What do you do on Sunday?

Talk about anything in here.

What do you do on Sunday?

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:29 pm

I know, I know. This is like my third thread all in one week. You all should know by now how I have a habit of making to many threads. :lol:

Anyway, I'm just kind of curious, what do you all do on the day of rest? Other then go to church I mean. I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to be doing on Sundays.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Right now church is the only God-related thing I do. I don't really rest (I don't think I should take a nap on any afternoons, my sleep schedule is wacky enough as it is), and I don't know if that's a bad thing or not.

Other than that, I catch a few TV shows that are only on Sundays, but that's probably not the kind of answer you want. XD;
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:48 pm

I don't go to church. I don't have one nearby that I like. I have never found one that I like.

I, uh, watch anime and read. Do dishes if I need to (and I probably do), finish my laundry.... Basically, stuff that I don't have the time or energy to do during the rest of the week. Usually it's so light that I do consider it rest. I mean, I can surf the web and read books that I've been meaning to get around to while at the laundromat. Can't get much more 'at rest' than that!
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:50 pm

The same thing I do any other day of the week (aside from go to work, as my workplace is closed). XD If I'm in school, I'm usually working on homework that I've been procrastinating on, and if I'm not in school, I'm either perusing the internet, reading a book, hanging out with my family, or doing something else. XD Aside from going to church, Sundays aren't typically that different for me, except that they're often less stressful as I usually have nowhere else to go. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mister » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 pm

i like to go eat after church with friends and family... play games.... watch anime.... read.... maybe visit some neighboring churches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Since I work with two different churches on Sunday, I really only have a handful of hours that I don't spend doing church things. This usually involves surfing the internet.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 pm

The only constant thing is I watch a little anime. I've been doing homework a lot of the time but I'm about to run out of that, so I'll have to sort something out....
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Ah alright, thanks everyone. That doesn't sound much different from what I do. :lol:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Saturdays (my church day) are usually pretty quiet. After church, if there's nothing special going on, my family and I come home for lunch, maybe have a couple friends over/go to their house, or go to the library and get some books, but generally just chill out, take a break from any work and have a family day.

We stay off the computer and TV between sundown Friday and sundown Saturday - when I was younger, I didn't really look forward to Saturdays because of that that, but now I don't mind it, I mean, there's six other days for that stuff. I get some reading done, at least, and we usually play board games Friday night.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby ADXC » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Depends on the time of the year. During school, I'm usually catching up on homework, going to eat a friends house, watching a movie or playing a game with them.

During summer, I eat with the fam, then we'll nap some, get up, watch a movie, and then the rest of the day is mine which I'll do with as I please. Right now I'm playing FW.
ADXC

Postby shooraijin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Bump to fix last posted flag, carry on.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Sunday's just another day for me, except more boring because most websites don't really update on Sundays and all my local friends are usually busy.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm Sabbatarian, so...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:58 pm

The same thing I do every day. Sit on the internet, and play video games. Though Over-Time usually has Gokaiger or OOO subbed by Sunday evening so unlike most other days, I refresh that page constantly so I can watch the new episodes as soon as possible. But that's about it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Family meal, reading, surfing the Net, some study, evening church.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:15 am

Go to church, eat an early dinner (Between 1:30 pm and 4:00 pm), then just chill out the rest of the day. And my definition of that is drawing, listening to music, and CAA. Not much different than all the other days of the week, except I don't have any school work to do. :P
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby CrystalChalice » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:36 am

My usual Sunday schedule:
*Go to church
*Find a restaurant to eat for lunch
*Study/finish assignments
*Watch anime on computer
*Eat dinner
*Use computer again
*Sleep
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby TheMewster » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 am

I take my Sunday as a Sabbath. I rest, go to church, go out to eat, and do as little as possible!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Xeno » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 am

The same thing we do every day Pinky...try to take over the world.

I used to go out to eat with friends after services. Now I just come home and watch Netflix, get on the computer, or play video games. Costs less and I get the same level of enjoyment out of it.
Xeno

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 am

Every Sunday, this is how it usually is for me:

Go to church
Go home
Eat meals
Nap
Use the computer
Get ready for the next day
Sleep.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:21 pm

ADXC (post: 1487696) wrote:Depends on the time of the year. During school, I'm usually catching up on homework, going to eat a friends house, watching a movie or playing a game with them.

CrystalChalice (post: 1487760) wrote:My usual Sunday schedule:
*Go to church
*Find a restaurant to eat for lunch
*Study/finish assignments
*Watch anime on computer
*Eat dinner
*Use computer again
*Sleep

You guys have amazing appetites. XD

FllMtl Novelist

Postby ADXC » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Oh shut up.
ADXC

Postby goldenspines » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:12 pm

ADXC (post: 1487903) wrote:Oh shut up.
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=58264
goldenspines

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:19 pm

I think they're just kidding around, not trying to be rude. 0.o

TopazRaven

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:28 pm

ADXC (post: 1487903) wrote:Oh shut up.

I was just teasing. I'm sorry I offended you. :/

FllMtl Novelist

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Usually besides church the only other Christian things I do are praying my rosary and watching a program on EWTN called The World Over, which is a Christian news show (actually it's Catholic) They usually have videos of it on YouTube.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Furen » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Ummm, whatever makes me feel relaxed usually, I find I swarm to CAA on Sunday for the JP talk, and really any talk, it's just fun to be here, I don't tend to get away unless I'm not at home

also, CC, how does a restaurant taste like?
I'd think they taste quite weird... :/
Find a restaurant to eat for lunch
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Hiryu » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 pm

If I don't have to work, I usually stay at home. There's always the Japanese chat/lesson/hang-out on sunday nights Goldy does.
Hiryu

Postby armeck » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 pm

I go to work
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 am

We make big fancy dinners, watch my Mom watch epic movies, spy on people on Facebook (Joking..). And, if the day wasn't filled with laughter, then it wasn't Sunday.
SincerelyAnomymous

Next

Return to General