A certain magical index

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

A certain magical index

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:30 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has seen "A Certain Magical Index", and if it's interesting enough to watch. I've just seen a few AMVs using it, so the animation is mostly what caught my eye.

Oh, and this.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby SailorDove » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:34 pm

LOL, that pic is awesome. No clue what it is.

Please enlighten us oh CAA member who knoweth from whence this cometh from.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Falx » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:10 am

That pic in particular is from the second season of Index.

Overall Index is pretty iffy. The first season dips and dives from 5/10 to 7/10 in quality, while the second season tends to stay a solid seven, briefly reaching 8/10 whenever Accelerator does something awesome, which is almost every time he's on screen. Overall it's a semi-decent action series with far too little action and too much talking.

The first season doesn't have it so much but the second season is quite fanservicey. Also, and this might be a sticking point for many... the Catholic and Protestant churches are all magic-users and frequently summon spirits and angels to do their bidding. So be aware it might offend you.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby blkmage » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:54 am

A Certain Expositional Infodump.
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:01 am

I saw the first episode... but because I've heard it's rather indifferent, I didn't stick around to watching it. I'm still unsure if I need to see it to understand A Certain Scientific Railgun, though.
Atria35

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews