about how to make that better - and I've taken all that to heart. We're launching a brand new reviews system - completely recoded and designed to serve as an outreach tool. It's become clear that there simply are not enough hours in the mod staffs' lives to be able to keep up with all the reviews people have been submitting. In addition, we've received countless requests to get more, quality data up as soon as possible. The new system allows us to crowd-source the ratings and reviews, while still allowing us to maintain a high quality standard. We think you're gonna love it! You can still reach the old reviews system here: https://www.christiananime.net/reviews.php

Fourth, many of you have noticed some bugs cropping up on the board recently. We've patched a good number and will be working on some more in the up coming months. (As an example, you may have noticed the calendar is now working again!)

Finally, there are a lot of stale files kicking around the board - like that "parents" section and the "home" area. We're going to be upgrading these over the next few weeks, so look forward to some new, up to date copy!

I just can't believe it's been 10 years already... Time just flies past when you love what you do - and I certainly do love hanging out with you guys. Please join me and the mods as we pray for the board - that God's will presence will be felt and his love poured out on all who visit our little neck of the woods.

See you around!
Mithrandir and the staff of CAA
Mithrandir

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks for creating such a fantastic forum and keeping it up for all these years. And the new design is awesome ^_^
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Furen » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:41 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CAA!
Thanks for the sweet new update Mith ^^
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:42 pm

Looks good, you guys! I'm looking forward to seeing the new changes come to fruition!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yoshi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Well, guess I might as well be the fourth to post here, ha ha! Cool new look--I was just about to go to bed, but I decided to go back to my new favourite site so it would come up first when I opened my browser next, and WHOA! Anyways, thanks for the good work you guys do here--it's one of the few communities of its kind that actually stays active, as I'm sure you all know so well...

Here's to another great decade!

Yoshi
DON'T SETTLE -- STAY RUGGED!
Yoshi

Postby raider~joseph » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:47 pm

Oh wow!Congrats to Mith and CAA!
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby steenajack » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Happy Anniversay CAA! You guys did great, and I love the new design so far. :3 This is really cool!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Steena, try reviewing a series that's already been reviewed in the new system. ;)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Midori » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:13 pm

I can't tell you guys how stoked I am about the new ratings/review system. Seriously. Your submissions won't sit and stew in the internal database for months or years anymore! Previous ratings won't block you from submitting your own ratings! One single person's opinions won't become incontrovertible fact! You won't have to write an essay in order to rate a title! It'll be great!

Thanks to Mith for taking the time to program this system, to give us and the whole Christian Anime community on the internet such a gift.
Midori

Postby steenajack » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:15 pm

*this post has been deleted because the author changed her mind after actually giving the reviews a good look*

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby steenajack » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:38 pm

Okay, after actually looking at the reviews, they're not as bad as I thought they were. They're actually pretty decent and helpful...more so than other sites that I've seen that use similar approaches. So, never mind my complaining. This is actually quite nice. :D

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:43 pm

Whoa! I totally didn't know that the 10 year anniversary was coming up! Then, I saw the new banner on top, and decided to check around the boards to see if I could figure out what it was about...

I love the new banner!!! It looks so cool! :) Thanks to all the hard work you guys have put into this site for the past 10 years. It's great so far, and I'm sure it'll get even better in the years to come!

Happy birthday CAA!!!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:53 pm

yaaay! Happy Anniversary, CAA! Thanks to everyone for making this day possible! ^_^ Mith, Mech, Goldy, and Link! you guys did such a great job with the site. ^_^ it looks fabulous.

Definitely praying that CAA will continue to grow and that Christ's love will be shared with our fellow anime fans! :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby acgifford » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:07 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CAA!!! thank you to all the mods and our admin mith! the site looks awesome! i love you guys. thanks for all you do! thanks for giving Christians who like anime and manga a place to go and have fun. even people who arent into anime so much can find something here. the people here rock! the staff rocks! *hugs all of the staff* thanks for keeping this site safe and doing such a great job! :D
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:15 am

10 years?? Nice!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Nami » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:17 am

WOO! Happy Anniversary CAA!! You all rock! :D
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby ADXC » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:59 am

Happy 10th CAA!
ADXC

Postby MrKrillz0r » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:04 am

Wooh :D
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Sheenar » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:05 am

The new top banner/links looks great! Thanks staff and mods for all you do. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Saved Gamer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:13 am

Happy anniversary! Let the awesomeness continue!
Saved Gamer

Postby Okami » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Looking great so far! ;) Thanks for all the work the staff continues to put into this site...I know it's much appreciated.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Xeno » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:25 am

[quote="Okami (post: 1494435)"]Looking great so far! ]

Ditto.
Xeno

Postby mathgrant » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 am

I love the new logo. It looks so bright and shiny.

I hardly consider myself an anime fanatic, but this community has shown me at the very least a simulacrum of God's love, helped me to discover at least one entertaining manga series, and most importantly been a good place to goof off. So thanks. :)
MOES
Wii: 6324 9743 7460 3573 || WarioWare DIY: 3009 1173 0734
mathgrant

Postby armeck » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:50 am

i think now would be a good time to give a shout out to all the mods who made/make this site happen
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby GeneD » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 am

The new additions look awesome! Happy 10 years CAA! Thanks to all the members and staff for making this site such a fantastic place to be.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:14 am

Yayz! The new additions look fantastic! Happy anniversary to my favorite site on the 'net, a.k.a, CAA!
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Mouse2010 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:42 am

Thanks! I'm really excited about the new reviews system. :-)
Mouse2010

Postby Atria35 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am

Okay, after clicking around and figuring out what was going on.how things worked- VERY NICE! ^.^ While I'll need to rework some of my own reviews for this, I rather like how this is set up. Great job, guys!
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:34 am

Yay, happy anniversary CAA! I LOVE the new review system, I just wrote my first review I was so excited. xD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Hiryu » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:05 pm

The banner is the most impressing thing so far. It's totally awesome.
Hiryu

Next

Return to General