First published article, ever!

Talk about anything in here.

First published article, ever!

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 pm

It's just a short article I wrote for ViewsHound, a FB app for authors. It was written about expectations in life, and how those can sometimes chain us down. I included some facts about myself, my future goals and aspirations. It's just a small piece, but it's out there on a legitimate site, which makes it my first publication ever! I'm super excited, even though it's not that big of a deal.

Erm...I believe it's based on the number of views as to its popularity, so I don't know about linking to it? I forget, but I'm pretty sure that would count as solicitation, and that's a ToS violation. But anyway, yeah! I'm as giddy as a kid on Christmas about this.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 pm

lol Congrates Destroyer2000!! :)
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:23 pm

You could post it on the links section. I'm curious as to what you've written.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:02 am

Rock on. I remember that feeling when I first got published in a magazine (a Commodore 64 program I wrote for COMPUTE).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby acgifford » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:10 am

WOO! Great job buddy!
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Nami » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:39 am

Awesomeness duuude! :3
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Destroyer2000 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:15 am

I posted the link to the article under "Links," for those who are interested.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Nami » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:17 am

I read it! :D Nicely done! I love it.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Nanao » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:59 pm

Congrats on being published ^____^ That's a huge accomplishment!
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Return to General