It's the fourth of July

Talk about anything in here.

It's the fourth of July

Postby Furen » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:49 am

So I guess I should wish everyone a happy Independence day!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:55 am

My fam has sparkers ready, and the grill... was stolen, but we'll broil the burgers in the oven in the spirit of grilling!
Atria35

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:13 am

Happy Independence Day, American friends!
Don't forget to fight off the aliens when they come. I suggest that you get a drunken ex-pilot to sacrifice himself for the good of mankind. That should seal the deal.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ashfire » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:19 am

Well its nice now but they are calling for storms around the time concerts and fireworks will be happening here in the Wash DC area. Some of it will be on TV.
ashfire

Postby Nanao » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:03 am

Happy 4th everyone ^___^

We're spending the day with family. Then dad is going to grill later. They're calling for storms later here to, so fireworks might not work out. We were planning on watching them from our sailboat, but water and lightening don't generally mix well : P
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby Dante » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:23 am

Except in soviet alaska, where it's daylight all night long and they can't enjoy fire-works XP. Hooray for having a night-time!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby SSJ3Goku » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:59 am

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

I went to "Freedom Fest" on Saturday. My town's annual 4th of July celebration. :sweat:
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The list of Anime I'm currently watching, or have watched: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku
SSJ3Goku

Postby Xeno » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:19 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1489093) wrote:Happy Independence Day, American friends!
Don't forget to fight off the aliens when they come. I suggest that you get a drunken ex-pilot to sacrifice himself for the good of mankind. That should seal the deal.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do today, now I know exactly what I'll be watching. Thank you.

Happy Independence Day to all my other fellow Americans and even moreso to any members, and the families of members, of our great nation's armed forces. Your daily sacrifices that go beyond that which the average American could possibly understand. I salute you. God bless America.

*Jets fly overhead while fireworks explode and an orchestra plays the Star Spangled Banner*
Xeno

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:22 am

I'm gonna stay home and watch 1776 this year.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:22 am

Furen beat me to it, lol.

I was going to rick roll everyone, but my Mom says "No".

God bless our fellow Americans, for bringing this great country to its former beauty.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 pm

HAPPY 4th!!!! :) I'm going to strap fireworks onto my remote control car as usual and do a little fireworks show. XD lol
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Happy 'Merica day, Guys! XD
I work from 4-8 (yays we closin early!) Then eating eating some Carne Asada that Maledicte is making and then going to drive somewhere to watch as people waste money on fireworks! \*D*/ Free Entertainment in the night sky.

Cuz Baby I'm a Firework.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Ella Edric » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:09 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1489146) wrote:Cuz Baby I'm a Firework.

No. Just no. XD

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULYYYYY!!!! YAY FOR FREEDOM YAY AMERICA!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby Agloval » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Happy 4th of July, guys -- I hope you all have a fun holiday.

[SIZE="1"]I was going to wear a red coat to get into the spirit of the day, but then I remembered that I don't have any red coats.[/SIZE]
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Happy 4th of July, everyone! ^^ I just finished 1776 for the first time, hope to see most of Yankee Doodle Dandy later, and of course when it gets dark outside there shall be fireworks. :3

Also, thanks to Ren for ironically posting this thread. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby ADXC » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Happy 4th of July everyone!

@ Ella- "Do you know that there's still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you
You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July"
ADXC

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Happy 4th Everyone.

Looking forward to the annual indulgence in controlled pyromania.:evil:

Ultimate Sparkler
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby PrincessZelda » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:40 pm

My state has banned fireworks (even sparklers) this year because half of the state's already on fire. :\
PrincessZelda

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:23 pm

...and I'm in Japan, so there were no celebrations for me. It was just another day. :\

*high-fives Zelda on downer posts* YEAH! We know how to bring a party down!
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby aliveinHim » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:38 pm

We've got the cul-de-sac barbeque going! Fireworks, food, and fellowship!
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Well I WAS gonna cook out some hot dogs and burgers on the grill, but then a severe thunderstorm had to roll in and cancel those plans. So we went out to a local Italian place for dinner. :\ And it's still raining, and the rain is supposed to last all night, meaning no chance of fireworks either.

*joins Yuki and Zelly in the downer posts*

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Happy 4th \o.o/
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:32 pm

My bro and I just set off a ton of smoke bombs. It. Was. Awesome.
Atria35

Postby Yamamaya » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:13 pm

To brighten the mood, I shall supply a timely Yu-gi-oh abridged reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNtyDY7sbc
Yamamaya

Postby Edward » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:30 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1489185) wrote:To brighten the mood, I shall supply a timely Yu-gi-oh abridged reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNtyDY7sbc

lol. Yugioh abridged is hilarious.

[SIZE="1"]In America.[/SIZE]
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:12 pm

[color="Plum"]Happy 4th of July.:jump:[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Dante (post: 1489106) wrote:Except in soviet alaska, where it's daylight all night long and they can't enjoy fire-works XP. Hooray for having a night-time!

Actually it was cloudy so it was better than it has been for a while.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Okami » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:20 pm

*shrugs* I didn't celebrate this year, no grilling or fireworks, although we did go out for a bit of an afternoon picnic and walk through a woodsy park trail. I'm not feeling much patriotism as I have in years past - I am certainly grateful for the freedoms that I enjoy, but I'm apathetic at best; although I'm glad to see so many of you enjoyed the day of America's Independence. ^_^
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:29 pm

WELL~! A stray dog ended up wandering into our yard- no collar, no tags, nothing, and a bad hip to boot. Since mom and my bro have major allergies, we had to run out and buy a collar and borrow a chain (at 10 at night!) from our neighbors, and have him tied up outside so that the police can get him in the morning (they didn't have a way to take him tonight. We called and someone came over and told us). He's in pretty rough shape, but also seems to have only been lost recently, so we're hoping they'll find the family soon.
Atria35

Postby ADXC » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Guess what? We did see fireworks, but midway through it started raining! However the fireworks didn't stop so we just stayed and continued watching.
ADXC

Next

Return to General